STD Maintenance General Hesitation high rpm

Hesitation high rpm

Hesitation high rpm

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ecto
Naturally-aspirated

06-05-2018, 11:08 AM #4
I had a smilar problem that i couldn't start the engine after i shut it down until it cooled down. The problem was gasoline mixed with diesel. When the engine is running hot, the gas vaporize and acts like air in the fuel system. After it's cooled down the steam changes into fluid and the car was starting like nothing happened. I had absolutly no chance to start the car after 10 minutes.

I have to say that i only had about 15% gas in my tank and the rest was diesel. So be careful what you put in your gas tank!

How's your fuel system made? If you dont have a connection between the intake and the pressure side over a small restrictor inside your fuel filter, you can't get the air out of the system. This could also cause trouble.

greets
Ecto
Ecto
06-05-2018, 11:08 AM #4

I had a smilar problem that i couldn't start the engine after i shut it down until it cooled down. The problem was gasoline mixed with diesel. When the engine is running hot, the gas vaporize and acts like air in the fuel system. After it's cooled down the steam changes into fluid and the car was starting like nothing happened. I had absolutly no chance to start the car after 10 minutes.

I have to say that i only had about 15% gas in my tank and the rest was diesel. So be careful what you put in your gas tank!

How's your fuel system made? If you dont have a connection between the intake and the pressure side over a small restrictor inside your fuel filter, you can't get the air out of the system. This could also cause trouble.

greets
Ecto

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
Hesitation high rpm - by T-woff - 04-03-2018, 12:52 AM
RE: Hesitation high rpm - by NZScott - 04-03-2018, 03:20 AM
RE: Hesitation high rpm - by Hercules - 04-22-2018, 01:55 PM
RE: Hesitation high rpm - by Ecto - 06-05-2018, 11:08 AM