STD
Forum know-it-alls - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Forum know-it-alls (/showthread.php?tid=4930)

Forum know-it-alls - MFSuper90 - 09-22-2013

Rant for just a second or two
I am on several various diesel forums to learn all I can, and share what little knowledge I have.
It royally pisses me off when guys on the internet can never be wrong, or never even acknowledge that someone else has a valid point.
[Image: null_zpsefc0c40f.png]

That's what I feel some guys are like on the internet

RE: Forum know-it-alls - w123love - 09-22-2013

That is why I rarely comment on PeachParts. So many damn know-it-alls or self proclaimed keyboard genius' that add information from a personal experience that is hardly relevant to what the OP was posting about.

RE: Forum know-it-alls - lgreeley83 - 09-22-2013

X2 on all that.

RE: Forum know-it-alls - JB3 - 09-22-2013

Ah hahahahaha

Thank you for that pic of nick cage. I was just thinking what a crusty old fart he was with his damn comb overs.

If some internet know it alls look like that, I suppose id have to give them the argument, at least I don't need to then preen my hair for parasites and wax my 18 inch forehead

RE: Forum know-it-alls - MFSuper90 - 09-22-2013

It's sad too, because most of the people that act this way are very intelligent people, but the way the act masks it

RE: Forum know-it-alls - raysorenson - 09-22-2013

You guys ever hear of Eric Fletcher? I think there's been some MBworld drama with him. Anyway, he's pretty arrogant, VERY knowledgeable about lots of car stuff, especially chassis theory. He's pretty much universally considered a dick, *but* I kinda like him.

Anyway, here's a thread with the most (to use stupid forum lingo) "epic pwnage" ever of the most infamous forum know it all of all time. Enjoy

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?highlight=eric+fletcher+lie&t=694303

RE: Forum know-it-alls - willbhere4u - 09-22-2013

Where you here when forced induction was?

For a short while I was. He was very knowledgable on most subjects, but he could never accept someone else's opinion or thoughts.
My name is Eric also, coincidence? Wink haha
There's a fellow on 4btswaps that is very smart, but gets on my nerves a lot. I don't really associate with the other Benz forums, because, well you guys are some of the nicest knowledgable forums I have ever been on.
Kudos to you all!

RE: Forum know-it-alls - Simpler=Better - 09-22-2013

(09-22-2013, 06:39 PM)willbhere4u Where you here when forced induction was?

I never had beef with Forced, he even sent me some free DVs once.

But yeah, don't be afraid to slap me if I rant and rave. Oh dear lordy do I rant and rave, my wife just starting laughing and pats me on the head when I get going

RE: Forum know-it-alls - willbhere4u - 09-22-2013

He is a very nice guy in person I raced against him at Bandimare. He is also very very knowledgeable but would troll anybody who disagreed with him. He didn't like being proven wrong either.

(09-22-2013, 08:00 PM)willbhere4u He is a very nice guy in person I raced against him at Bandimare. He is also very very knowledgeable but would troll anybody who disagreed with him. He didn't like being proven wrong either.

I am glad to be proved wrong on something I'm not 100% about. I'd rather be wrong than give false info to people

RE: Forum know-it-alls - JB3 - 09-23-2013

the internet is a window into someones true nature OR true opinions. There are generally no consequences to outrageous behavior that would result in a broken nose in person.

Ive gotten into ridiculous pissing contests on the internet with people I later met in person, and was always shocked at how well I got along with them and how many interests we shared.

Just recently I had a very cordial conversation and a lot of fun meeting a guy who had previously told me I would burn in hell and I told him just as bad things, so it was kinda funny how I think both of us had this silly argument in the back of our minds, and got along just fine.

on another note, Simpler=better did try and stab me though. Coming up from Baltimore, he's kinda stabby, watch your back. Big Grin

RE: Forum know-it-alls - Simpler=Better - 09-23-2013

(09-23-2013, 06:49 AM)JB3 the internet is a window into someones true nature OR true opinions. There are generally no consequences to outrageous behavior that would result in a broken nose in person.

Ive gotten into ridiculous pissing contests on the internet with people I later met in person, and was always shocked at how well I got along with them and how many interests we shared.

