STD
Time to move on.... - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Board Info (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Time to move on.... (/showthread.php?tid=5836)

Time to move on.... - winmutt - 09-10-2014

When I started this board it was with a good webhost, one guy making some money. He eventually sold out in the pits of despair in late 00's and the new company has been meh. I've also got some pet projects that need more resource.

SO. I am planning on migrating to digitial ocean soon. More memory, SSD, whats not to like?

RE: Time to move on.... - mario - 09-10-2014

Will there be any issues with pms etc and posts as there is some great info on this site

RE: Time to move on.... - Simpler=Better - 09-10-2014

Had me scared for a minute, I though you were going to say you bought a Camaro

RE: Time to move on.... - tjts1 - 09-11-2014

I was thinking Mustang...

RE: Time to move on.... - DeliveryValve - 09-11-2014

So speaking of migrating.... Is my message limit a product of this change?

As you can see I have zero messages stored..... Yet I am 100% full!!!

RE: Time to move on.... - Simpler=Better - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 11:08 AM)DeliveryValve So speaking of migrating.... Is my message limit a product of this change?

It stores copies of messages you sent in your 'sent' folder-is that tripping the counter?

(09-11-2014, 02:50 PM)Simpler=Better
(09-11-2014, 11:08 AM)DeliveryValve So speaking of migrating.... Is my message limit a product of this change?

It stores copies of messages you sent in your 'sent' folder-is that tripping the counter?

Idea??

No idea. But looks like I have room now.

RE: Time to move on.... - winmutt - 09-13-2014

Shouldn't be any issues with lost data etc. I am in the process of doing test runs today for std. Still going to be running mybb. We have a freeish email product at the new job that I migrate to if I have problems sending mail from DO. One of my biggest problems now is that the IP space we are in has been blocked by everyone for spamming, I have to relay through the web hosts email servers and those get blocked as well..

RE: Time to move on.... - winmutt - 09-13-2014

Ok, we are moved over to the new host. No clue if mail is working yet but the server is up and generally seems to be working. We are now powered by saltstack, linux, nginx, mysql and php on newer hardware backed by SSD. We will probably migrating mail to Mandrill pretty soon.

RE: Time to move on.... - led-panzer - 09-20-2014

I'm having the same issue as DeliveryValve, with the pm box reading full when it's not. Anyone wanting to contact me, shoot me an email instead

Figured it out. The "trash can". PM space open