STD
Superpump builder in USA - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: FS / WTB / Buying guides (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Superpump builder in USA (/showthread.php?tid=4998)

Pages: 1 2 3

Superpump builder in USA - dieselmeken - 10-09-2013

As a service to you all in USA, I have made Contact with Larry at http://www.dieselinjectionsystems.com

Santa Maria CA
They are really positive to this, and as a try I have sent over some 8,0mm element, delivery valves & ALDA kit this week.
One pump is going to be build up as a test from their side, if things work ut well we may have a Mercedes superpump builder i USA, How about that :-)

Whuuuh....whuuuuh....WHUUUUUUUUUT!!! - mbz123 - 10-09-2013

It must be christmas morniing and I must be five years old cause I cannot stop giggling.

This ROXXORZ! You ROXXORZ! Sir

MBZ123

RE: Superpump builder in USA - raysorenson - 10-09-2013

Would they do a 6mm pump?

RE: Superpump builder in USA - willbhere4u - 10-09-2013

Very cool I need to save up for a super pump for my 300sdl project now!

RE: Superpump builder in USA - scout2000 - 10-09-2013

Does this mean I will be able to source a modified M Pump for my turbo OM617 through Larry @ dieselinjectionsystems.com?

RE: Superpump builder in USA - Joaquin Suave - 10-09-2013

The correct Email address is: wedodiesels@comcast.net

Actually both addresses are good. I stopped by there this morning and everybody is really excited about this.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - dieselmeken - 10-09-2013

(10-09-2013, 10:05 AM)scout2000 Does this mean I will be able to source a modified M Pump for my turbo OM617 through Larry @ dieselinjectionsystems.com?

If you have a M-pump to send him yes.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - winmutt - 10-09-2013

That is great news! I have spares a plenty if anyone needs a core.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - DeliveryValve - 10-09-2013

(10-09-2013, 05:38 AM)dieselmeken As a service to you all in USA, I have made Contact with Larry at http://www.dieselinjectionsystems.com

Santa Maria CA
They are really positive to this, and as a try I have sent over some 8,0mm element, delivery valves & ALDA kit this week.
One pump is going to be build up as a test from their side, if things work ut well we may have a Mercedes superpump builder i USA, How about that :-)

Hey that is great news. I was hoping this would happen!
John Kady on staff there is excellent and Larry is a cool owner.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - 95e300dez - 10-09-2013

Dieselmeken has to be one of the best guys to deal with on these pumps. I will say he is quite the stand up person to sell his product to someone here in the states. I have to say thanks for being such a huge help with the m pumps in the US.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - 1911diesel - 10-09-2013

wow! this is great news! your awesome dieselmeken!

RE: Superpump builder in USA - bricktron - 10-10-2013

exciting! thanks winmutt for the offer, i may take you up on that.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - sassparilla_kid - 10-10-2013

OHMYGODI'MSOEXCITED!!!!!!!

RE: Superpump builder in USA - mike-81-240d - 10-10-2013

And now my 302 v8 swap idea is gone again. I am so freaking excited!

RE: Superpump builder in USA - w123love - 10-10-2013

IMMMMMMMSOOOOEEEXXXXXCCCCIIIITTTTEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDD

RE: Superpump builder in USA - dieselmeken - 10-11-2013

(10-09-2013, 03:56 PM)95e300dez Dieselmeken has to be one of the best guys to deal with on these pumps. I will say he is quite the stand up person to sell his product to someone here in the states. I have to say thanks for being such a huge help with the m pumps in the US.

You are all so welcome. My journey here on STD.com, other forums, Facebook etc really shows that a open mind is the way to work as a businessman, dont forget that, this is what I make my living on.
Ofcourse I have some secrets and things I keep for myself, who has not? But overall, Why not share something that you guys want to know? If it was possible I would love to have a workshop GTG with you all so where you could do your own pumps, me just looking. Hopefully you have learned something from me.

