STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides Mynä-Diesel Pump For Sale

Mynä-Diesel Pump For Sale

Mynä-Diesel Pump For Sale

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

62bhp
Unregistered

02-01-2010, 08:35 PM #1
Hello all,

First, I'd like to say that I am glad there has been a continuation of interest and support for an American Superturbo forum. I was a member on Shuman for awhile, but when I returned yesturday, it seems (and probably for quite some time) that the Superturbo forum was taken down and this site created instead. Glad I found it.

Now, about the pump. I have been holding onto this gem for quite some time now (two years) with the idea of creating my own Super-turbo Mercedes based on that of the green wagon from Finland. Unfortunately though, due to financial constraints (I'm a poor college student) I am forced to sell and be contempt with keeping my car stock... for now.

So, I am putting up for sale my modified Mynä-Diesel M pump for Om 617 engines. This pump has been completely redone by Mynä Diesel; seven mm elements--the biggest available--along with all gaskets, proper tuning, and some other small modifications, like the boost aneroid you'll see in the pictures. The pump is capable of supporting the fueling of up to three-hundred horse power, according to Mynä Diesel, with the proper air flow rates--different Turbo, porting of head ect-- and correct timing. It is my understanding that there is another forum member, on this site or another, who has the Mynä pump and actually ran it on a dynamo. Just on the stock set up he reported roughly 140 horse power at the wheels! As you can see there is incredible potential if this is coupled with the right setup.

All told, including shipping (120$), cost of the pump (300$), and the modification itself (1,250 Eur~ or 1,700 at an exchange rate of 1.36$) I have about 2120$ dollars into this piece.

Ideally speaking, I would like to recoup as much money as I can but given our current economic times this is probably not feasible as most of us don't have extra cash lying around. This is why I am willing to negotiate on the price and possibly by as much as a couple hundred dollars or more depending upon the circumstances. Keep in mind that since its modification no additional miles have been put on this pump. It is still dry in the orginal box that it came in. So please, if you have a price in mind contact me and we can discuss it. I would really like to see this go to a functioning project, to someone who will use, instead of it sitting in the corner of my room, and hopefully others too will be inspire to get their projects going.

Also, I will be uploading all receipts except for the original cost of the part as the pump was just bought informally from a friend's Euro 300d. In addition, there are three photos of said pump one of which is labeled with some numbering. This numbering was done by Anti before shipment of the pump back to the U.S describing all the various features and tuning options available--the shutdown aneroid, the fuel lines, and the primer pump were not installed yet when the pictures were taken. Upon request I can also email you the correspondence Anti and I had as the process took place.

If anyone is interested please email me at mpapiri2008@gmail.com and I will try to answer as many questions as best I can, although I think most of you probably have more technical knowledge on the subject than I do.

One last comment about shipping. I am willing to ship this international and depending on the final destination, I might be willing to contribute to a portion of the total shipping cost.

Mike P.
Here are the pictures and some comments that I received from Anti before arrival of the pump

1) Max fuel delivery adjustment. It is now settled to max and if
> needed
> to decrease, turn clockwise (the pin moves to left as looking pic1).
> 2) Adjustment for fuel delivery without boost. Moving to right (as
> looking pic1) increases fuel delivery.
> 3) Boost pressure entry.
> 4) Idle speed adjustment. Decreases clockwise.
> 5) Oil hose connection. Now there is the locking in the place, which
> locks the pump for timing. The drilling where the locking pin goes is
> seen in the pic3. When the pump is installed and the timing is right,
> remove the locking and install oil hose connection as seen in the
> picture.
> 6) Fuel in.
> 7) Fuel out.
> 8) Outside timing mark.
> 9) Throttle lever limiter.
>
> Some modifications needed:
> -Re-bend fuel injection lines
> -Remade the rear mounting bracket of the pump
> -Lengthen the oil feed line
> -Mods for the throttle linkage
This post was last modified: 02-01-2010, 09:17 PM by 62bhp.
Attached Files
Image(s)

62bhp
02-01-2010, 08:35 PM #1

Hello all,

First, I'd like to say that I am glad there has been a continuation of interest and support for an American Superturbo forum. I was a member on Shuman for awhile, but when I returned yesturday, it seems (and probably for quite some time) that the Superturbo forum was taken down and this site created instead. Glad I found it.

