STD
Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc (/showthread.php?tid=4939)

Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - winmutt - 09-25-2013

Please do not post without a diagram of said bolt pattern.

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Simpler=Better - 09-25-2013

Who it be, what it do. I've printed it at 1:1 and eyeballing things the pattern is correct. I'll get a full fancy drawing with SBC and all that later, but if you're looking to home brew a 617 adapter plate this is what you're looking for.

[Image: gI6Th5q.jpg]

T3 to GT2056V. If I did it again I'd probably move all the GT bolts/inlet to the right and down 1/4"-3/8"

[Image: adapteriq7.jpg]

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Duncansport - 01-23-2014

605/602 lower main girdle
.pdf
605 602 girdle.pdf
Size: 41.3 KB / Downloads: 2,737

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - fcp - 02-18-2014

After some months, I am pleased to be able to include the files here to allow you to fabricate adapter plates to match the OM606 bellhousing to the BMW GS6-53DZ transmission (late model version, 2009 or so on).

The files included are complete PDF drawings for both sides of the plate. I have a Solidworks e-drawing file (you can download edrawing viewer for free online) so you can see how it all goes together and some DXF files for those that can use them. This site won't let me post them here it seems (maybe a mod can help out?), I'll find some way to list them though so people can get to them.

At the time of writing (Feb 18 2014), these are version '2.5-Final' and I believe them to be correct, but I will designate them 'RC1' (as officially a pre-release official version) until I get some feedback from others that they are OK, at which point I'll re-publish a final version here.

For those who aren't interested in this gearbox (which incidentally requires custom clutch/ flywheel) the OM606 bellhousing pattern will have other uses for members in the community I hope :-)

If you create derivative works from these drawings, please make sure you upload them for others to benefit from.

Now the important stuff!

These files are released to the community with the following disclaimer:

I make no warranty, guarantee or assertion in any respect of this design, its suitability or appropriateness to the use to which you may put it. If it breaks, blows up your engine, destroys your gearbox or in any way harms or endangers life limb, property or your sanity then by making use of this design (or any derivative) you accept full and entire responsibility for any consequences!

I make no guarantee that the measurements herin contained are correct, or that the approach or techniques used to design or transcribe the designs are correct.

I am NOT an engineer and if you are in any way unsure of the suitability of the design for your purpose you should consult someone who is!

Please note, no assertion is made in regard to title or use of original designs, IP or proprietary information which resides with the respective property rights holders. Citing 'Fair Use', these designs are released to the community for informational, educational, NON COMMERCIAL purposes and you should seek professional legal advice if any any doubt.

Thanks to everyone here are elsewhere who helped me with advice and opinion on this design. If you want to see the progress I am making, please see my Flickr account

Please post pictures of any project you use these on too Smile

Finally, if you like the design and find time, do send me a postcard to say hi from wherever you live: NowWeComply, Cody Technology Park, Old Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0LX, UK.

Have Fun Smile Ben

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Duncansport - 02-19-2014

(02-18-2014, 07:37 PM)fcp After some months, I am pleased to be able to include the files here to allow you to fabricate adapter plates to match the OM606 bellhousing to the BMW GS6-53DZ transmission (late model version, 2009 or so on).

The files included are complete PDF drawings for both sides of the plate. I have a Solidworks e-drawing file (you can download edrawing viewer for free online) so you can see how it all goes together and some DXF files for those that can use them. This site won't let me post them here it seems (maybe a mod can help out?), I'll find some way to list them though so people can get to them.

At the time of writing (Feb 18 2014), these are version '2.5-Final' and I believe them to be correct, but I will designate them 'RC1' (as officially a pre-release official version) until I get some feedback from others that they are OK, at which point I'll re-publish a final version here.

For those who aren't interested in this gearbox (which incidentally requires custom clutch/ flywheel) the OM606 bellhousing pattern will have other uses for members in the community I hope :-)

If you create derivative works from these drawings, please make sure you upload them for others to benefit from.

Now the important stuff!

These files are released to the community with the following disclaimer:

I make no warranty, guarantee or assertion in any respect of this design, its suitability or appropriateness to the use to which you may put it. If it breaks, blows up your engine, destroys your gearbox or in any way harms or endangers life limb, property or your sanity then by making use of this design (or any derivative) you accept full and entire responsibility for any consequences!

I make no guarantee that the measurements herin contained are correct, or that the approach or techniques used to design or transcribe the designs are correct.

I am NOT an engineer and if you are in any way unsure of the suitability of the design for your purpose you should consult someone who is!

