STD Other Projects Captain's '82 300D Purists Must Die Prius Repellent

Captain's '82 300D Purists Must Die Prius Repellent

Captain's '82 300D Purists Must Die Prius Repellent

• 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average

Pages (10): 1 2 3 4 5 10 Next  
Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-09-2010, 12:18 AM #1
Well I've been here for a bit now and don't have a whole lot to show for it but I'll throw up some pics of "The Tank" anyway... 269K miles

She was very straight when I bought her with a fresh crap paint job haha. Probly a 15 footer.

She drove good and had more power than I expected... Only if I had known then what I know now lol.

Knew NOTHING about diesels other than the stuff I learned from the Ford FACT program I completed at UTI in Jan. 2008 (forgot every bit)

Since then (5-1-10): Lets see...
Cut off the Muffler
Took the windshield wiper hose and was water injecting the turbo inlet Big Grin
Put in a stereo
Oil line to turbo broke and emptied the oil on the ground within a couple seconds.
Rigged the oil feed to the turbo until I can properly fix it
That f'ed up the turbo so that got rebuilt with a 60 trim comp wheel
Valve adjustment
Installed new GP's. 2 Old ones were broken off!
Diesel Purge with new filters
Got Rear ended
Pulled off the body trim because half of it was now falling off anyway
Downshift button moved to shifter handle
Fixed Burnt Aux water pump tracer on CCU
Pulled out the body with a forklift
GP light mod
New lower control arm bushings (inners and guide rod)
Cut 2 coils off the front springs
7-18-10 New Motor and engine shock mounts... No more shake!

Right After it happened

Old Chewed up GP's

Fuct Turbine Wheel

Old Comp Wheel

New Comp Wheel

This post was last modified: 11-25-2015, 03:13 AM by Captain America.

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
07-09-2010, 12:18 AM #1

Well I've been here for a bit now and don't have a whole lot to show for it but I'll throw up some pics of "The Tank" anyway... 269K miles

She was very straight when I bought her with a fresh crap paint job haha. Probly a 15 footer.

She drove good and had more power than I expected... Only if I had known then what I know now lol.

Knew NOTHING about diesels other than the stuff I learned from the Ford FACT program I completed at UTI in Jan. 2008 (forgot every bit)

Since then (5-1-10): Lets see...
Cut off the Muffler
Took the windshield wiper hose and was water injecting the turbo inlet Big Grin
Put in a stereo
Oil line to turbo broke and emptied the oil on the ground within a couple seconds.
Rigged the oil feed to the turbo until I can properly fix it
That f'ed up the turbo so that got rebuilt with a 60 trim comp wheel
Valve adjustment
Installed new GP's. 2 Old ones were broken off!
Diesel Purge with new filters
Got Rear ended
Pulled off the body trim because half of it was now falling off anyway
Downshift button moved to shifter handle
Fixed Burnt Aux water pump tracer on CCU
Pulled out the body with a forklift
GP light mod
New lower control arm bushings (inners and guide rod)
Cut 2 coils off the front springs
7-18-10 New Motor and engine shock mounts... No more shake!

Right After it happened

Old Chewed up GP's

Fuct Turbine Wheel

Old Comp Wheel

New Comp Wheel

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

Rudolf_Diesel
Ask me if I care...

07-09-2010, 07:16 AM #2
That will buff right outBig Grin

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.
Rudolf_Diesel
07-09-2010, 07:16 AM #2

That will buff right outBig Grin

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.

JB3
Superturbo

07-09-2010, 10:11 AM #3
At least all the damage is to a panel you can get to the other side of easily, the whole trunk does not look bent down. Shame, cause thats a very nice straight car. You should go to a yard a cut the upper corner off of another car and get a trunk lid. What hit you? looks like what happens to a tin can when you stab it with a knife. Almost looks like a roll back truck backed into you.

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

JB3
07-09-2010, 10:11 AM #3

At least all the damage is to a panel you can get to the other side of easily, the whole trunk does not look bent down. Shame, cause thats a very nice straight car. You should go to a yard a cut the upper corner off of another car and get a trunk lid. What hit you? looks like what happens to a tin can when you stab it with a knife. Almost looks like a roll back truck backed into you.

