STD
Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: FS / WTB / Buying guides (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? (/showthread.php?tid=7475)

Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Tobulus - 10-19-2016

Hi,

As shown in my project thread, I had to get a stronger lift pump spring because my engine didnt get enough fuel on WVO. I couldnt find anyone who had such a spring, so I had one made. And because the company wouldnt make only one, I had to buy 20for quite some money.

So I am trying to sell the other springs. These fit without issues and are about twice as strong as the stock spring. So fuel pressure will grow a lot, with the stock pressure relief valve you will get about 1.2bar. The lift pump will be able to flow almost twice as much fuel at high rpm.

I would offer these for 7€ a piece plus worldwide shipping. Shipping cost for a thick envelope via DHL.

Greetings

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - CRD4x4 - 10-19-2016

I'll take one.
Pm me the details please.

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - mcwfxx - 10-21-2016

YES PLEASE! I'd like one, then i'll get a rebuild kit too. My STD project is on pause (not for much longer) but my daily driver is a w210 turbodiesel and i've tried a couple of used lift pumps, like you say on wvo it really struggles and the design of the lift pump relies on the spring strength to pump, and well you know the rest!!! Hgh revs = no fuel.

I'll drop you a pm,

Wahoo!, i was contemplating bodging electrical pumps etc....

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - ak47is1337 - 10-23-2016

I would be interested. will you ship to the US? how do you install this? would this piss dieselmeken off for having it?

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - CRD4x4 - 10-24-2016

(10-19-2016, 10:17 AM)CRD4x4 I'll take one.
Pm me the details please.

I got a PM reply from the OP saying DON'T SEND PAYMENT. Luckily I move slowly.

His spring broke.

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Tobulus - 10-26-2016

Yes, for Details, read my project thread please. I will update this when I get the new springs.

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Tobulus - 11-06-2016

Ok, I got the new springs. Totally different design and material than the old ones. Result is about the same, just without the breaking Big Grin Price is the same, I got them cheaper because the old ones failed.

[Image: 3A842521-989F-4088-9DDF-57BAF9886E53_zpsfxmjo9iy.jpg]

The new spring is on the right, stock spring on the left.

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Tobulus - 11-26-2016

Only 2 left

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Insane190d - 12-19-2016

(11-26-2016, 02:22 AM)Tobulus Only 2 left

HI do you still have the stronger springs?

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - EmJay - 12-19-2016

Would this benefit a stock engine in any way? Or no?

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Tobulus - 12-23-2016

Stock engine with diesel fuel? I doubt it, in that case MB would have installed that spring from the factory. You will benefit from higher lift pump output when using alternative fuels or tune the engine.

I have no springs left. Board members placed orders on 8 other springs till today, I told them I will have another 30 springs made if I get 10 or more orders. I do not make profit on these springs, so please be patient with me because I dont want to have these springs lying around and nobody wants them.

The price on the new springs will be a bit higher because I got the last ones cheaper because of disaster... Not by much, expect 1.50€ more per spring.

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - CRD4x4 - 12-24-2016

Can you post a pic of the failed spring next to the newly designed one? Also, what materials were used in each spring?
I was all in until the "disaster" and now I'm hesitant to order until they've been proven over time.
I'm not hating - just waiting.

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Tobulus - 12-25-2016

Sorry, since I dont have any new spring left I cannot take photos. I only have the pictures I took earlier:

Disaster spring on the left, Stock one on the right:
[Image: IMAG1724_zpsqqpsvqzh.jpg]

Stock one on the left, new one on the right:
[Image: 3A842521-989F-4088-9DDF-57BAF9886E53_zpsfxmjo9iy.jpg]

Disaster spring was made from some stainless spring steel, the new ones are not stainless. I do not know the exact material since the company that makes these does not play with open cards. They talked about sth like valve spring steel.

I have driven these springs for about 5000km now. So far no problem. I understand your concern and please do not think I want to change your mind. I do not earn money with this, just want to share experimenting experience with this community.

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Tobulus - 01-12-2017

I had a bunch of new springs made, received them today. If anyone is interested, theyre 8€ each now. Shipping would be 4€ worldwide.

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - SurfRodder - 01-20-2017

Ill take 2.  Do you accept paypal for payment?

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Hario' - 01-23-2017

(01-12-2017, 04:09 PM)Tobulus I had a bunch of new springs made, received them today. If anyone is interested, theyre 8€ each now. Shipping would be 4€ worldwide.

Hello I'll take one also please dude!

Paypal?

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Hario' - 02-16-2017

(01-23-2017, 03:28 PM)Hario
(01-12-2017, 04:09 PM)Tobulus I had a bunch of new springs made, received them today. If anyone is interested, theyre 8€ each now. Shipping would be 4€ worldwide.

Hello I'll take one also please dude!

Paypal?

Received with thanks man!
[Image: lift%20pump.jpg]

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Tobulus - 02-20-2017

Good to hear

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Fishman - 02-20-2017

Can i have one?

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - hooblah - 03-01-2017

Got any left?

RE: Anyone interested in a stronger lift pump spring? - Tobulus - 03-04-2017

Yes, a few