STD
W123 Air Conditioning - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Maintenance (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: W123 Air Conditioning (/showthread.php?tid=5658)

W123 Air Conditioning - BerlinerWillie - 06-09-2014

I purchased my 300D without a compressor and some lines. The body was too good to pass up. Anyway, I can go with stock Delco unit and new lower/upper manifold line(s) & Freeze 12, or I can go with a Sanden 134 aftermarket solution. None of these vendors seem to be in business any longer. I cannot get a response from Klima or European Cooler Air. Any other vendors out there that handle these components? If not, I will go the stock route. How about the refrigerant lines? I cannot find the manifold lines aftermarket. I may just have to go to MB. Any other solution recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RE: W123 Air Conditioning - Purplecomputer - 06-09-2014

(06-09-2014, 11:39 AM)BerlinerWillie I purchased my 300D without a compressor and some lines. The body was too good to pass up. Anyway, I can go with stock Delco unit and new lower/upper manifold line(s) & Freeze 12, or I can go with a Sanden 134 aftermarket solution. None of these vendors seem to be in business any longer. I cannot get a response from Klima or European Cooler Air. Any other vendors out there that handle these components? If not, I will go the stock route. How about the refrigerant lines? I cannot find the manifold lines aftermarket. I may just have to go to MB. Any other solution recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You can always get the sanden compressor online. You will need a mounting kit for it. You can make one or buy one. i think a guy on peachparts makes them for about $150

as far as lines, have you checked with a hydraulic shop? I know they usually makes hoses and they might be able to fabricate some for you,.

RE: W123 Air Conditioning - raysorenson - 06-09-2014

Yep, dude on PP is selling mounts. I'd keep it simple and get junkyard stock stuff, find some R12 on craigslist and call it a day. A healthy bone stock late 123 system with R12 works fine in an AL summer.

RE: W123 Air Conditioning - Austincarnut - 06-09-2014

I have lines and other ac parts, I'm slow as hell to get things in the mail though, prices are competitive! let me know if you need something

(06-09-2014, 11:39 AM)BerlinerWillie I purchased my 300D without a compressor and some lines. The body was too good to pass up. Anyway, I can go with stock Delco unit and new lower/upper manifold line(s) & Freeze 12, or I can go with a Sanden 134 aftermarket solution. None of these vendors seem to be in business any longer. I cannot get a response from Klima or European Cooler Air. Any other vendors out there that handle these components? If not, I will go the stock route. How about the refrigerant lines? I cannot find the manifold lines aftermarket. I may just have to go to MB. Any other solution recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RE: W123 Air Conditioning - bricktron - 06-20-2014

the PP source is "ROLLGUY" and i can vouch that he is for real. i have the kit in hand.

RE: W123 Air Conditioning - Greazzer - 06-20-2014

I have his (ROLLGUY) kit too. Great product and Great customer service !