Just recently I had a very cordial conversation and a lot of fun meeting a guy who had previously told me I would burn in hell and I told him just as bad things, so it was kinda funny how I think both of us had this silly argument in the back of our minds, and got along just fine.

on another note, Simpler=better did try and stab me though. Coming up from Baltimore, he's kinda stabby, watch your back. Big Grin

I didn't choose the streets, the streets chose me. It's shank or be shanked, yo

RE: Forum know-it-alls - MFSuper90 - 09-23-2013

(09-23-2013, 08:40 AM)Simpler=Better
(09-23-2013, 06:49 AM)JB3 the internet is a window into someones true nature OR true opinions. There are generally no consequences to outrageous behavior that would result in a broken nose in person.

Know this from back in the prison days simpler? Hahahahah

RE: Forum know-it-alls - CRD4x4 - 09-23-2013

Yo, Simpler=Better is no joke! We did a bid together back in the day. I consider him "Family"!

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3727660

Don't argue with him!
(09-23-2013, 09:01 AM)MFSuper90
(09-23-2013, 08:40 AM)Simpler=Better

Know this from back in the prison days simpler? Hahahahah

RE: Forum know-it-alls - martureo - 09-23-2013

Just recently I had a very cordial conversation and a lot of fun meeting a guy who had previously told me I would burn in hell and I told him just as bad things, so it was kinda funny how I think both of us had this silly argument in the back of our minds, and got along just fine. ...
That wasn't me was it?

RE: Forum know-it-alls - JB3 - 09-23-2013

(09-23-2013, 11:13 AM)martureo

Just recently I had a very cordial conversation and a lot of fun meeting a guy who had previously told me I would burn in hell and I told him just as bad things, so it was kinda funny how I think both of us had this silly argument in the back of our minds, and got along just fine. ...
That wasn't me was it?

Lol, yeah! Big Grin

I was worse too and definitely tweaked you to that point. I apologize, was a stupid argument way back when.
Having met you I was thinking, here's a guy who's doing good things for other people, and even brought some kids he was mentoring with him, and why in the world was I internet arguing with him when we all share passions for old diesel cars? Never again.

Simpler=better didn't try and stab you as well, did he?

RE: Forum know-it-alls - Simpler=Better - 09-23-2013

(09-23-2013, 01:48 PM)JB3

That wasn't me was it?

Lol, yeah! Big Grin

I was worse too and definitely tweaked you to that point. I apologize, was a stupid argument way back when.
Having met you I was thinking, here's a guy who's doing good things for other people, and even brought some kids he was mentoring with him, and why in the world was I internet arguing with him when we all share passions for old diesel cars? Never again.

I'm not saying nuthin'...but some of those wagons left with tarps in the back that they didn't arrive with.

RE: Forum know-it-alls - martureo - 09-24-2013

(09-23-2013, 01:48 PM)JB3

That wasn't me was it?

Lol, yeah! Big Grin

Oh, well I can debate til the cows come home. Part of the problem on the internet is that there is no emotion attached to the text, i.e. you can't tell if the person is agitated or calm.

And honestly, I've met enough people from the net where we'd fought to the death online and yet they were perfectly cordial in person. I wasn't really worried about meeting any of you blokes.

The only thing would change that would be dishonesty. If you lie to me online, falsify your sources, propagate what you know is a lie, refuse to submit to correction (this one less so).... well, I'll be suspicious of you in person.

RE: Forum know-it-alls - waz - 09-24-2013

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again,,,,
I know everything.

I just can't remember any of it. Huh

RE: Forum know-it-alls - winmutt - 09-24-2013

There is an asshole in every crowd. Often, that's me!

RE: Forum know-it-alls - MFSuper90 - 09-24-2013

(09-24-2013, 01:48 PM)winmutt There is an asshole in every crowd. Often, that's me!

Everybody's got one, might as well be one every once in awhile Big Grin

RE: Forum know-it-alls - Jooseppi Luna - 11-01-2013

(09-23-2013, 11:13 AM)martureo That wasn't me was it?

That's just what I was sitting here thinking Big Grin.

RE: Forum know-it-alls - SurfRodder - 11-24-2013

(09-23-2013, 08:40 AM)Simpler=Better I didn't choose the streets, the streets chose me. It's shank or be shanked, yo

lol,
this reminds me of the guys I had working for me in #4 Reactor Aux. Room on the 'prise... used to go around the ship "shanking" each other, usually with some sort of sound effects...well it began to catch on and people from completely different departments on the ship started doing it as well...flash forward a few weeks and they actually banned this activity on the boat. During a Captain's call on the ship's TV, the ship's leadership came out and said there would be no more "shanking" each other on the mess decks...

anyway, very amusing for me back then and even more so now with the way the Navy is getting these days...just thought I'd share.