Please note, no assertion is made in regard to title or use of original designs, IP or proprietary information which resides with the respective property rights holders. Citing 'Fair Use', these designs are released to the community for informational, educational, NON COMMERCIAL purposes and you should seek professional legal advice if any any doubt.

Thanks to everyone here are elsewhere who helped me with advice and opinion on this design. If you want to see the progress I am making, please see my Flickr account

Please post pictures of any project you use these on too Smile

Finally, if you like the design and find time, do send me a postcard to say hi from wherever you live: NowWeComply, Cody Technology Park, Old Ively Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0LX, UK.

Have Fun Smile Ben

Nice work, looks great

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Hario' - 05-23-2014

[Image: 000-0000-002.jpg]

Standard OM606 + 605 exhaust manifold turbo outlet flange (hole drawn to 50mm, would require manifold hole grinding out to suit).

[Image: 000-0000-001.jpg]

Holset HX35 (T3) manifold flange dimensions. (The drawing is actually of a quick spool valve I am developing).

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - F.R.A.S - 05-24-2014

Here is the exhaust flange for om604/605/606 (cut to length).

I hope I've got all the important number on it.

Edit: Width of the ports are 74mm.

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Duncansport - 05-24-2014

(05-24-2014, 01:49 AM)F.R.A.S Here is the exhaust flange for om604/605/606 (cut to length).

I hope I've got all the important number on it.

Great! Thank you!

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - F.R.A.S - 05-24-2014

No problem. Just let me know if I forgot something...

Think about the fact that I've not measured in the center of the bot holes. The program was a bit pissed on me (I modified our special flange to just show the standard flange pattern) so I had a hard time making this Tongue

(05-24-2014, 02:33 PM)Duncansport Great! Thank you!

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Tito - 05-31-2014

Could be me but I can't find the width of the exhaust port? Tongue I anybody has a cad drawing would make me very happy. Wink Or i'll just copy the top drawing in solid works.

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - F.R.A.S - 06-01-2014

Tongue you see, hahaha... Thanks mate. 74mm is the width of the port.

50mm is the straight area, that means that the radius in the end of the port are 14mm witch also determents the port hight of 28mm Cool

(05-31-2014, 05:08 PM)Tito Could be me but I can't find the width of the exhaust port? Tongue I anybody has a cad drawing would make me very happy. Wink Or i'll just copy the top drawing in solid works.

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Simpler=Better - 08-11-2014

617 block, small block chevy bell. NV3500, Muncie, etc. should fit this. The holes have been printed out and eyeballed on a desk, everything looks pretty darn square. The starter location is TBD-I'm going to try and squeeze a 617 starter on there somewhere.

The center cutout is 4.5"x4.5", the om617 pins are 12mm, the SBC pins are 1/2"

You will need to drill the 617 crank pattern on an 86+ (single piece rear main seal SBC) flywheel. The om617 crank pattern is twelve 10mm holes evenly spaced on a 103mm diameter circle. This should fit inside the 86+ SBC flywheel pretty easily.

I'd still reccomend checking the bell housing's center with a dial indicator, and using offset pins to center it all once assembled.

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Simpler=Better - 08-12-2014

VW TDI 4cyl to SBC

The funky inner profile is a rough sketch of the TDI block

You could definitely get away with cutting it down to about half size, but it's nice to have the full pattern for sizing.

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - MrHope - 12-30-2014

Did someone have a dxf file for t3flange and 606exhaust ?

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Tito - 12-30-2014

I have a dxf of a 606 manifold. Only need to export the t3 flange (hx40s is t3 right? So confusing Big Grin) to dxf.

I used F.R.A.S 's drawing and checked with my own sliding gauge. I haven't had the flange cut yet. You can get it from me but it hasn't been tested to fit (little that could to wrong I think?)

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - F.R.A.S - 12-30-2014

OM606 in DXF, sorry for not posted it before.

.dxf
OM606 FLÄNS.DXF
Size: 420.57 KB / Downloads: 2,135

Here's a divided T4 flange for you guys.

.dxf
T4-divided.DXF
Size: 20.7 KB / Downloads: 1,013

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - F.R.A.S - 01-01-2015

Alright guys, here is a DXF file of a divided T3.

.dxf
T3-divided.DXF
Size: 20.57 KB / Downloads: 1,142

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Hario' - 12-12-2016

Does anyone have a DXF of a Holset HX/HY35 outlet flange/ Otherwise I will have a go this week

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - hents99 - 12-12-2016

This one?     

With or without WG hole? 

Or round flange with 6 holes?

