STD Tuning Suspension Spring pad height difference

Spring pad height difference

Spring pad height difference

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CID Vicious
Unregistered

02-05-2010, 06:59 PM #1
How much height difference does one gain when going from a 2 nub pad to a 4?

I have the 300D springs minus two coils in the 240D now, and it's just a little too low. I like the handling and the ride so I'm keeping the springs where they are. I have four nub pads in the front of my 240D and 2 nub pads in the front of the 300D, 2 nub in back on both. The 300D is a little lower than I'd like and the 240D is a little higher, so I want to know about how much difference it would be so I can figure out if pulling the front suspensions apart on the two cars again will be worth it.

I'd also like to order a set of four nub pads for the back springs, where do you all get your spring pads and about how much do they go for?
CID Vicious
02-05-2010, 06:59 PM #1

How much height difference does one gain when going from a 2 nub pad to a 4?

I have the 300D springs minus two coils in the 240D now, and it's just a little too low. I like the handling and the ride so I'm keeping the springs where they are. I have four nub pads in the front of my 240D and 2 nub pads in the front of the 300D, 2 nub in back on both. The 300D is a little lower than I'd like and the 240D is a little higher, so I want to know about how much difference it would be so I can figure out if pulling the front suspensions apart on the two cars again will be worth it.

I'd also like to order a set of four nub pads for the back springs, where do you all get your spring pads and about how much do they go for?

SurfRodder
Jackass Extraordinaire

02-05-2010, 11:40 PM #2
(02-05-2010, 06:59 PM)CID Vicious How much height difference does one gain when going from a 2 nub pad to a 4?
IIRC the 2 nubs are 14mm thick and the 4 nubs are 24mm

(02-05-2010, 06:59 PM)CID Vicious I'd also like to order a set of four nub pads for the back springs, where do you all get your spring pads and about how much do they go for?

you can get them here:
http://www.allpartsexpress.com/ShopByVeh...im&mode=PA

It looks like they only offer a max of 19mm here tho...which I think are 3 nub?
I usually get them from my local indy parts place.
This post was last modified: 02-05-2010, 11:42 PM by SurfRodder.

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62
SurfRodder
02-05-2010, 11:40 PM #2

(02-05-2010, 06:59 PM)CID Vicious How much height difference does one gain when going from a 2 nub pad to a 4?
IIRC the 2 nubs are 14mm thick and the 4 nubs are 24mm

(02-05-2010, 06:59 PM)CID Vicious I'd also like to order a set of four nub pads for the back springs, where do you all get your spring pads and about how much do they go for?

you can get them here:
http://www.allpartsexpress.com/ShopByVeh...im&mode=PA

It looks like they only offer a max of 19mm here tho...which I think are 3 nub?
I usually get them from my local indy parts place.

W123 Mods: 4 speed ** manual climate control ** '85 Kalitucky intake ** manual windows & full tint ** Euro headlights retrofit w/bixenon projectors ** 4 brake light mod ** Vogtland 50mm drop front & Lesjofors S600 drop rear springs ** 16" rims ** late w126 brake spindles, rotors & calipers ** full suspension rehab ** Bilstein HDs ** AL129X alternator & 1/0 starter and charging cables ** 300GD clutch/flywheel ** AFCO 80103N radiator & Earl's 41610 oil cooler ** custom block-off plate, remote oil filter & t-stat ** MW IP w/ tomnik's 6.5mm 'Holly' elements **

S124 Mods: 400E Rear subframe ** SL600 Brakes ** Late 300E 210mm diff ** SLK230 6 speed ** 17" CLK rims ** Vented RF Fender ** Facelift Hood, Headlights, and Lower Cladding **

OBK# 62

CID Vicious
Unregistered

02-06-2010, 01:42 PM #3
Wow, a whole 10mm difference...well, at some point I'm going to want to put some Bilsteins in so they can get swapped in then. If I'm going to pull the front springs out again I think I'd rather cut them another half to full coil rather than pull them just to put spring pads in. I think I'm going to have my friend fab up an oil pan guard anyway. And that way if I end up going lower at least I'm gaining stiffness in the front too.

Think CarQuest would have them? I'm up in the relative middle of nowhere and my options are limited.
CID Vicious
02-06-2010, 01:42 PM #3

Wow, a whole 10mm difference...well, at some point I'm going to want to put some Bilsteins in so they can get swapped in then. If I'm going to pull the front springs out again I think I'd rather cut them another half to full coil rather than pull them just to put spring pads in. I think I'm going to have my friend fab up an oil pan guard anyway. And that way if I end up going lower at least I'm gaining stiffness in the front too.

Think CarQuest would have them? I'm up in the relative middle of nowhere and my options are limited.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average