STD
Feed pump - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Feed pump (/showthread.php?tid=6774)

Feed pump - monstercrawlers - 09-28-2015

What electric feed pumps are people using to feed superpump. Göran has told me 1 bar pump, are there good and crap ones out there

RE: Feed pump - raysorenson - 09-28-2015

Bosch 044 is a favorite but not specified for diesel use. A diesel spec'd equivalent gets much more expensive. THere are a a few threads on this subject

RE: Feed pump - m1tch - 09-30-2015

The lift pump on the engine and the pump itself isn't very high pressure at say 14psi rather than 40-60psi on most petrol cars, perhaps a performance overflow valve might be a good idea.

RE: Feed pump - NZScott - 10-01-2015

Semi-hijack sorry, but anyone here have experience with Chinese knockoff 044 pumps?

RE: Feed pump - TurboTim - 10-01-2015

I got one and they look quality. You get all the little nit bits that nickel and dime you also.

RE: Feed pump - m1tch - 10-02-2015

I guess if one of these pumps fail on a diesel on boost it goes lean you just loose power, whereas if one failed on a petrol engine on boost it could then run lean and detonate.

RE: Feed pump - barrote - 10-03-2015

after detonation comes the explosion Wink

RE: Feed pump - TurboTim - 10-03-2015

Just put mine in my car now! So far so good. So much quieter then my old pump! I pulled the return off just to see how much was coming it and it was like a garden hose. How are people mounting there fuel pressure regulators? Are they mounting on the return?

RE: Feed pump - Tito - 10-04-2015

Always on the return.

RE: Feed pump - m1tch - 10-04-2015

Are you mounting the pump near the engine or near the tank?

RE: Feed pump - swampmonkey - 10-04-2015

i have two 044s, but only use one at a time,

the stockmechanical pump is still in place, and perfect for dailydriving, and i activate ONE of the two 044s in the back when i need more power, and the second one is a backup if the first one failes/start to sound wierd.

replaced one of them cause it died, but have run for a long time. chinese copies works for me, and is a heck of a lot cheaper.

RE: Feed pump - m1tch - 10-04-2015

(10-04-2015, 07:15 AM)swampmonkey i have two 044s, but only use one at a time,

the stockmechanical pump is still in place, and perfect for dailydriving, and i activate ONE of the two 044s in the back when i need more power, and the second one is a backup if the first one failes/start to sound wierd.

replaced one of them cause it died, but have run for a long time. chinese copies works for me, and is a heck of a lot cheaper.

Ah so you are simply ensuring that the stock mechanical pump has the fuel it needs - do you have an upgraded overflow valve to increase the internal pressure in the pump to fill the elements quicker? I guess that you could simply add a fuel regulator on the return line which would override the overflow valve on the side of the pump.