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-09-2010, 10:53 AM #4
(07-09-2010, 07:16 AM)Rudolf_Diesel That will buff right outBig Grin

Yeah! that's what I was thinking! Tongue
(07-09-2010, 10:11 AM)dropnosky At least all the damage is to a panel you can get to the other side of easily, the whole trunk does not look bent down. Shame, cause thats a very nice straight car. You should go to a yard a cut the upper corner off of another car and get a trunk lid. What hit you? looks like what happens to a tin can when you stab it with a knife. Almost looks like a roll back truck backed into you.

Yeah good thing right? I plan on taking a dolly and hammer to it hopefully this weekend. the trunk is NOT bent down from what I can tell. I think I might try the corner transplant from another car. This car has really grown on me since I bought it and am putting the work into her. I am NO body man so it will be interesting. I hate body work actually haha. A '99 Ford ranger hit me. His bumper was at the perfect height obviously. There's really nothing there, no kind of reinforcement... It just caved in. Too bad that bastard didn't hit my bumper... those things are fucking gnarly tough! 3/8" thick just about!
This post was last modified: 07-09-2010, 11:16 AM by Captain America.

Captain America
07-09-2010, 10:53 AM #4

(07-09-2010, 07:16 AM)Rudolf_Diesel That will buff right outBig Grin

Yeah! that's what I was thinking! Tongue
(07-09-2010, 10:11 AM)dropnosky At least all the damage is to a panel you can get to the other side of easily, the whole trunk does not look bent down. Shame, cause thats a very nice straight car. You should go to a yard a cut the upper corner off of another car and get a trunk lid. What hit you? looks like what happens to a tin can when you stab it with a knife. Almost looks like a roll back truck backed into you.

Yeah good thing right? I plan on taking a dolly and hammer to it hopefully this weekend. the trunk is NOT bent down from what I can tell. I think I might try the corner transplant from another car. This car has really grown on me since I bought it and am putting the work into her. I am NO body man so it will be interesting. I hate body work actually haha. A '99 Ford ranger hit me. His bumper was at the perfect height obviously. There's really nothing there, no kind of reinforcement... It just caved in. Too bad that bastard didn't hit my bumper... those things are fucking gnarly tough! 3/8" thick just about!

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-09-2010, 06:55 PM #5
very happy to see this. how's the interior? a good body shop that knows rust preventon could fix this for several thousand. or you can just tune the thing and wait for a better body to come along.
you don't want a[edit] "average" body shop to mess with the thing cause it would just rust to beat a dead horse
This post was last modified: 07-10-2010, 07:38 PM by rdirtycar.

1983 light ivory/palomino 300d turbo
rdirtycar
07-09-2010, 06:55 PM #5

very happy to see this. how's the interior? a good body shop that knows rust preventon could fix this for several thousand. or you can just tune the thing and wait for a better body to come along.

you don't want a[edit] "average" body shop to mess with the thing cause it would just rust to beat a dead horse

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-09-2010, 08:31 PM #6
Nehmen wir meine schmutzigen Mercedes Innenstadt zu reinigen Frauen, die sich unter der Haube wie schmutzig finden!!!

My friend matt says it like..

nehmen wir meinem mercedes in der Innenstadt, um eine saubere Frau, die geiler in ihrer abzugshaube ist, zu finden!!

rdirtycar
07-09-2010, 08:31 PM #6

Nehmen wir meine schmutzigen Mercedes Innenstadt zu reinigen Frauen, die sich unter der Haube wie schmutzig finden!!!

nehmen wir meinem mercedes in der Innenstadt, um eine saubere Frau, die geiler in ihrer abzugshaube ist, zu finden!!

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-10-2010, 03:19 PM #7
Thats a good pull out on that corner. Definitely something it can recover from.
ForcedInduction
07-10-2010, 03:19 PM #7

Thats a good pull out on that corner. Definitely something it can recover from.

