STD
WTB: speedo cable for getrag 617 4 speed - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: FS / WTB / Buying guides (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: WTB: speedo cable for getrag 617 4 speed (/showthread.php?tid=4806)

WTB: speedo cable for getrag 617 4 speed - lgreeley83 - 08-10-2013

Had the car for a while now I figure I should get the speedometer working.

RE: WTB: speedo cable for getrag 617 4 speed - lgreeley83 - 08-18-2013

Bumpidy bump. My 4 speed swap never had a proper speedo cable.

RE: WTB: speedo cable for getrag 617 4 speed - w123love - 08-18-2013

It was awkward trying to find the right one. Seems any cable from a 4 speed will work. The top end that connects to the speedo is the same across the board, its just the end that mates with the transmission is different. You can buy them on ebay.

RE: WTB: speedo cable for getrag 617 4 speed - Austincarnut - 08-19-2013

(08-18-2013, 10:39 PM)w123love It was awkward trying to find the right one. Seems any cable from a 4 speed will work. The top end that connects to the speedo is the same across the board, its just the end that mates with the transmission is different. You can buy them on ebay.

Do you happen to have pics of the difference?

RE: WTB: speedo cable for getrag 617 4 speed - lgreeley83 - 08-19-2013

I post a pic soon enough... I did get one on eBay. Still have the auto cable in my car. When I get it I will compare the two. I have a getrag 4 speed in my car but also a slant iron 4 speed in storage. I'll check the fit on both.

Waiting for it to be shipped to me. Hopefully before the end of the week.

They all seemed to be about 30$ or more. I got a used one pulled from a manual cause I didn't feel like researching part numbers and shit.

RE: WTB: speedo cable for getrag 617 4 speed - JB3 - 08-20-2013

I don't know if you have the flat or square cable end for the transmission, but for what its worth, its possible to carefully cut down the flat speedo cable end to fit in the square hole. Ive done this with decent success putting an 84 transmission in an 80 240.

If its a question of flat cable end and square hole, this is an easy fix doing that for no cost, the other way around though needs another cable.

RE: WTB: speedo cable for getrag 617 4 speed - willbhere4u - 08-20-2013

I found a one new on partsgeek.com for my 1980 240d a year ago for $26

RE: WTB: speedo cable for getrag 617 4 speed - Austincarnut - 08-20-2013

(08-19-2013, 10:11 PM)lgreeley83 I post a pic soon enough... I did get one on eBay. Still have the auto cable in my car. When I get it I will compare the two. I have a getrag 4 speed in my car but also a slant iron 4 speed in storage. I'll check the fit on both.

Waiting for it to be shipped to me. Hopefully before the end of the week.

They all seemed to be about 30$ or more. I got a used one pulled from a manual cause I didn't feel like researching part numbers and shit.

I need to go the other way with car I'm working with, wanna trade?