Now, about the pump. I have been holding onto this gem for quite some time now (two years) with the idea of creating my own Super-turbo Mercedes based on that of the green wagon from Finland. Unfortunately though, due to financial constraints (I'm a poor college student) I am forced to sell and be contempt with keeping my car stock... for now.

So, I am putting up for sale my modified Mynä-Diesel M pump for Om 617 engines. This pump has been completely redone by Mynä Diesel; seven mm elements--the biggest available--along with all gaskets, proper tuning, and some other small modifications, like the boost aneroid you'll see in the pictures. The pump is capable of supporting the fueling of up to three-hundred horse power, according to Mynä Diesel, with the proper air flow rates--different Turbo, porting of head ect-- and correct timing. It is my understanding that there is another forum member, on this site or another, who has the Mynä pump and actually ran it on a dynamo. Just on the stock set up he reported roughly 140 horse power at the wheels! As you can see there is incredible potential if this is coupled with the right setup.

All told, including shipping (120$), cost of the pump (300$), and the modification itself (1,250 Eur~ or 1,700 at an exchange rate of 1.36$) I have about 2120$ dollars into this piece.

Ideally speaking, I would like to recoup as much money as I can but given our current economic times this is probably not feasible as most of us don't have extra cash lying around. This is why I am willing to negotiate on the price and possibly by as much as a couple hundred dollars or more depending upon the circumstances. Keep in mind that since its modification no additional miles have been put on this pump. It is still dry in the orginal box that it came in. So please, if you have a price in mind contact me and we can discuss it. I would really like to see this go to a functioning project, to someone who will use, instead of it sitting in the corner of my room, and hopefully others too will be inspire to get their projects going.

Also, I will be uploading all receipts except for the original cost of the part as the pump was just bought informally from a friend's Euro 300d. In addition, there are three photos of said pump one of which is labeled with some numbering. This numbering was done by Anti before shipment of the pump back to the U.S describing all the various features and tuning options available--the shutdown aneroid, the fuel lines, and the primer pump were not installed yet when the pictures were taken. Upon request I can also email you the correspondence Anti and I had as the process took place.

If anyone is interested please email me at mpapiri2008@gmail.com and I will try to answer as many questions as best I can, although I think most of you probably have more technical knowledge on the subject than I do.

One last comment about shipping. I am willing to ship this international and depending on the final destination, I might be willing to contribute to a portion of the total shipping cost.

Mike P.

Here are the pictures and some comments that I received from Anti before arrival of the pump

1) Max fuel delivery adjustment. It is now settled to max and if
> needed
> to decrease, turn clockwise (the pin moves to left as looking pic1).
> 2) Adjustment for fuel delivery without boost. Moving to right (as
> looking pic1) increases fuel delivery.
> 3) Boost pressure entry.
> 4) Idle speed adjustment. Decreases clockwise.
> 5) Oil hose connection. Now there is the locking in the place, which
> locks the pump for timing. The drilling where the locking pin goes is
> seen in the pic3. When the pump is installed and the timing is right,
> remove the locking and install oil hose connection as seen in the
> picture.
> 6) Fuel in.
> 7) Fuel out.
> 8) Outside timing mark.
> 9) Throttle lever limiter.
>
> Some modifications needed:
> -Re-bend fuel injection lines
> -Remade the rear mounting bracket of the pump
> -Lengthen the oil feed line
> -Mods for the throttle linkage

Attached Files
Image(s)

GREASY_BEAST
Holset

02-01-2010, 10:04 PM #2
That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Sorry, I don't have the money, but if I did I would buy it.
GREASY_BEAST
02-01-2010, 10:04 PM #2

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Sorry, I don't have the money, but if I did I would buy it.

Syncro_G
0-60 in 29 sec

02-02-2010, 01:06 AM #3
(02-01-2010, 10:04 PM)GREASY_BEAST That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Sorry, I don't have the money, but if I did I would buy it.