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-10-2010, 07:33 PM #8
Mercedessource.com claims to have paint/ body filler/ fiberglass mesh system that apparently doesn't let rust get underneith.

rdirtycar
07-10-2010, 07:33 PM #8

Mercedessource.com claims to have paint/ body filler/ fiberglass mesh system that apparently doesn't let rust get underneith.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-11-2010, 06:34 AM #9
Huh, might look into that mesh stuff. What was that stuff your buddy was sayin????!!?? I only speak English haha.

Thanks Forced, it turned out pretty good I thought.

The interior is o..k.. I guess? It's definitely got 270k on it haha, its very comfy, I like it. I ripped off the plastic crap around the window frames... It was all bunched up and ugly. Cut off the felt type stuff off the window "frames" of the body too so now its just the black rubber underneath. My drivers seat has begun to rip down the middle since I have bought her. The wood center counsel pieces are cracked all over, and the headliner sags a little in the back.

But fuck it! I'm all about performance since the corner got smashed in... All Go and No Show!!! lol I just can't decide if I want to put the Exhaust through the hood or not...

Time for sleep now Sleepy (it's 4:33am) and new motor mounts in a few hours to stop the engine shake. Wink

Captain America
07-11-2010, 06:34 AM #9

Huh, might look into that mesh stuff. What was that stuff your buddy was sayin????!!?? I only speak English haha.

Thanks Forced, it turned out pretty good I thought.

The interior is o..k.. I guess? It's definitely got 270k on it haha, its very comfy, I like it. I ripped off the plastic crap around the window frames... It was all bunched up and ugly. Cut off the felt type stuff off the window "frames" of the body too so now its just the black rubber underneath. My drivers seat has begun to rip down the middle since I have bought her. The wood center counsel pieces are cracked all over, and the headliner sags a little in the back.

But fuck it! I'm all about performance since the corner got smashed in... All Go and No Show!!! lol I just can't decide if I want to put the Exhaust through the hood or not...

Time for sleep now Sleepy (it's 4:33am) and new motor mounts in a few hours to stop the engine shake. Wink

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-11-2010, 06:39 AM #10
The hood has been done to death on pickups. You should move the battery and run the exhaust through the side fender.
This post was last modified: 07-11-2010, 06:39 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
07-11-2010, 06:39 AM #10

The hood has been done to death on pickups. You should move the battery and run the exhaust through the side fender.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-11-2010, 07:20 AM #11
Yeah I was kinda pondering that as well. So straight out the side, or out then up a couple inches? I would kinda like to see the smoke as it makes its exit...

Captain America
07-11-2010, 07:20 AM #11

Yeah I was kinda pondering that as well. So straight out the side, or out then up a couple inches? I would kinda like to see the smoke as it makes its exit...

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-11-2010, 09:05 AM #12
It something like "let's go downtown in my dirty Mercedes to find clean women who want to get dirty under the hood!!". I like the idea of having a beater tuner and if you ever want, for about 4k$ you can get a nice chassis and move all the parts over.

rdirtycar
07-11-2010, 09:05 AM #12

It something like "let's go downtown in my dirty Mercedes to find clean women who want to get dirty under the hood!!". I like the idea of having a beater tuner and if you ever want, for about 4k$ you can get a nice chassis and move all the parts over.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-11-2010, 03:39 PM #13
Exactly! hahahah You got it exactly right!!! Yeah she wasn't supposed to be a beater but now she kinda is... I should be hearing from insurance next week to see how much they are going to give me so i will have some money to spend on her but I just want to see the coal roll outta that exhaust and I love the sound too.

I found a couple vids and really like em haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtcsIR-efQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W60UA5Ws1...re=related

Captain America
07-11-2010, 03:39 PM #13

Exactly! hahahah You got it exactly right!!! Yeah she wasn't supposed to be a beater but now she kinda is... I should be hearing from insurance next week to see how much they are going to give me so i will have some money to spend on her but I just want to see the coal roll outta that exhaust and I love the sound too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DtcsIR-efQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W60UA5Ws1...re=related

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

07-11-2010, 05:02 PM #14
(07-09-2010, 10:53 AM)Captain America ....
Yeah good thing right? I plan on taking a dolly and hammer to it hopefully this weekend. the trunk is NOT bent down from what I can tell. I think I might try the corner transplant from another car. This car has really grown on me since I bought it and am putting the work into her. I am NO body man so it will be interesting. ...