I really hope this works out great now with Larry and the guys in Santa Maria.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - zeeman - 10-20-2013

Do we have any pricing yet on doing pumps, I had another member tell me they called and it is around $1000.00 plus parts?????

RE: Superpump builder in USA - dieselmeken - 10-21-2013

(10-20-2013, 11:19 PM)zeeman Do we have any pricing yet on doing pumps, I had another member tell me they called and it is around $1000.00 plus parts?????
I have nothing to do with pricing.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - CRD4x4 - 10-21-2013

"One pump is going to be build up as a test from their side, if things work ut well we may have a Mercedes superpump builder i USA, How about that :-)" -dieselmeken

Evidently, they've got little-to-no experience with modifying M pumps. This explains their pricing. "Superpumps" are still going to be out-of-reach for 95% of us no matter where they're built.
It's too bad that someone isn't willing make a name for themselves as being capable AND affordable.
It seemed too good to be true. How about that :-(

P.s. Is Larry even an STD member?

RE: Superpump builder in USA - zeeman - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 07:50 AM)CRD4x4 "One pump is going to be build up as a test from their side, if things work ut well we may have a Mercedes superpump builder i USA, How about that :-)" -dieselmeken

Evidently, they've got little-to-no experience with modifying M pumps. This explains their pricing. "Superpumps" are still going to be out-of-reach for 95% of us no matter where they're built.
It's too bad that someone isn't willing make a name for themselves as being capable AND affordable.
It seemed too good to be true. How about that :-(

P.s. Is Larry even an STD member?

I think Dieselmeken has been doing us right, even with having to ship them to him from the states. always been a standup guy. He specializes in these pumps and has the parts on hand to do them.
I have found that most pump builders in the states are not receptive to building custom pumps.
I did find a small shop in Redding Calif. that has been doing Mercedes pumps since the 50's and is a second generation family shop. One man show but he is great to deal with and is resonable, (doesn't have a large overhead and employes.)

RE: Superpump builder in USA - Simpler=Better - 10-21-2013

$$ per horsepower dieselmenken is great, plus his involvement on the forums (you don't see Myna here do you?)

I do understand the want for a US-based pump shop though, sending stuff across the sea can be a pain.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - MFSuper90 - 10-21-2013

If you all have ever had a pump fully rebuilt, it's not cheap. The prices I've seen thrown around on STD are extremely reasonable.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - dieselmeken - 10-21-2013

Huh

RE: Superpump builder in USA - gsxr - 10-21-2013

(10-20-2013, 11:19 PM)zeeman Do we have any pricing yet on doing pumps, I had another member tell me they called and it is around $1000.00 plus parts?????
Is that $1000 including the larger elements? If so, that's pretty reasonable, as there shouldn't be many additional parts required. If that does not include the elements, it's probably cheaper to just ship the pump to Dieselmeken directly. I'd rather have him do it anyway, until the "local" shop has proven they know what they're doing...

Confused

RE: Superpump builder in USA - Simpler=Better - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 11:09 AM)dieselmeken Huh

Don't be confused we love you! There's only a few cheapasses who want a $200 pump

RE: Superpump builder in USA - MFSuper90 - 10-21-2013

You can't put a price on quality work, and we know Göran does quality work. He is going out of his way to find someone to do pumps in the US and to make all of those videos, I don't think it gets much better than that!

Thanks for all you've done dieselmeken!

RE: Superpump builder in USA - CRD4x4 - 10-21-2013

I haven't heard anything but great things of dieselmeken and I think he's helped the interest in MB diesels grow tremendously. He's done great work.

I'm just surprised that there isn't a greater savings here stateside over sending my pumps to Finland.
And I can't help but imagine how valuable all 617/60x would become if high power was easily affordable.
I, for one, am going to keep looking. I'm not going to pay more for my superpump than I did for; 8 of my 10 current cars/trucks or my 606.962 or all 6 of my turbos combined. Huh

RE: Superpump builder in USA - willbhere4u - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 03:37 PM)CRD4x4

I haven't heard anything but great things of dieselmeken and I think he's helped the interest in MB diesels grow tremendously. He's done great work.

