STD
Fuel lines OM606 - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Fuel lines OM606 (/showthread.php?tid=6078)

Fuel lines OM606 - DiseaselWeasel - 12-21-2014

Hi!

Is there a way to change these for proper fuel lines like on OM603 - with retaining the shut-off valve? Any thoughts on this? I'll be keeping it electronic but still would like to get rid of those plastic connectors... Any hints welcome!

RE: Fuel lines OM606 - barrote - 12-21-2014

rubber and brackets .. Wink

RE: Fuel lines OM606 - INC - 12-21-2014

1. You need to put fuel temperature sensor somewhere in fuel line (becose its integrated in shut off valve)
2. Make propper wiring.
3. Make new programm for ECU becose without shut off valve
engine will work in "limp mode".
4. Always when you switch off engine RPM will rise a bit, and only then enginine stops.

P.S. i don`t see any problem with original plastic pipes and Dieselmekens 8 mm elements.

RE: Fuel lines OM606 - starynovy - 12-23-2014

Fit lift pump from earlier pumps so you can attach rubber hoses. Take IP out, thread inlet, fit banjo bolt and done. You can leave shut off valve hangin somewhere inside engine bay. Engine is actually shut of by ECU moving rack into no fuel position. That shutoff valve is part of imobiliser.

RE: Fuel lines OM606 - INC - 12-23-2014

(12-23-2014, 03:30 PM)starynovy Fit lift pump from earlier pumps so you can attach rubber hoses. Take IP out, thread inlet, fit banjo bolt and done. You can leave shut off valve hangin somewhere inside engine bay. Engine is actually shut of by ECU moving rack into no fuel position. That shutoff valve is part of imobiliser.

No. Ecu shut off engine with shut off valve, and move rack to add more fuel and look for RPM. If shut off valve don`t close fuel supply, engine RPMs goes up for ~ 2 sec, and ECU knows that shut off valve not working and set fault code + engine after next start will work in "limp mode".

I try this Smile believe me Cool

RE: Fuel lines OM606 - erx - 12-23-2014

If you use stock lift pump, then just change the sealing rings on plastic connectors and they work fine, no need to change them.

RE: Fuel lines OM606 - starynovy - 12-24-2014

Oh thats bad. Big Grin Then you can buy set of new lines, comes like 90-140€ and you are good, works when new. Changing O-rings does not always help.

RE: Fuel lines OM606 - DiseaselWeasel - 12-24-2014

Ok. So the ECU needs the shutoff-valve and the temperature reading.

From this:

(12-23-2014, 05:09 PM)INC Ecu shut off engine with shut off valve, and move rack to add more fuel and look for RPM. If shut off valve don`t close fuel supply, engine RPMs goes up for ~ 2 sec, and ECU knows that shut off valve not working and set fault code + engine after next start will work in "limp mode".

...I gather that the ECU doesn't sense the shut-off valve directly (like it's resistance value). Is that correct? There are indeed magnetic shut-off valves available. Is my assumption is correct, it would be possible to replace the shut-off valve with a metal valve commonly used on construction equipment, tractors etc.

I just have a problem with the plastics not with the valve itself... My other cars work for 25 years and over a million kilometer without ever having a single problem with leaky fuel lines... It's just - bad. I don't like it. Smile

RE: Fuel lines OM606 - INC - 12-25-2014

(12-24-2014, 01:45 PM)DiseaselWeasel Ok. So the ECU needs the shutoff-valve and the temperature reading.

From this:

(12-23-2014, 05:09 PM)INC Ecu shut off engine with shut off valve, and move rack to add more fuel and look for RPM. If shut off valve don`t close fuel supply, engine RPMs goes up for ~ 2 sec, and ECU knows that shut off valve not working and set fault code + engine after next start will work in "limp mode".

...I gather that the ECU doesn't sense the shut-off valve directly (like it's resistance value). Is that correct? There are indeed magnetic shut-off valves available. Is my assumption is correct, it would be possible to replace the shut-off valve with a metal valve commonly used on construction equipment, tractors etc.

I just have a problem with the plastics not with the valve itself... My other cars work for 25 years and over a million kilometer without ever having a single problem with leaky fuel lines... It's just - bad. I don't like it. Smile

Yes, You need some magnetic shut off valve mounted very close to pump inlet (better the same place). ECU test resistance value of valve too, but its not a big problem to find valve with ~ the same value.

Its possible to code this valve out of ECU too Cool.

RE: Fuel lines OM606 - DiseaselWeasel - 12-25-2014

Thanks - this is all very good news! Can this be done with StarDiagnosis or this there more to it? If a valve with similar resistance doesn't cause a problem that fine by me, though...

RE: Fuel lines OM606 - INC - 12-25-2014

Valve can be disabled only in programm. Star Diagnosis can`t do this.