Don't bother going the dolly and hammer route. That's a nice straight car, a donor piece would be much better. Even though your not a body man, that corner clip would be doable to mig on.

Go your to your local pick and pull with a fully charged Sawzall and the results would be much better.

(07-11-2010, 07:20 AM)Captain America ...So straight out the side, or out then up a couple inches? I would kinda like to see the smoke as it makes its exit...

Just go straight out from the bottom of the rockers. No cutting. Then put a big arse side mirror pointing downward so you can see the smoke. Big Grin

(07-11-2010, 03:39 PM)Captain America ....

OK I could not resist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SNk9_3YMcI&NR=1

This post was last modified: 07-11-2010, 05:43 PM by DeliveryValve.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
07-11-2010, 05:02 PM #14

(07-09-2010, 10:53 AM)Captain America ....
Yeah good thing right? I plan on taking a dolly and hammer to it hopefully this weekend. the trunk is NOT bent down from what I can tell. I think I might try the corner transplant from another car. This car has really grown on me since I bought it and am putting the work into her. I am NO body man so it will be interesting. ...

Don't bother going the dolly and hammer route. That's a nice straight car, a donor piece would be much better. Even though your not a body man, that corner clip would be doable to mig on.

Go your to your local pick and pull with a fully charged Sawzall and the results would be much better.

(07-11-2010, 07:20 AM)Captain America ...So straight out the side, or out then up a couple inches? I would kinda like to see the smoke as it makes its exit...

Just go straight out from the bottom of the rockers. No cutting. Then put a big arse side mirror pointing downward so you can see the smoke. Big Grin

(07-11-2010, 03:39 PM)Captain America ....

OK I could not resist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SNk9_3YMcI&NR=1

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-11-2010, 05:49 PM #15
haha yeah that v dub video is comedy

Captain America
07-11-2010, 05:49 PM #15

haha yeah that v dub video is comedy

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-12-2010, 04:19 PM #16
maybe cut the panels off another body, but prime all the surfaces underneath and epoxy the new panel back on so there's no heat melting all the coatings off the back of the panel and you dont get rust. They salt the roads around here and I've seen so many nice cars rusted and then the owners stop caring for them and they go to sh..

rdirtycar
07-12-2010, 04:19 PM #16

maybe cut the panels off another body, but prime all the surfaces underneath and epoxy the new panel back on so there's no heat melting all the coatings off the back of the panel and you dont get rust. They salt the roads around here and I've seen so many nice cars rusted and then the owners stop caring for them and they go to sh..

willbhere4u
Six in a row make her go!

07-12-2010, 09:12 PM #17
I agree it really easy to sawzall out a section and cut and weld it back compared to standard body work!

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running
willbhere4u
07-12-2010, 09:12 PM #17

I agree it really easy to sawzall out a section and cut and weld it back compared to standard body work!

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-12-2010, 11:18 PM #18
The car will never see snow as I'm in southern California, plus with it being the trunk I can get to all sides of it to properly prime to prevent rust.

Captain America
07-12-2010, 11:18 PM #18

The car will never see snow as I'm in southern California, plus with it being the trunk I can get to all sides of it to properly prime to prevent rust.

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-13-2010, 06:30 AM #19
I hear you. I took the windshield wipers and arms and washer tank out of my car when I lived in Southern California. It only rained once a year.
for two weeks
This post was last modified: 07-13-2010, 06:30 AM by rdirtycar.

rdirtycar
07-13-2010, 06:30 AM #19

I hear you. I took the windshield wipers and arms and washer tank out of my car when I lived in Southern California. It only rained once a year.

for two weeks

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-13-2010, 02:08 PM #20
I use the windshield washer and point the squirters either over my car or out the sides so I can blast people when they piss me off haha

Captain America
07-13-2010, 02:08 PM #20

I use the windshield washer and point the squirters either over my car or out the sides so I can blast people when they piss me off haha

willbhere4u

07-13-2010, 09:45 PM #21
darn tail gaiters
This post was last modified: 07-13-2010, 09:45 PM by willbhere4u.

