STD
Part out or complete 2 X OM617 - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: FS / WTB / Buying guides (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Part out or complete 2 X OM617 (/showthread.php?tid=809)

Part out or complete 2 X OM617 - turbo97se - 11-04-2009

Hi all posting on behalf of a friend of mine. Got 2 X OM617 engines. Both engines are bad. One has a hole in the side, the other has some knock. Willing to part out the entire engines. The heads are both good, injector pumps, 1 X starter motor. 1 bad transmission.

Ideal for projects. I have some pics if people are interested.

Items are located in Fort Collins Colorado. All reasonable offers considered.

RE: Part out or complete 2 X OM617 - ForcedInduction - 11-05-2009

Send a PM to willbhere4u, he lives near Ft Collins.

RE: Part out or complete 2 X OM617 - Tymbrymi - 11-05-2009

(11-04-2009, 11:55 PM)turbo97se Both engines are bad. One has a hole in the side, the other has some knock. Willing to part out the entire engines. The heads are both good, injector pumps, 1 X starter motor. 1 bad transmission.

I'd like some of the bad pistons/rods etc. Never seen one in the flesh before...

RE: Part out or complete 2 X OM617 - Lapoint - 11-05-2009

Interested in an FIP. PM sent.

RE: Part out or complete 2 X OM617 - willbhere4u - 11-05-2009

Id be interested if i didn't already have two bad engines myself one with a knock and one with a hole in the side sitting in my shop taking up space! and a third dissembled in to boxes

RE: Part out or complete 2 X OM617 - turbo97se - 11-07-2009

Really? Are you the one who can't pay for jobs you ask people to do? Hmmm ... I don't think I want to get in the middle of this. Like I said, I am selling this for a friend. If this is your stuff you better lay claim to it or sort it out with the person concerned. I don't want to get a bad rep here (or any where for that matter!)

Does this look like your engines? If they are, then this is not your shop:

[Image: i4nwk2.jpg]
[Image: kyj40.jpg]

(11-05-2009, 02:46 PM)willbhere4u Id be interested if i didn't already have two bad engines myself one with a knock and one with a hole in the side sitting in my shop taking up space! and a third dissembled in to boxes

RE: Part out or complete 2 X OM617 - willbhere4u - 11-07-2009

No my engine's are out of my own cars!!! that I bought parted out and crushed or fixed! I have no idea what your talking about? I only work on my own stuff!!!

the one I have with the knock happed when I bought an oil cooler at pull n save to fix my leaky one and it must have had debris in it??? than it died

The one I have with a hole in it came out of my dads car he bought it that way for $300! and we put a good motor in it!

and the third one some one gave me after they replaced it! the turbo came apart and killed that one!

if you want 3 more different engines I'll make you a deal!

RE: Part out or complete 2 X OM617 - SurfRodder - 11-09-2009

hehehe, I dunno what I find more amusing, the crazy insinuation that you did something will, or your machine gun response! good stuff!

RE: Part out or complete 2 X OM617 - George3soccer - 11-19-2009

Hey any of you have a good working non motor killing 617 filter housing.

RE: Part out or complete 2 X OM617 - DeliveryValve - 11-23-2009

(11-19-2009, 01:42 PM)George3soccer Hey any of you have a good working non motor killing 617 filter housing.

I got some '85 Cali front corner units as well a '84 Cali standard unit.

Make me an offer.