STD Tuning Engine OM60X maximum pressure and maximum temperature in combustion chamber

OM60X maximum pressure and maximum temperature in combustion chamber

OM60X maximum pressure and maximum temperature in combustion chamber

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

mmetzdavid
TA 0301

04-09-2019, 07:07 AM #1
Hello STD fans!
Question is: does someone know what sort of pressures do we have in our superturbodiesels when under boost?
Normally peak pressures do not rise above 200 bar, but I am trying to do a simulation on this type of engine/application and even at 1.5 bar of boost I have over 228 bar of peak pressure inside the combustion chamber and 3100 K, when normally diesel engines cannot go over 2400 K.
By rising the boost to 2.5 bar it would have a peak pressure of 326 bar in the combustion chamber, and I am pretty sure it is way too much.
Has someone know more info on this that could help me refine my model? One thing that I did not take into account is the overlap time between the exhaust valve being still open and the intake valve being already opened. Does this happen in our engines? Could not find the cam's lift in fuction of engine degrees. Any info greatly apreciated. Thanks!
mmetzdavid
04-09-2019, 07:07 AM #1

Hello STD fans!
Question is: does someone know what sort of pressures do we have in our superturbodiesels when under boost?
Normally peak pressures do not rise above 200 bar, but I am trying to do a simulation on this type of engine/application and even at 1.5 bar of boost I have over 228 bar of peak pressure inside the combustion chamber and 3100 K, when normally diesel engines cannot go over 2400 K.
By rising the boost to 2.5 bar it would have a peak pressure of 326 bar in the combustion chamber, and I am pretty sure it is way too much.
Has someone know more info on this that could help me refine my model? One thing that I did not take into account is the overlap time between the exhaust valve being still open and the intake valve being already opened. Does this happen in our engines? Could not find the cam's lift in fuction of engine degrees. Any info greatly apreciated. Thanks!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
OM60X maximum pressure and maximum temperature in combustion chamber - by mmetzdavid - 04-09-2019, 07:07 AM
RE: OM60X maximum pressure and maximum temperature in combustion chamber - by starynovy - 04-10-2019, 09:13 AM
RE: OM60X maximum pressure and maximum temperature in combustion chamber - by Turbo - 04-11-2019, 11:42 AM