willbhere4u
07-13-2010, 09:45 PM #21

darn tail gaiters

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-15-2010, 03:50 PM #22
i just spit phlegm out the sunroof

rdirtycar
07-15-2010, 03:50 PM #22

i just spit phlegm out the sunroof

willbhere4u

07-15-2010, 05:09 PM #23
I always want to make a high pressure mayonnaise squirter for people riding my ass in traffic if they use there wiper it smears all over there windshield

willbhere4u
07-15-2010, 05:09 PM #23

I always want to make a high pressure mayonnaise squirter for people riding my ass in traffic if they use there wiper it smears all over there windshield

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-15-2010, 06:01 PM #24
I just put the peddle to the metal and smoke em out...

(07-09-2010, 08:31 PM)rdirtycar Nehmen wir meine schmutzigen Mercedes Innenstadt zu reinigen Frauen, die sich unter der Haube wie schmutzig finden!!!

what does all that mean in English?
(07-15-2010, 05:09 PM)willbhere4u I always want to make a high pressure mayonnaise squirter for people riding my ass in traffic if they use there wiper it smears all over there windshield

The mayo is a great idea!
This post was last modified: 07-15-2010, 06:02 PM by Captain America.

Captain America
07-15-2010, 06:01 PM #24

I just put the peddle to the metal and smoke em out...

(07-09-2010, 08:31 PM)rdirtycar Nehmen wir meine schmutzigen Mercedes Innenstadt zu reinigen Frauen, die sich unter der Haube wie schmutzig finden!!!

what does all that mean in English?
(07-15-2010, 05:09 PM)willbhere4u I always want to make a high pressure mayonnaise squirter for people riding my ass in traffic if they use there wiper it smears all over there windshield

The mayo is a great idea!

willbhere4u

07-15-2010, 10:07 PM #25
I did it to a friends car in the parking lot we put it across the wiper on his car so he wouldn't notice

He walk's up get in his car and was waiting for me and our other friend to get in our cars so we where standing there chatting and my friend spit's on his windshield he got all pissed and flips on his wipers and the mayo just smeared across the windshield He even more pissed peels out of the parking lot 2 blocks later a cop pull's him over for impaired vision he tell the cop he going to the gas station to clean it and they let him go but it was so Fing funny!

The best part it that he always carried windshield/rags cleaner in his trunk yes he was that anal!

willbhere4u
07-15-2010, 10:07 PM #25

I did it to a friends car in the parking lot we put it across the wiper on his car so he wouldn't notice

He walk's up get in his car and was waiting for me and our other friend to get in our cars so we where standing there chatting and my friend spit's on his windshield he got all pissed and flips on his wipers and the mayo just smeared across the windshield He even more pissed peels out of the parking lot 2 blocks later a cop pull's him over for impaired vision he tell the cop he going to the gas station to clean it and they let him go but it was so Fing funny!

The best part it that he always carried windshield/rags cleaner in his trunk yes he was that anal!

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-16-2010, 06:34 AM #26
post 12

(07-11-2010, 09:05 AM)rdirtycar It something like "let's go downtown in my dirty Mercedes to find clean women who want to get dirty under the hood!!". I like the idea of having a beater tuner and if you ever want, for about 4k$ you can get a nice chassis and move all the parts over.

rdirtycar
07-16-2010, 06:34 AM #26

post 12

(07-11-2010, 09:05 AM)rdirtycar It something like "let's go downtown in my dirty Mercedes to find clean women who want to get dirty under the hood!!". I like the idea of having a beater tuner and if you ever want, for about 4k$ you can get a nice chassis and move all the parts over.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-16-2010, 10:23 AM #27
That's a good one!

Weight reduction this morning...

And my boss is like: "Why do you always come into work all dirty" haha
This post was last modified: 07-16-2010, 10:30 AM by Captain America.

Captain America
07-16-2010, 10:23 AM #27

That's a good one!

Weight reduction this morning...