With WG hole
https://www.upload.ee/files/6444071/hx35outlet_wg.dwg.html

WG hole blocked
https://www.upload.ee/files/6444074/hx35outlet_wg_blocked.DXF.html

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Hario' - 12-12-2016

(12-12-2016, 10:30 AM)hents99 This one? 

With or without WG hole? 

Or round flange with 6 holes?

With WG hole
https://www.upload.ee/files/6444071/hx35outlet_wg.dwg.html

WG hole blocked
https://www.upload.ee/files/6444074/hx35outlet_wg_blocked.DXF.html

YEs!  Thanks again Hendrik!

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Knudsen Built. - 01-10-2017

Hi

First, if this is the wrong place to ask so please refer to the right place.
Re: OM 60? and OM 648 (320 CDI) front cover.

I would, if possible, move OM 60? front cover for OM 648th

Reason: I want the fuel pump sitting on the side instead of the front.

Everything else is not important. The engine will be used with a Toyota gear box in a completely different car. Hence everything must be built.

Thanks in advance for help. No need to buy various engines without knowing if things can be moved.

Greetings
Knudsen Built.

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Om606w201 - 03-07-2017

Does anyone have dimensions or drawings of the OM606 flywheel / Crank bolt pattern.
Having a flywheel made and it would make this go a lot fast with these few measurements.

Thank you
Joshua

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - hents99 - 03-07-2017

I do have crank bolt pattern. I got your email and I will send you dimensions.

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Om606w201 - 03-07-2017

Your a savior Hendricks!!
Thank you

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - jhw. - 10-21-2017

Does anyone have the bolt pattern of this style bmw zf box?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-e46-320d-150-hp-6-speed-gearbox-ZF-1069401-017-2001-2005-/152740569033?hash=item23900c1fc9:g:qf4AAOSwjoVZ30lH

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - tomppaz - 11-09-2017

(03-07-2017, 11:00 AM)hents99 I do have crank bolt pattern. I got your email and I will send you dimensions.

It would be a good idea if you would share om606 crank bolt pattern in this thread. Thanks !

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - CRD4x4 - 11-09-2017

(11-09-2017, 03:47 AM)tomppaz
(03-07-2017, 11:00 AM)hents99 I do have crank bolt pattern. I got your email and I will send you dimensions.

It would be a good idea if you would share om606 crank bolt pattern in this thread. Thanks !

Yes! Please! I've been looking for this bolt pattern for years w/o success & would love to have it!

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Langstrom - 02-09-2018

Hi! I am in the need of dimensions of the OM606 Flexplate/automatic flywheel. So, If anyone happens to have one of these laying around, I would really appreciate if you could provide me with the following measurements! Smile

[Image: gUE5zZL.png]

//Johan

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - kaputnik - 02-27-2019

Did someone verified the OM606 pattern from FCP ? Are the coordinates all good?

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - jav1 - 02-27-2019

I used this numbers for the engine side of my adapter. Seemed to line up fine.

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - Granfatherglock - 05-01-2019

Does anyone have om603 exhaust flange?

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - benjy_b - 11-21-2019

Has anyone got a file for the OM605/606 motor mount pcd?

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - 300SD81 - 12-15-2019

Haven't been around here in quite a while, but I'm putting my old OM617 to use as a generator.

Made up some adapters for generator usage (electric water pump, oil filter relocated for easy IP access, shaft output) so these might be useful.

Oil filter relocation

[Image: ix2XUK6.png]

Thermostat housing

[Image: KXWjeCX.png]

Water Pump

[Image: 94Qtv1V.png]

Crank bolt pattern

[Image: nzVENne.png]

Fusion 360 makes it really easy to reverse engineer the patterns. Place the part or gasket along with a machinists ruler on a scanner, import as canvas, scale using the ruler and have at it.

I have a waterjet cutter now, so if anyone needs custom flanges, shoot me a message.

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - nastala - 05-12-2020

I've made the manifold gasket for the OM617, it should be accurate to within .2mm. It was done in Solidworks, and I included the .sldprt and a .dxf. I couldn't attach them for some reason, so here's a link to archive.org for them.

https://archive.org/details/om617manifold

RE: Bolt patterns, flanges, mounts etc - HighFive - 02-13-2023

Hi!

I wonder if someone has to share the bolt pattern between OM 601 (2.0d) and manual gearbox?

I'm planning to salvage this motor of mine and use it as a trusty workhorse for a power generator, but need to build a flange / adapter between the two.

The generator has a SAE flange so I know that pattern, but could not find 601's pattern and ran into this thread.

Thanks!