STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides WTB: Turbo - K26 or possibly a VNT

WTB: Turbo - K26 or possibly a VNT

WTB: Turbo - K26 or possibly a VNT

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

capflya
Dreaming of a VNT

02-16-2010, 10:28 PM #1
Hello,

I've been a lurker on this forum for awhile learning about these cars. I finally got my self a 300D. The engine is blown but the people I bought it from gave me a "good" engine to go in the car.

I inspected the turbo on the original engine and it appears to have what I would call a lot of side-to-side shaft play. It's a T3 and from what I read a K26 would be an upgrade. I figured since I need a new one anyway a K26 would be a good buy.

I'm open to a VNT as well. I would prefer this route but I need to read up some more on what is involved in the install of a VNT turbo. I have a Duramax truck and it has a VNT so I know the feeling of a quick-spooling turbo and it's nice Big Grin

I'm going to a couple pick-n-pull's in a few days in search of a turbo. If anyone has a turbo or knows a place I could find a good deal on one I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

-David

'98 E300 Turbo "Juliette" - Brabus wheels and almost all the options a w210 could have
'87 300D Turbo "Roxanne" - #22 head - 400E brakes - EGR Delete - 17" Staggered AMG 5 spoke rims from CLK500 - 5 Spd manual
2007 Chevy 2500HD CCSB Duramax with about 400-500 rwhp depending on the tune I use Big Grin
1983 300D Silver Exterior/Black inside - Sold and will be missed, may we never meet in a PnP.
capflya
02-16-2010, 10:28 PM #1

Hello,

I've been a lurker on this forum for awhile learning about these cars. I finally got my self a 300D. The engine is blown but the people I bought it from gave me a "good" engine to go in the car.

I inspected the turbo on the original engine and it appears to have what I would call a lot of side-to-side shaft play. It's a T3 and from what I read a K26 would be an upgrade. I figured since I need a new one anyway a K26 would be a good buy.

I'm open to a VNT as well. I would prefer this route but I need to read up some more on what is involved in the install of a VNT turbo. I have a Duramax truck and it has a VNT so I know the feeling of a quick-spooling turbo and it's nice Big Grin

I'm going to a couple pick-n-pull's in a few days in search of a turbo. If anyone has a turbo or knows a place I could find a good deal on one I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

-David

'98 E300 Turbo "Juliette" - Brabus wheels and almost all the options a w210 could have
'87 300D Turbo "Roxanne" - #22 head - 400E brakes - EGR Delete - 17" Staggered AMG 5 spoke rims from CLK500 - 5 Spd manual
2007 Chevy 2500HD CCSB Duramax with about 400-500 rwhp depending on the tune I use Big Grin
1983 300D Silver Exterior/Black inside - Sold and will be missed, may we never meet in a PnP.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average