And my boss is like: "Why do you always come into work all dirty" haha

willbhere4u

07-16-2010, 09:31 PM #28
been there done that lol

willbhere4u
07-16-2010, 09:31 PM #28

been there done that lol

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-17-2010, 11:10 AM #29
I'm still satisfied with my $18 Ace Hardware straight pipe exhaust.
ForcedInduction
07-17-2010, 11:10 AM #29

I'm still satisfied with my $18 Ace Hardware straight pipe exhaust.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-17-2010, 06:00 PM #30
Yeah that was just a test to see what it would sound like with nothing under there... Man the whistle was friggin awesome but it resonated under the car so bad that it only lasted around the block. A stack is definitely going through the hood... you guys may see it by you but you don't see hood stack ANYWHERE is Cali

Captain America
07-17-2010, 06:00 PM #30

Yeah that was just a test to see what it would sound like with nothing under there... Man the whistle was friggin awesome but it resonated under the car so bad that it only lasted around the block. A stack is definitely going through the hood... you guys may see it by you but you don't see hood stack ANYWHERE is Cali

garage
Bush Taxi

07-18-2010, 01:12 AM #31
Did you say rally!!

1987 300D: EGR Delete, ARV Delete, Cold Air Intake...
garage
07-18-2010, 01:12 AM #31

Did you say rally!!

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-18-2010, 06:17 AM #32
(07-17-2010, 06:00 PM)Captain America but you don't see hood stack ANYWHERE is Cali

For a good reason. Your car won't be on the street for long once the cops get hold of it for "illegal modifications". At the least you'd be a "fix-it" ticket revenue source for them.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27159.htm
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd12c5a2.htm
This post was last modified: 07-18-2010, 06:18 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
07-18-2010, 06:17 AM #32

(07-17-2010, 06:00 PM)Captain America but you don't see hood stack ANYWHERE is Cali

For a good reason. Your car won't be on the street for long once the cops get hold of it for "illegal modifications". At the least you'd be a "fix-it" ticket revenue source for them.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc27159.htm
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/vc/tocd12c5a2.htm

JB3
Superturbo

07-18-2010, 08:06 AM #33
(07-11-2010, 06:39 AM)ForcedInduction The hood has been done to death on pickups. You should move the battery and run the exhaust through the side fender.

I still think you should do this over the stack. You may be able to even find a way to cram a short glass pack into the space where the battery is and space between the fenders and actually not get pulled over for this. I think it would look really interesting, kind of like this-

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

JB3
07-18-2010, 08:06 AM #33

(07-11-2010, 06:39 AM)ForcedInduction The hood has been done to death on pickups. You should move the battery and run the exhaust through the side fender.

I still think you should do this over the stack. You may be able to even find a way to cram a short glass pack into the space where the battery is and space between the fenders and actually not get pulled over for this. I think it would look really interesting, kind of like this-

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

Rudolf_Diesel
Ask me if I care...

07-18-2010, 09:01 AM #34
Like this would be cool, even the paint and wheel combo would look cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t05rmTKx_-M

Rudolf_Diesel
07-18-2010, 09:01 AM #34

Like this would be cool, even the paint and wheel combo would look cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t05rmTKx_-M

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-18-2010, 11:53 PM #35
Red and Black are my favorit colors! Ok guys I'll figure something slick to come out of the passenger front fender. Ive gotta get that battery into the trunk first...

Captain America
07-18-2010, 11:53 PM #35

Red and Black are my favorit colors! Ok guys I'll figure something slick to come out of the passenger front fender. Ive gotta get that battery into the trunk first...

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-28-2010, 01:39 PM #36
Went to Pick-a-Part Sunday and got some goodies:

But I decided to ride some instead of working on the car:

Cleaned Up the Manifold:

Pulled some crap out of one of the pumps and WOW do they flow! empties a 5 gallon bucket in less than 15 seconds.

Got my parts from Bob:

Captain America
07-28-2010, 01:39 PM #36

Went to Pick-a-Part Sunday and got some goodies:

But I decided to ride some instead of working on the car:

Cleaned Up the Manifold:

Pulled some crap out of one of the pumps and WOW do they flow! empties a 5 gallon bucket in less than 15 seconds.

Got my parts from Bob:

Biohazard
Smokin like a champ!

07-28-2010, 11:57 PM #37
Nice score!! I'm guessing the aux pumps are for intercooler goodness?