I'm just surprised that there isn't a greater savings here stateside over sending my pumps to Finland.
And I can't help but imagine how valuable all 617/60x would become if high power was easily affordable.
I, for one, am going to keep looking. I'm not going to pay more for my superpump than I did for; 8 of my 10 current cars/trucks or my 606.962 or all 6 of my turbos combined. Huh

Yea but a turbo is a very simple object with one moving part. A diesel injection pump has several hundred parts that need to be adjusted on very expensive tools that cost several hundred thousand dollars. I bet you could not Evan get a stock injection pump rebuilt for that kind of money! I am saving up right now for my 606 300sdl project Big Grin

RE: Superpump builder in USA - zeeman - 10-21-2013

(10-21-2013, 12:33 PM)gsxr
Is that $1000 including the larger elements? If so, that's pretty reasonable, as there shouldn't be many additional parts required. If that does not include the elements, it's probably cheaper to just ship the pump to Dieselmeken directly. I'd rather have him do it anyway, until the "local" shop has proven they know what they're doing...

Confused

I think the biggest problem in the states is the availability of the parts, mainly elements. If Dieselmeken can provide the parts the rest is just labor. I spoke to the shop I deal with in Redding and he was receptive to doing the pumps if the parts were available.
He was willing to talk to Dieselmeken. www.fuelinjectioncenter.com

RE: Superpump builder in USA - mike-81-240d - 10-22-2013

So what is Larry charging? I tried to call the shop but they didn't pick up.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - CRD4x4 - 10-22-2013

(10-22-2013, 12:41 PM)mike-81-240d So what is Larry charging? I tried to call the shop but they didn't pick up.

Rumor has it the cost is "$1000 plus parts".

Anyone else got through to Larry?

RE: Superpump builder in USA - Joaquin Suave - 10-23-2013

Quote:mike-81-240d Wrote:

Chances are that their phones were all tied up. I've had the same situation calling them before. They are a REALLY busy shop!

I was over at the shop last friday and saw all the cool bits and pieces from Deiselmeken.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - zeeman - 10-23-2013

(10-23-2013, 10:14 AM)Joaquin Suave
Quote:mike-81-240d Wrote:

Chances are that their phones were all tied up. I've had the same situation calling them before. They are a REALLY busy shop!

I was over at the shop last friday and saw all the cool bits and pieces from Deiselmeken.

I prefer to deal with a shop that answers thier phone and specializes in Mercedes pumps. Large shops are usually big overhead and charge accordingly.
Dieselmeken is still going to have to ship the parts to whoever is doing the pumps and we are still going to have to ship the pumps to whoever is going to do the pumps. I prefer to stay with an experienced shop I can trust even if it is overseas.
Dieselmeken has been doing these for some time, and as he states he has some tricks of the trade that he is keeping to himself and rightly so.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - DeliveryValve - 10-23-2013

I talked to John Kady, he told me the initial M pumps are going to be around $1,400 to do. Includes Dieselmeken Plungers and Barrels , new DV's and gaskets. Other hard parts extra. But once they get rolling, they would like to get the price down lower couple hundred of dollars.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - Simpler=Better - 10-23-2013

$1400 to double your horsepower isn't bad at all

RE: Superpump builder in USA - dieselmeken - 10-24-2013

(10-23-2013, 09:42 PM)Simpler=Better $1400 to double your horsepower isn't bad at all

Or triple, 177x3 =531 :-)
Well, atleast I have given it a shot. Time will tell if this works out.
Its my wish anyway and I Think they sort it out.
If not, I take a vacation week in CA, liked it there this summer and are willing to go back as a business journey.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - Triker - 10-24-2013

I have Dieselmeken's pump and I live in Finland. Some says that I should buy IP from here but I got very very good 8mm pump from Göran and he knows what he does and what a customer service means! I hope you keep this line in the future also and you get so much customers from here Finland also. Smile

RE: Superpump builder in USA - CRD4x4 - 10-24-2013

(10-24-2013, 10:15 AM)dieselmeken
(10-23-2013, 09:42 PM)Simpler=Better $1400 to double your horsepower isn't bad at all

You can build a pump that produces 531hp for $1,400?!

