STD
Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse (/showthread.php?tid=7443)

Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - dude99 - 10-01-2016

For some incondensable reason they seem to have allowed ForcedInduction back.... Now Benzworld has never been my favourite forum, but there have also ways been a few people there with enough knowledge to help to make it worth popping in every so often.... But seriously, talk about how to shoot yourself in the foot......

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - Purplecomputer - 10-02-2016

Dont really know much about the guy. Is he really that bad?

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - dude99 - 10-02-2016

The guy is poison to any sort of constructive environment. He belittles everyone and refuses to ever concede a point.... There's a reason he got banned from all 3 of the major forums as well as several other unrelated ones I've run across him on....

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - NZScott - 10-02-2016

Lance is an interesting chap. He would be a worthwhile person to have around if he wasn't such a dick asserting his opinions on everyone. I find his engine and turbo experiments interesting anyway

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - dude99 - 10-03-2016

I agree, his encyclopedic knowledge and engine mods are fantastic. It's just they come wrapped in such a toxic package.

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - Greazzer - 10-03-2016

Being the great librarian may be useful, however, a majority of his self-righteous opinions are simply wrong, and Lance a/k/a "Forced Induction" is too much of an ass to admit when he's wrong.

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - MFSuper90 - 10-09-2016

He is a menace over on CompD too. But he doesn't say much very often because they all normally just laugh at him

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - dude99 - 10-18-2016

I've seen him on a couple old powermac forums. They called him out and banned him there as well. I just ant fathom why they let him back in.

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - Dark Hawk - 11-03-2016

when I read op first post I thought it was a guy named benzworld on benzworld (I was skimming and didnt read the whole thing). I began reading threw everyone elses posts and everyone was talking about how what a really smart dick this guy was and I was thinking "hmmm, this guy kind of reminds me of forcedinduction." until I got to grezzers post and it turned out it was him! Man that guy is infamous...

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - martureo - 11-16-2016

Is he back as ForcedInduction or one of his other handles? I haven't seen him yet... or maybe I just haven't seen his specific flavor on any post yet.

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - JoeB - 11-25-2016

His reputation preceeds him everywhere.
He's not particularly smart at all, he's a smartarse. or Troll in interwebspeak.
Personally I have no time for them whatsoever.

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - g wizz - 10-21-2018

i was just about to ask about this guy. read many of his arguments and ya hes a kook. was going to ask how his youtube got shut down tho cause i wanted to see shitty videos. but ya probably the same reason as here.

RE: Well Benzworld just took a turn for the worse - Greazzer - 10-26-2018

My very first mod (ever) to the W123 was putting the battery in the trunk. ForcedInduction was very 'forceful' in his opinion that a Group 49 battery would never fit in one of the pockets (L or R) in the trunk. I almost listened until he went a little bonkers over how it was impossible ... so, I simply took a Group 49 battery and it fit just fine. Then, Forced -- a/k/a Lance went on a little higher level of debate and contended it was not a Group 49 battery. So, had to double check and even went so far as to contact some battery folks regarding dimensions of a Group 49 battery and I even measured them at a few of the local chains. Turns out a Group 49 battery fits just fine and you have enough room to make a very robust battery box. After that, Lance was always suspect to me. After that, I started double checking a lot of what he posted and said. Turns out about 50% of what he says, maybe a little more, is just wrong. As for his knowledge, sure he knows as much and can recall as much as the average tinkerer whose been around a few years ...