STD Other Open Breaking News: It's nice to have money

Breaking News: It's nice to have money

Breaking News: It's nice to have money

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CID Vicious
Unregistered

02-06-2010, 05:15 PM #1
1000hp 2010 Camaro SS with 8 miles on the clock.

Closest thing I've seen to that in real life is a black on black Chevy Vega that was 350 swapped at 5 miles, used to work for the guy that owned it.

1000hp with a stick! And I'll bet it cost less than a Super Snake to build!
CID Vicious
02-06-2010, 05:15 PM #1

1000hp 2010 Camaro SS with 8 miles on the clock.

Closest thing I've seen to that in real life is a black on black Chevy Vega that was 350 swapped at 5 miles, used to work for the guy that owned it.

1000hp with a stick! And I'll bet it cost less than a Super Snake to build!

ForcedInduction
Banned

02-06-2010, 06:38 PM #2
(02-06-2010, 05:15 PM)CID Vicious And I'll bet it cost less than a Super Snake to build!

I'd imagine so, they made no effort at all to make a decent air filter system.

[Image: 1003gmhtp_02_o+1000_hp_2010_chevy_camaro+engine_bay.jpg]
ForcedInduction
02-06-2010, 06:38 PM #2

(02-06-2010, 05:15 PM)CID Vicious And I'll bet it cost less than a Super Snake to build!

I'd imagine so, they made no effort at all to make a decent air filter system.

[Image: 1003gmhtp_02_o+1000_hp_2010_chevy_camaro+engine_bay.jpg]

Rudolf_Diesel
Ask me if I care...

02-07-2010, 08:34 AM #3
On Horsepower TV They did a Roots type blower on a stock engine that looked like factory, only 450hp/450T at the wheels, but it would be enough for me.
This post was last modified: 02-07-2010, 08:41 AM by Rudolf_Diesel.

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.
Rudolf_Diesel
02-07-2010, 08:34 AM #3

On Horsepower TV They did a Roots type blower on a stock engine that looked like factory, only 450hp/450T at the wheels, but it would be enough for me.

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.

CID Vicious
Unregistered

02-07-2010, 11:17 AM #4
Yeah, 1000hp is pure bragging rights anywhere but the drag strip. (Funny how the VW/Audi/Bugatti engineers required 16 cylinders and four turbos to make not even the same flywheel horsepower!) Generally I find even the fastest cars don't need any more than 650. (Which means you can go buy the ZR1 motor, bolt it in, and probably be as fast on a road course as that car is.). But you have to give it to the guy, hottest car Chevy's had in a long time and the guy has it with 8 miles and 2.5 times the stock power. Like I said, must be nice...I'd be happy with a 616 in the triple digits myself!

I like the car, it's funny enough to even find a brand new Camaro with a blower on it, much less something this over the top. You'd look at that and just go 'oh, it's the stock LS3 with a blower on it' and you're wrong by like half.

Forced, if you'd like to show me where you'd route a 4" intake system through that engine compartment, I'm all ears. Until then, here's a free coupon to go see a therapist about your irrational fear of K&N filters. I'm starting to think that maybe a cone filter started sneaking in your bedroom late at night...are you finding any blocked memories? Big Grin Wink
CID Vicious
02-07-2010, 11:17 AM #4

Yeah, 1000hp is pure bragging rights anywhere but the drag strip. (Funny how the VW/Audi/Bugatti engineers required 16 cylinders and four turbos to make not even the same flywheel horsepower!) Generally I find even the fastest cars don't need any more than 650. (Which means you can go buy the ZR1 motor, bolt it in, and probably be as fast on a road course as that car is.). But you have to give it to the guy, hottest car Chevy's had in a long time and the guy has it with 8 miles and 2.5 times the stock power. Like I said, must be nice...I'd be happy with a 616 in the triple digits myself!

I like the car, it's funny enough to even find a brand new Camaro with a blower on it, much less something this over the top. You'd look at that and just go 'oh, it's the stock LS3 with a blower on it' and you're wrong by like half.

