STD Tuning Suspension bearing bracket bushing not fully seated

bearing bracket bushing not fully seated

bearing bracket bushing not fully seated

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

300SD81
GT2559V

03-14-2010, 11:02 PM #1
Replaced my guide rod mount and bearing bracket bushings today. What are the consequences of having the bushings not be full seated? I could not get the things all the way in no matter what I did, all 4 are currently about 1/4in from being flat with the bottom of the bracket. Are they likely seat themselves over time, or should I try to obtain/make the tool in the FSM used to press them?

[Image: Suspension_Brng_Brkt.jpg]

Ich liebe meine Autos!

1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD | 156K Miles | 2nd Owner | EGR Disabled [Removal Pending] | ALDA Removed | Straight Pipes | GT2256V??? | Laser Interceptor | Engine swap over summer, hopefully with GT2256V attached...

1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD | Odo Stopped at 160K (at least 50K more) | EGR Disabled | ALDA All The Way Out | Straight pipes | FM-870 Remote Start Alarm System | B100 Biodiesel | AC Fixed x2 | Trunk crushed in Sad | Retired to garage.

Excessive speeding? It ain't excessive till I redline!
300SD81
03-14-2010, 11:02 PM #1

Replaced my guide rod mount and bearing bracket bushings today. What are the consequences of having the bushings not be full seated? I could not get the things all the way in no matter what I did, all 4 are currently about 1/4in from being flat with the bottom of the bracket. Are they likely seat themselves over time, or should I try to obtain/make the tool in the FSM used to press them?

[Image: Suspension_Brng_Brkt.jpg]

Ich liebe meine Autos!

1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD | 156K Miles | 2nd Owner | EGR Disabled [Removal Pending] | ALDA Removed | Straight Pipes | GT2256V??? | Laser Interceptor | Engine swap over summer, hopefully with GT2256V attached...

1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD | Odo Stopped at 160K (at least 50K more) | EGR Disabled | ALDA All The Way Out | Straight pipes | FM-870 Remote Start Alarm System | B100 Biodiesel | AC Fixed x2 | Trunk crushed in Sad | Retired to garage.

Excessive speeding? It ain't excessive till I redline!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average