STD Other FS / WTB / Buying guides FS: Mod'd OM616 Intake Manifold for enhanced performance

FS: Mod'd OM616 Intake Manifold for enhanced performance

FS: Mod'd OM616 Intake Manifold for enhanced performance

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Greazzer
Superturbo

12-30-2018, 01:54 PM #1
Although very counter-intuitive, you can do mods which slightly enhances the OM616 performance. This is one of them. It allows the engine to breath easier by creating the largest possible air intake using a MB intake manifold. All restrictions were removed. I ran this in my 4 banger and there is a marginal improvement. The OM616 is not going to be a race car engine and there is no magic formula or special part out there which will turn that engine into a race car, but a number of small mods and R&R will and can make that engine peppy and out-perform many OM617 turbos on the road now. Other mods include manual tranny, differential gearing, higher flow nozzles, manual steering, et cet.

$80.00 plus shipping and PP fees. I got more in the machining.
Attached Files
Image(s)

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...
Greazzer
12-30-2018, 01:54 PM #1

Although very counter-intuitive, you can do mods which slightly enhances the OM616 performance. This is one of them. It allows the engine to breath easier by creating the largest possible air intake using a MB intake manifold. All restrictions were removed. I ran this in my 4 banger and there is a marginal improvement. The OM616 is not going to be a race car engine and there is no magic formula or special part out there which will turn that engine into a race car, but a number of small mods and R&R will and can make that engine peppy and out-perform many OM617 turbos on the road now. Other mods include manual tranny, differential gearing, higher flow nozzles, manual steering, et cet.

$80.00 plus shipping and PP fees. I got more in the machining.

Attached Files
Image(s)

Ninth Year Anniversary with STD on 1-9-2020

visit:  www.dieselfuelinjector.guru

Project 2018: Really get the car finished -- Turbo OM617 greater than 175 MPH goal.

RED W123 - left Germany as 240D in 1982.  Full AMG body kit less rear apron, 2:65LSD, five speed Getrag 717.400, manual steering, read leather interior, manual brake conversion, electric water pump (EWP), and a bunch of other goodies ...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average