82 300SD aka The Flyin Pumpkin (Gone): 7.5mm super M-pump, T3 60 trim turbo, Coldish air intake, A/W intercooler, propane injection, SW Boost and EGT gauges, Monark 265 nozzles, ported/polished cylinder head.

84 Euro 300D 4 sp: White with black trunk and hood. Blue cloth interior. Manual everything. 300DT front swaybar. C320 17" wheels. Now with the Flyin Pumpkins engine! 
Biohazard
07-28-2010, 11:57 PM #37

Nice score!! I'm guessing the aux pumps are for intercooler goodness?

82 300SD aka The Flyin Pumpkin (Gone): 7.5mm super M-pump, T3 60 trim turbo, Coldish air intake, A/W intercooler, propane injection, SW Boost and EGT gauges, Monark 265 nozzles, ported/polished cylinder head.

84 Euro 300D 4 sp: White with black trunk and hood. Blue cloth interior. Manual everything. 300DT front swaybar. C320 17" wheels. Now with the Flyin Pumpkins engine! 

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-29-2010, 12:36 AM #38
Yeah right? Yup you got it Bio, One for the A/W Intercooler and one for my heater because the one currently in the car runs but the heat isn't always hot. But that could also be from there being no thermostat in the car and the temp usually hovers around 80C (176 degrees) which does not seem hot enough fro the heater to work that well. Maybe the heater core is an issue as well. When I rip the AC evap out, I'll investigate the heater core...
Tasty goodness I might add!!!
This post was last modified: 07-29-2010, 12:36 AM by Captain America.

Captain America
07-29-2010, 12:36 AM #38

Yeah right? Yup you got it Bio, One for the A/W Intercooler and one for my heater because the one currently in the car runs but the heat isn't always hot. But that could also be from there being no thermostat in the car and the temp usually hovers around 80C (176 degrees) which does not seem hot enough fro the heater to work that well. Maybe the heater core is an issue as well. When I rip the AC evap out, I'll investigate the heater core...

Tasty goodness I might add!!!

garage
Bush Taxi

08-04-2010, 10:49 AM #39
Lets see those tires installed Capt!!

garage
08-04-2010, 10:49 AM #39

Lets see those tires installed Capt!!

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

08-04-2010, 02:46 PM #40
Still cant decide on the F'in wheel paint/powdercoat

Do it myself?
powder coat?

IDK

I'll figure it out in the next couple days

Captain America
08-04-2010, 02:46 PM #40

Still cant decide on the F'in wheel paint/powdercoat

Do it myself?
powder coat?

IDK

JB3
Superturbo

08-04-2010, 03:32 PM #41
(08-04-2010, 02:46 PM)Captain America Still cant decide on the F'in wheel paint/powdercoat

Do it myself?
powder coat?

IDK

Ive been reading some peach parts threads leaning towards just painting it well, on the grounds than if and when you curb the rim, its much easier to fix paint than chipped powdercoating. That, and the cheaper factor would lean me towards prepping it really well and just painting it were I in your position

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

JB3
08-04-2010, 03:32 PM #41

(08-04-2010, 02:46 PM)Captain America Still cant decide on the F'in wheel paint/powdercoat

Do it myself?
powder coat?

IDK

Ive been reading some peach parts threads leaning towards just painting it well, on the grounds than if and when you curb the rim, its much easier to fix paint than chipped powdercoating. That, and the cheaper factor would lean me towards prepping it really well and just painting it were I in your position

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

08-04-2010, 06:11 PM #42
yeah I was thinkin about that too. But I dont think I could curb the wheels if I wanted to with some 225/70 14's on them. My thing is time... getting the tires taken off, cleaning the wheels, dropping off at the powder coater, waiting, getting them back, and putting the new rubber on. I think I'm a little too impatient for that when, if I paint them, it could be done in one day...

Captain America
08-04-2010, 06:11 PM #42

yeah I was thinkin about that too. But I dont think I could curb the wheels if I wanted to with some 225/70 14's on them. My thing is time... getting the tires taken off, cleaning the wheels, dropping off at the powder coater, waiting, getting them back, and putting the new rubber on. I think I'm a little too impatient for that when, if I paint them, it could be done in one day...

garage
Bush Taxi

08-04-2010, 10:03 PM #43
You might not curb em, but on some odd trail you might scratch em up on a rock or what not...
I would go with painting em myself just so that way, i could touch them up if/when they get bashed up.