Same here. I know I want it and I know I'll get one maybe next year but definitely not today Sad
I'm also really close (East Bay)

-------------
'84 G-Wagen turbodiesel
'75 240D 4-Speed

Syncro_G
02-02-2010, 01:06 AM #3

(02-01-2010, 10:04 PM)GREASY_BEAST That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Sorry, I don't have the money, but if I did I would buy it.

Same here. I know I want it and I know I'll get one maybe next year but definitely not today Sad
I'm also really close (East Bay)

-------------
'84 G-Wagen turbodiesel
'75 240D 4-Speed

ForcedInduction
Banned

02-02-2010, 08:14 AM #4
Same here, if I had the cash I'd buy it now. Sad

I don't know why they need the oil line, mine does perfectly fine without it. The oil supply comes from the timer bearings through the pumps' cam nose.
This post was last modified: 02-02-2010, 08:20 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
02-02-2010, 08:14 AM #4

Same here, if I had the cash I'd buy it now. Sad

I don't know why they need the oil line, mine does perfectly fine without it. The oil supply comes from the timer bearings through the pumps' cam nose.

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

02-02-2010, 11:41 AM #5
Count me in the "want, but no cash syndrome"!

Good luck with the sale Mike. Maybe you can convince Zach to buy it!

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
02-02-2010, 11:41 AM #5

Count me in the "want, but no cash syndrome"!

Good luck with the sale Mike. Maybe you can convince Zach to buy it!

62bhp
Unregistered

02-27-2010, 12:25 PM #6
Mynä-Diesel Pump now 1500$ without shipping.
62bhp
02-27-2010, 12:25 PM #6

Mynä-Diesel Pump now 1500$ without shipping.

Jtn190D
MERCEDES DIESEL POWER!

02-27-2010, 12:42 PM #7
Will this pump work with 602 turbo?
Jtn190D
02-27-2010, 12:42 PM #7

Will this pump work with 602 turbo?

kamel
Naturally-aspirated SUCKS

02-28-2010, 02:10 AM #8
No. That's why I need it.

'78 300D, OM617.912: 4spd manual, TB03 at 10PSI, 26*BTDC, DV's turned, HVAC, emissions system removed, e-fan, short ram, 3" downpipe to straight exhaust, W126 Bendix brakes, MR2 Spyder seats. 2890lbs
kamel
02-28-2010, 02:10 AM #8

No. That's why I need it.

'78 300D, OM617.912: 4spd manual, TB03 at 10PSI, 26*BTDC, DV's turned, HVAC, emissions system removed, e-fan, short ram, 3" downpipe to straight exhaust, W126 Bendix brakes, MR2 Spyder seats. 2890lbs

Rudolf_Diesel
Ask me if I care...

02-28-2010, 10:45 AM #9
If I was not already in the process of getting my pump done I would buy it, I am trying to justify having two pumps...Dodgy

I would also have to change their version of an ALDA, it simply wouldn't work where it is located.
This post was last modified: 02-28-2010, 10:46 AM by Rudolf_Diesel.

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.
Rudolf_Diesel
02-28-2010, 10:45 AM #9

If I was not already in the process of getting my pump done I would buy it, I am trying to justify having two pumps...Dodgy

I would also have to change their version of an ALDA, it simply wouldn't work where it is located.

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

02-28-2010, 05:45 PM #10
(02-27-2010, 12:42 PM)Jtn190D Will this pump work with 602 turbo?

This fellow Mario was able to start a 602 on a 617 pump. Not sure how it performed though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3CFRhp0HI0

Doesn't sound all that good that point, but maybe a little more tweaking might get it right.

DeliveryValve
02-28-2010, 05:45 PM #10

(02-27-2010, 12:42 PM)Jtn190D Will this pump work with 602 turbo?

This fellow Mario was able to start a 602 on a 617 pump. Not sure how it performed though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3CFRhp0HI0

Doesn't sound all that good that point, but maybe a little more tweaking might get it right.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average