What's you're mailing address?

RE: Superpump builder in USA - dieselmeken - 10-25-2013

(10-24-2013, 09:42 PM)CRD4x4
(10-24-2013, 10:15 AM)dieselmeken

You can build a pump that produces 531hp for $1,400?!

What's you're mailing address?

Yes I can, question is if you can build a Engine that can eat 180cc of fuel without blowing to pieces?
dieselmeken@telia.com

RE: Superpump builder in USA - Simpler=Better - 10-25-2013

Going to need rods and a girdle at that level, maybe a new crank

RE: Superpump builder in USA - gsxr - 10-25-2013

(10-25-2013, 12:33 AM)dieselmeken
(10-24-2013, 09:42 PM)CRD4x4 You can build a pump that produces 531hp for $1,400?!

Yes I can, question is if you can build a Engine that can eat 180cc of fuel without blowing to pieces?
LOL! He's right. Supplying the fuel is the "easy" part. Engineering the rest of the engine (especially the turbocharger, IC, intake, exhaust) is the hard part. Then you need to pray the rods, pistons, and crank all stay where they belong and don't poke holes in the crankcase.

For a street car I'd much rather have 275-300hp that is completely reliable. I'd try 500hp for a toy/race car if I had access to cheap spare engines to swap in as they blew up.

Cool

RE: Superpump builder in USA - Jetmugg - 10-29-2013

Goran (sorry, don't know how to do the umlatte symbol), is a true stand-up guy who has proven his ability and willingness to provide an extremely valuable service. Kudos to the man.

Steve.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - vica153 - 10-30-2013

I have a 603 pump in the garage waiting to get rebuilt and put on my 606. Does this place in California have the same equipment to properly test the pumps?

Are they only doing 8mm pumps for now? That seems like it might be overkill for my purposes. ~250-300HP.

I could send my pump down to them anytime. Although I don't like the idea of paying extra to be their first pump if the next pumps will cost less.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - willbhere4u - 10-31-2013

You can always dial it down to what ever power level you are comfortable with and then you know it can be turned up later if you want or need more power

RE: Superpump builder in USA - vica153 - 10-31-2013

That is true, so whats the status of their first test pump? I could ship my 603 pump anytime.

Getting cheaper once they start doing more of them makes sense, but it would also make sense to give the first few people a deal for being the test subjects for their new project.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - Bangaway - 10-31-2013

I have a 606 pump and engine from a 95 for sale. But you also have to buy the rest of the car with it. Look in the FS section. It's a beauty.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4137545254.html

RE: Superpump builder in USA - mikes02ls1 - 11-01-2013

Sweet, so is going to be the test mule and get theirs done stateside?

RE: Superpump builder in USA - MFSuper90 - 11-01-2013

I would go with the big elements and just dial it down some, bigger elements = quicker injection time, quicker injection= more powaa!
And it'll last forever cause your not pushing it's limits

RE: Superpump builder in USA - dieselmeken - 11-02-2013

(11-01-2013, 09:22 PM)mikes02ls1 Sweet, so is going to be the test mule and get theirs done stateside?

Testmule, well if anyone is a testmule its me, I dont know how many different elements, setups , hours I have spent on these pumps, but now finally I have some setups that works really good. We are all children in the beginning.

RE: Superpump builder in USA - vica153 - 11-03-2013

He meant,"Who is going to be the first person to send their pump to DieselInjectionSystems in California to see if they can do a good job with the Dieselmeken parts?"