STD
606 engine in boat - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: 606 engine in boat (/showthread.php?tid=4392)

606 engine in boat - speedwellfane - 03-04-2013

Hi I am getting on well with the engines for my boat but I need some more help.
I have changed the 606 IP for the 603 IP and adjusted the full load, but I need to know the fuel hose connections for the 603 IP as they are different to the 606 IP.
I also need to know where the vacuum pipe from the turbo wastegate connects to. Also does adding a outside adjustable ALDA give you more power and do you need to do any other adjustment to the IP.
I will put some photos on soon.
Thanks for all the help

RE: 606 engine in boat - maxypriest - 03-04-2013

(03-04-2013, 04:45 AM)speedwellfane Hi I am getting on well with the engines for my boat but I need some more help.
I have changed the 606 IP for the 603 IP and adjusted the full load, but I need to know the fuel hose connections for the 603 IP as they are different to the 606 IP.
I also need to know where the vacuum pipe from the turbo wastegate connects to. Also does adding a outside adjustable ALDA give you more power and do you need to do any other adjustment to the IP.
I will put some photos on soon.
Thanks for all the help

are you the dorset engineering lot on youtube?

RE: 606 engine in boat - TheDon - 03-04-2013

the 606 IP, if its not from the 606.910 non turbo engine. Uses a different style of connections for the injection pump.

RE: 606 engine in boat - hansebanger77 - 03-04-2013

You can use fuelfilter from 603 than you dont Need any Plastik crap to connect.
I use a Other wastgate actuator than it adjust with boost and not vacuum.
I think you get no extra power but if you adjust the pump to give max fuel than you can adjust the Alda down for less smoke on lower rpm.

RE: 606 engine in boat - speedwellfane - 03-04-2013

Hi No I am in Grimsby Lincs.

RE: 606 engine in boat - Mark_M - 03-04-2013

Original waste gate actuator is controlled by the ECU and cant be used in a mechanical system unless you get creative with an arduino or something like that. Far better to just get a pressure sensing one and hook it up to the inlet.

RE: 606 engine in boat - JustPassinThru - 03-05-2013

(03-04-2013, 04:45 AM)speedwellfane ...I have changed the 606 IP for the 603 IP and adjusted the full load, but I need to know the fuel hose connections for the 603 IP as they are different to the 606 IP. I also need to know where the vacuum pipe from the turbo wastegate connects to...

I have a 603 on wooden blocks in my mom's garage, about 50 miles north of here. Will swing by there tomorrow and can snap pics.

I am thinking of buying a boat and re-powering it with Mercedes diesel(s). Do you have a descriptive thread anywhere, of how you accomplished this?

RE: 606 engine in boat - speedwellfane - 03-05-2013

Hi Thanks for that I am still making all the parts for the engines but will send some pictures later.
Regards Kevin