STD
So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Board Info (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... (/showthread.php?tid=6644)

So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - winmutt - 07-20-2015

Pretty sure I am going to retire my project car this winter. I may come back to the world of super turbo diesel at some point....

For now I plan on keeping my toe in things with my 91 300d and maybe doing some basic things on it. Migrating to manual trans and better suspension but no plans on making it "super".

That also means that my vested interest in keeping this board running is diminished. I am not sure what that means long term yet. If people are willing to step up as admins and properly vet new users, I will keep it going.

If not, I will probably merge the site with peach parts if they are interested and if not, I have a list I'll work my way down.

Right now I have other things I need to be focusing on, my family is getting older (and I need to spend more quality time with them), my house needs a ton of work and as much fun as I have under the car, there are days I'd rather be doing other things.

I may get back into it in the future, but not any time soon (like a decade).

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - MFSuper90 - 07-25-2015

Oh no Sad
But I totally understand your predicament

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - Booster - 07-28-2015

If there is anything I can do to keep it going let me know.

I think the forum has so much to offer, could do with growing in users now I think??

Pm me if there is something I can do.

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - dude99 - 08-06-2015

well this is depressing.... Seems like such a good community to let it die off... I don't see merging this with peach parts or Benzworld going well... too many purist fanatics that ruin things for everyone else. This is one of the few boards I've been on where pretty much every project is met with positive encouragement and support. Keep it going!

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - EmJay - 08-06-2015

Sadly 190rev seems to be slowing down as well. I've heard rumors that they were also shutting down a few times. That forum is being supported by its members. Maybe we could setup a fund for this?

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - Simpler=Better - 08-06-2015

Noooo! I'm down to help, lemme know what to do

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - NZScott - 08-07-2015

Willing to help here, this site is too good to lose!

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - capflya - 08-07-2015

I'm willing to help/contribute as well. I also think this board needs to be separate from the others.

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - Simpler=Better - 08-10-2015

(08-07-2015, 11:21 AM)capflya I'm willing to help/contribute as well. I also think this board needs to be separate from the others.

Damn right it needs to stay separate.  Two different environments.

You can't fuckin say shit about turning up an injection pump without someone shoving a stick in their ass on the other forums.

STD is the garage hangout with beers

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - dude99 - 08-11-2015

Quote: You can't fuckin say shit about turning up an injection pump without someone shoving a stick in their ass on the other forums.

Had I been drinking coffee, I would have spit it out laughing as I read that

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - EmJay - 08-12-2015

Agreed. Don't want to know how much flack I got for wanting to do a turbo 602 in my former 16v.

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - Purplecomputer - 08-18-2015

I can start helping taking over the website if need be.

let me know.

simpler=better should be a admin for sure.

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - CRD4x4 - 08-19-2015

(08-18-2015, 03:03 PM)Purplecomputer I can start helping taking over the website if need be.

let me know.

simpler=better should be a admin for sure.

Shouldn't you focus on getting a Benz back on the road, Purple? I know of a 82 300TD with low miles 4-speed manual swap project that would suit your needs ;-)

I know Simpler has a metric shit tonne of projects on deck already but he'd probably still be a good admin although he's another w/o a proper Benz bombing down the road.

Y'all need to get your priorities straight!

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - Purplecomputer - 08-19-2015

yeah I should get another benz but I aint got the monies right now.

Ive got a 2014 civic that needs a diesel conversion. 

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - EmJay - 08-19-2015

Hey i frequented this forum for over a year without a MB diesel. You don't need to own one to appreciate one.

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - Simpler=Better - 08-20-2015

Hey, I got a new engine stand this week! Progress is flying! Tongue

RE: So I'm shopping for a 535i.... - atypicalguy - 12-22-2015

A 535i is a piece of expensive crap. We had a 2008 528i. Never again. Fun to drive but that's where the fun ends.