STD
Help me with my project - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Help me with my project (/showthread.php?tid=6446)

Help me with my project - raysorenson - 04-17-2015

Hi, I want to build a 1200hp OM606 with triple compound turbos but I'm on a tight budget. Tell me what turbos to get out of the junk yard. Can I adjust the ALDO on an OM603 pump to get this much HP? It it hart swapping turbos because my apartment complex has rules about working on cars in the parking lot. I don't want to weld anything either so I was wondering who to buy the parts from cheap. I also need to make this reliable and easy to drive because it's my Mom's car. Can I use a transmission from a Yugo? Also, my go-cart has a centrifugal clutch, can I make that work on this engine?

RE: Help me with my project - led-panzer - 04-17-2015

RE: Help me with my project - led-panzer - 04-17-2015

Of course due to the inability to side scroll I cant delete the first one

RE: Help me with my project - Duncansport - 04-17-2015

Haha. Love it!!

RE: Help me with my project - mytmousemalibu - 04-18-2015

Well you don't need triple turbos, just a mega big single turbo! You can build it yourself for cheaps! You need to buy some jet engine blades off ebay and some of those....uh...Go Cart axle bearings and axle for the turbo shaft. The housings are at Home Depot, those shiny metal trash cans, those are perfect! Some PVC boost pipes too! You don't need a welder if you have your JB Welder's license, thats good enough! You don't need a big injection pump either, just buy a junkyard windshield washer pump and hook it up to a pop bottle of diesel fuel under the hood and put the hose to the intake of your new turbojetcharger! If you can't afford the turbojetcharger, I bet yo can get a diesel locomotive turbo for cheap, that should work good too! When you want power just hit the washer button! I think you'll make way more horsepowers than 1200!

RE: Help me with my project - sassparilla_kid - 04-21-2015

Don't forget, you're gonna need more fuel for that big turbo! I suggest getting one of the big propane cylinders (like the one your grill uses) and put it in the passenger floor board, and running a hose up to the front of the intake. If you have a paper filter you should just be able to stab the hose through. Then once you start moving you can reach over and open up the valve on the cylinder!

RE: Help me with my project - waz - 04-22-2015

Has anyone considered acetylene instead of propane injection?

RE: Help me with my project - Simpler=Better - 04-22-2015

Ray, I hear ya!  Don't let the naywayers get you down, you Moms car will be fine

(04-22-2015, 09:37 AM)waz Has anyone considered acetylene instead of propane injection?

Actually, it has.  The problem is that acetylene is explosive, and highly volatile.  You would blow a rod out as soon as you turned it on.

RE: Help me with my project - mo1971fordcrew - 04-22-2015

I think it's totally do-able. You might be pumping so much boost through it that your intake valves may need a stronger spring. What about suspension coil springs from a w123 or something? Just cut some holes in the valve cover for the longer springs and JB weld some coffee cans over the springs so oil doesn't splash everywhere.