STD
Om604 std Turbochoice - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Om604 std Turbochoice (/showthread.php?tid=7395)

Om604 std Turbochoice - BoostedBenz - 09-06-2016

Hi! New to this forum!  i have 1989  W201 190E  which i have owned in 13years now.   

Ive just bought a Om604 from C220D   and a Om601 pump With 8mm dieselmeken elments is ordered Smile

I already have a New unused oem Garret GT2860RS ball bearing turbo With T25 flens.  this turbo is capabale tto 360Hp on
a gasoline car.  
My Power goal is  300hp , is this turbo too small ??  to much backpressure ?

any thoughts? Cool

I

RE: Om604 std Turbochoice - barrote - 09-06-2016

Maybe u want to consider a VNT tech, for a 4 cylinder like that u have many choices available, and a lot better than any WG.
But in the end all will be determined by what u want to do with that engine.... dragster or streetracer...

welcome

RE: Om604 std Turbochoice - barrote - 09-06-2016

Maybe u want to consider a VNT tech, for a 4 cylinder like that u have many choices available, and a lot better than any WG.
But in the end all will be determined by what u want to do with that engine.... dragster or streetracer...

welcome

RE: Om604 std Turbochoice - BoostedBenz - 09-07-2016

this car is meant to be a street racer, im gonna use a 5speed getrag from 2.3-16.  talked With  Ftune performance and they suggested a Holset he351w billett  .

How fast will that turbo spool ?   Angel

RE: Om604 std Turbochoice - F.R.A.S - 09-07-2016

The gt3071r a/r 0.63 single entry t3 did start to spool at 1500rpm on my om604 (0.1bar) and was completely seamless up to full boost @ 3000rpm. For 300hp the gt2860rs should work just fine. A little on the small side but it will be a great fun to drive.

The Holset on the other hand is a lot bigger, a bit more laggy and will perform more on top. However the billet wheel is lighter then the normal casted one and that will make you pick up boost faster. For a new om604 build I would probably use the he351w billet myself.

We have one on the (soon to be) Bonneville world record 2-liter om604 Smile

Cheers / F

RE: Om604 std Turbochoice - barrote - 09-07-2016

(09-07-2016, 01:31 AM)BoostedBenz this car is meant to be a street racer, im gonna use a 5speed getrag from 2.3-16.  talked With  Ftune performance and they suggested a Holset he351w billett  .

How fast will that turbo spool ?   Angel

If its to be a street racer, then u wont be happy with a WG type turbine, or freefloat type . there are some schwitzer´s KKK wich rock , but those have a very narrow working band(RPM)
If u choose a VNT type like GTB22V its found on the OM642, later versions are ball bearing and super light core´s , they can be a/r .63 to .70, and with the geometry closed they can replicate  a .40 A/R turbine,  basically u´ll have a wider power band with it, when the engine comes to high rev´s (after 5k)this type of turbo will clog the exaust and the engine will not have the high RPM kick , but it will twist your getrag box most probably in the low ends....