STD Tuning Engine OM617 engine swap

OM617 engine swap

OM617 engine swap

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Independent
Unregistered

08-24-2009, 01:31 PM #1
New to the forum here but I have seen lots of info I will use later. My plan is to swap what I think is a N/A 617 into my 1967 Chrysler Imperial. The engine came from a 1980's Mercedes van and has an auto trans on it. Engine ran great when removed and shold fall right into place of the original 440 that was in the car before. I will be turning up the pump a little and will be doing a few other mods to try and up the power. I have a bunch of turbos and a small supercharger that I would like to install but read that it is not advised on the N/A engine. How bad is it if I keep the boost low and intercool? The only clearance problem I can see is the oil filter housing. It points down at a 45 degree angle and will probably hit the firewall. Has anyone tried to make a remote filter assembly or will I be doing it for the first time? Thanks for anyones input and thanks for the info so far. Pics to follow soon.
Independent
08-24-2009, 01:31 PM #1

New to the forum here but I have seen lots of info I will use later. My plan is to swap what I think is a N/A 617 into my 1967 Chrysler Imperial. The engine came from a 1980's Mercedes van and has an auto trans on it. Engine ran great when removed and shold fall right into place of the original 440 that was in the car before. I will be turning up the pump a little and will be doing a few other mods to try and up the power. I have a bunch of turbos and a small supercharger that I would like to install but read that it is not advised on the N/A engine. How bad is it if I keep the boost low and intercool? The only clearance problem I can see is the oil filter housing. It points down at a 45 degree angle and will probably hit the firewall. Has anyone tried to make a remote filter assembly or will I be doing it for the first time? Thanks for anyones input and thanks for the info so far. Pics to follow soon.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
OM617 engine swap - by Independent - 08-24-2009, 01:31 PM
RE: OM617 engine swap - by MB TECH - 08-24-2009, 02:40 PM
RE: OM617 engine swap - by winmutt - 08-24-2009, 02:53 PM
RE: OM617 engine swap - by Independent - 08-24-2009, 03:13 PM