Two tone em duuude!! Itll look sweet with them big ass tires!

garage
08-04-2010, 10:03 PM #43

You might not curb em, but on some odd trail you might scratch em up on a rock or what not...
I would go with painting em myself just so that way, i could touch them up if/when they get bashed up.

Two tone em duuude!! Itll look sweet with them big ass tires!

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

08-05-2010, 11:45 AM #44
Scratch em on a rock!?! People who grind their wheels on rocks and curbs should just give up their license and stop driving. Never once in my 8 years of driving on and off road have I curbed a wheel or scratched them on my rocks.

Captain America
08-05-2010, 11:45 AM #44

Scratch em on a rock!?! People who grind their wheels on rocks and curbs should just give up their license and stop driving. Never once in my 8 years of driving on and off road have I curbed a wheel or scratched them on my rocks.

garage
Bush Taxi

08-05-2010, 12:20 PM #45
Ha i sure have!

garage
08-05-2010, 12:20 PM #45

Ha i sure have!

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

08-05-2010, 02:45 PM #46
You gotta work on that finesse dude! I'll teach yeah. come with me in my sisters Cherokee and we'll get down on some slow speed rock crawling...

Captain America
08-05-2010, 02:45 PM #46

You gotta work on that finesse dude! I'll teach yeah. come with me in my sisters Cherokee and we'll get down on some slow speed rock crawling...

garage
Bush Taxi

08-05-2010, 03:17 PM #47
Ha im dowwn for that ride dude!

garage
08-05-2010, 03:17 PM #47

Ha im dowwn for that ride dude!

winmutt
bitbanger

08-11-2010, 08:34 AM #48
Is that Jeep stock?

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
08-11-2010, 08:34 AM #48

Is that Jeep stock?

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

08-11-2010, 10:47 AM #49
(08-11-2010, 08:34 AM)winmutt Is that Jeep stock?

The only non-stock things are the tires (BFG Mud Terrain 32x11.50's), Unknown suspension lift... 2.5-3" we think, Detroit Posi in the rear diff and Limited slip up front, slip yolk eliminator for rear drive shaft @ transfer. My sis bought it from a guy in our jeep club as is, minus the tires, and all the work I've put into it to restore neglected maintenance.

Other than that the drive train is completely stock. I can crawl that jeep just about anywhere, I have yet to find a hill that I cannot go up... Tongue

She is looking to get a new car because that has been a trail jeep most of its life and rattles too much for her. When I buy it off her I plan to turbo that gutless inline 6! Big Grin ORRRRRR throw an OM617 in there would be dope!
This post was last modified: 08-11-2010, 10:47 AM by Captain America.

Captain America
08-11-2010, 10:47 AM #49

(08-11-2010, 08:34 AM)winmutt Is that Jeep stock?

The only non-stock things are the tires (BFG Mud Terrain 32x11.50's), Unknown suspension lift... 2.5-3" we think, Detroit Posi in the rear diff and Limited slip up front, slip yolk eliminator for rear drive shaft @ transfer. My sis bought it from a guy in our jeep club as is, minus the tires, and all the work I've put into it to restore neglected maintenance.

Other than that the drive train is completely stock. I can crawl that jeep just about anywhere, I have yet to find a hill that I cannot go up... Tongue

She is looking to get a new car because that has been a trail jeep most of its life and rattles too much for her. When I buy it off her I plan to turbo that gutless inline 6! Big Grin ORRRRRR throw an OM617 in there would be dope!

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

08-11-2010, 02:26 PM #50
New Rubber, Dirty wheels, and a ride in the fog!

I'll Get some better pics after she gets a bath...

This post was last modified: 08-11-2010, 02:27 PM by Captain America.

Captain America
08-11-2010, 02:26 PM #50

New Rubber, Dirty wheels, and a ride in the fog!

I'll Get some better pics after she gets a bath...

Pages (10): 1 2 3 4 5 10 Next  

• 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average