STD
240D Rescue Mission [Albany, NY] - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: 240D Rescue Mission [Albany, NY] (/showthread.php?tid=5487)

240D Rescue Mission [Albany, NY] - Simpler=Better - 04-03-2014

Buddy's bro is going to scrap his 240D up in Albany next week. Trouble is, I want that thurr 240D. Double trouble, is that I'm stuck in MD for the next few weeks.

Is there anyone on here who can sit on a 240D for a few weeks? Throw it in your backyard, and I'll give you some spare parts and/or beer as a thank you?

RE: 240D Rescue Mission [Albany, NY] - JB3 - 04-03-2014

if you can get it to providence, I can sit on it. Have decent amount of space at the moment, though thats about 150 miles from albany.

see if 300D50 is still active on the board, last I checked he was in the Utica area, not too far away. That was a while ago though

RE: 240D Rescue Mission [Albany, NY] - Purplecomputer - 04-03-2014

My girlfriends sister lives up in Ithaca.

They might be able to keep it. Does it run? I dont see them being able to tow it though.

RE: 240D Rescue Mission [Albany, NY] - JB3 - 04-04-2014

(04-03-2014, 06:50 PM)Purplecomputer My girlfriends sister lives up in Ithaca.

They might be able to keep it. Does it run? I dont see them being able to tow it though.

Lol, so youve got two potential places to stash it simpler-better, both about 150 miles from albany. Big Grin

The guy wont sit on it for a few weeks till you can grab it? Junk it now or junk it then, theres little difference for him, especially if it isnt running. Whats the rush?

RE: 240D Rescue Mission [Albany, NY] - CRD4x4 - 04-04-2014

It shouldn't be junked! Its supposedly a rust free and low miles 4-speed.
The noob owner just doesn't want it anymore and isn't bringing it with him where he's being transferred.

I'd take it in a heartbeat or hold it for Simpler but I promised my wife that I'd get no more cars. A promise is a promise Dodgy

PLEASE! Somebody?!

RE: 240D Rescue Mission [Albany, NY] - Simpler=Better - 04-04-2014

It supposedly wont start, but my money is on water in the fuel, air in the lines, or a dead battery.

I've got space to store it here-I just cant go pick it up for 3 weeks. CRD wanna take my truck and dollie it?

RE: 240D Rescue Mission [Albany, NY] - JB3 - 04-04-2014

will the owner agree to a dead drop?

I did this once with a karmann ghia, worked great, but the other party has to be flexible and trust you to pay them for a tow, and you gotta be able to trust them a bit.

Very similar situation, guy had a free ghia, didn't want it, was moving, very short time limit, ect.

I got his address, found a self storage that would accept a non-running car for outside storage within 10-15 miles, called up and arranged to rent a space over the phone and a fax machine handy with a credit card.

Then I sent the info to the guy and he had the car towed over there and mailed me the keys to the car with the paperwork. 2 months later I was able to get up and there and pick it up.

This is a pain in the ass, but could work as a last resort.