Forced, if you'd like to show me where you'd route a 4" intake system through that engine compartment, I'm all ears. Until then, here's a free coupon to go see a therapist about your irrational fear of K&N filters. I'm starting to think that maybe a cone filter started sneaking in your bedroom late at night...are you finding any blocked memories? Big Grin Wink

ForcedInduction
Banned

02-07-2010, 11:20 AM #5
The least they could have done is make a box around it to keep it from sucking exhaust manifold air.
ForcedInduction
02-07-2010, 11:20 AM #5

The least they could have done is make a box around it to keep it from sucking exhaust manifold air.

Rudolf_Diesel
Ask me if I care...

02-07-2010, 11:33 AM #6
Anything but a K&N would be good. After running a K&N on my PSD it looked like it was bead blasted after a few thousand miles. They are only good for FOD on the drag strip.

Rudolf_Diesel
02-07-2010, 11:33 AM #6

Anything but a K&N would be good. After running a K&N on my PSD it looked like it was bead blasted after a few thousand miles. They are only good for FOD on the drag strip.

CID Vicious
Unregistered

02-07-2010, 11:53 AM #7
I'm looking at upgrading mine in the future to the AEM dry, right now it's doing fine. I figure if I'm looking at turboing a 616 sheer reliability isn't what I have in mind. Blowing the 616 would suck, right up until I decided to replace it with an NPR motor.

The only thing I can think of would be an airbox that mates up to a functional hood scoop. And there's the whole issue of flowing enough through any reasonable solution to feed 1000 ponies. Few of us have any experience at all making such power - finally a motor that could out-breathe a Duramax airbox! Or two of them!

Also the guy isn't finished with the car yet, I'm sure he wanted to get it up and running before someone else beat him to the punch, and yeah, he might 'only' be making 900 hp at the moment. If you look at the money the guy spent, it's not because he's cutting corners. He easily could have waited for an SS to come back with a few thou on the odo and saved a lot of money (although the gouge for such a car might make up for any 'savings').

It's obviously a show car, if it was for max performance on the strip it would be stripped, big n' little'd, etc. For the perceivable future the guy's got a rare bird. It's also very clean, the guy is going for as much of a 'sleeper' as a new SS could be, not going out of his way to advertise that your friend with the imported GT-R is about to get embarrassed, big time. Yeah, even with the 'big turbo' kit.

It would be hilarious to actually see him 'V6 it', make it look like a base car on the outside as much as possible. I remember the article said he's planning on a hood and some stripes though, so the sleeper effect will probably go the way of that open air filter.
CID Vicious
02-07-2010, 11:53 AM #7

I'm looking at upgrading mine in the future to the AEM dry, right now it's doing fine. I figure if I'm looking at turboing a 616 sheer reliability isn't what I have in mind. Blowing the 616 would suck, right up until I decided to replace it with an NPR motor.

The only thing I can think of would be an airbox that mates up to a functional hood scoop. And there's the whole issue of flowing enough through any reasonable solution to feed 1000 ponies. Few of us have any experience at all making such power - finally a motor that could out-breathe a Duramax airbox! Or two of them!

Also the guy isn't finished with the car yet, I'm sure he wanted to get it up and running before someone else beat him to the punch, and yeah, he might 'only' be making 900 hp at the moment. If you look at the money the guy spent, it's not because he's cutting corners. He easily could have waited for an SS to come back with a few thou on the odo and saved a lot of money (although the gouge for such a car might make up for any 'savings').

It's obviously a show car, if it was for max performance on the strip it would be stripped, big n' little'd, etc. For the perceivable future the guy's got a rare bird. It's also very clean, the guy is going for as much of a 'sleeper' as a new SS could be, not going out of his way to advertise that your friend with the imported GT-R is about to get embarrassed, big time. Yeah, even with the 'big turbo' kit.

It would be hilarious to actually see him 'V6 it', make it look like a base car on the outside as much as possible. I remember the article said he's planning on a hood and some stripes though, so the sleeper effect will probably go the way of that open air filter.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average