STD
Other hobbies. - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Other hobbies. (/showthread.php?tid=4257)

Other hobbies. - winmutt - 01-14-2013

So I have other hobbies: fishing, camping, biking, carpentry, house renovations and sushi. Yesterday, after prepping wood for my new bed project, I made sushi.

[Image: 740313_4633198842334_1697085309_o.jpg]

What other hobbies to you have?

RE: Other hobbies. - Simpler=Better - 01-14-2013

Making my gas truck get 30mpg without looking stupid.

Playing with LEDs.

Ummm........if it burns fuel I'm in?

RE: Other hobbies. - w123love - 01-14-2013

Sailing....

RE: Other hobbies. - sassparilla_kid - 01-14-2013

I would have to say gambling and alcohol are pretty fun lol. But seriously I spend a lot of my free time at Starbucks. If I had more free time I would probably have a number of other projects done, such as fixing my sailboat up again, or maybe build myself a nice Telecaster. Or work on making a solar heater for the house, or maybe make an anaerobic digester since I enjoy alternative energy stuff

RE: Other hobbies. - MFSuper90 - 01-14-2013

I am what most of you Californians would call a "hillbilly"
My hobbies include Tractor Pulling, Ridin four wheelers, Pullin plastic snow sleds with four wheelers, blowin stuff up.
The usual Big Grin

RE: Other hobbies. - 300SD81 - 01-15-2013

Electronics, programming, partying and drinking too much... basic college life.

Current project:

[Image: JTlvb.png]

All hand soldered...

RE: Other hobbies. - raysorenson - 01-16-2013

Dreamer of electronic gadgets, usually for engine controls, scope mule. Old air cooled 2 stroke street bikes and scoots. Cycling. Fine dining. Other time wasters that border on being vices.

Have you seen Jiro Dreams of Sushi? As a fan of both fine and affordable sushi, the film opened my eyes as to how 2 simple rolls with the same ingredients can range from good to sublime.

RE: Other hobbies. - winmutt - 01-16-2013

(01-16-2013, 07:42 PM)raysorenson Have you seen Jiro Dreams of Sushi? As a fan of both fine and affordable sushi, the film opened my eyes as to how 2 simple rolls with the same ingredients can range from good to sublime.

I have, the trailer alone required a wet shower.

RE: Other hobbies. - 300SD81 - 01-17-2013

(01-16-2013, 07:42 PM)raysorenson Dreamer of electronic gadgets, usually for engine controls, scope mule. Old air cooled 2 stroke street bikes and scoots. Cycling. Fine dining. Other time wasters that border on being vices.

Have you seen Jiro Dreams of Sushi? As a fan of both fine and affordable sushi, the film opened my eyes as to how 2 simple rolls with the same ingredients can range from good to sublime.

Speaking of scopes... picked up a new toy since the last time I discussed them with someone here.

[Image: vtMhN.jpg]

modded to 100MHz

RE: Other hobbies. - majesty78 - 01-17-2013

[Image: i-like-fucking-in-aus69ycg.png]

*lol*

RE: Other hobbies. - Chuckler3 - 01-17-2013

The internet.... The other 4 hours of the day I spend brewing my own beer, eating sushi (need to start making my own), working on everyone else's car but my own, learning to weld, wood working, and occasionally i can be bothered to throw on my acu's and actually go to work.....

Jiro dreams of sushi was awesome!

RE: Other hobbies. - MFSuper90 - 01-19-2013

(01-17-2013, 01:32 PM)300SD81
(01-16-2013, 07:42 PM)raysorenson Dreamer of electronic gadgets, usually for engine controls, scope mule. Old air cooled 2 stroke street bikes and scoots. Cycling. Fine dining. Other time wasters that border on being vices.

Speaking of scopes... picked up a new toy since the last time I discussed them with someone here.

[Image: vtMhN.jpg]

modded to 100MHz

To me, that thing looks like it came from outerspace... Tongue

RE: Other hobbies. - raysorenson - 01-21-2013

Scopes are getting pretty accessible these days, price-wise. I'm using a teradyne pc based scope used at Ford dealers (not cheap but I have access). The PC part is convenient for screenshots, a great help with long distance collaboration. A friend just got a sub $300 dollar PC scope that will fit in your pants pockets.

RE: Other hobbies. - larsalan - 01-21-2013

I'll be your huckleberry. Wink
My other hobbies are gardening, growing, land management all that stuff.
Constructing, destruction, burning stuff, exploring, and what else? Oh yea! killing beers.
And overall balancing my mind, body and spirit.

RE: Other hobbies. - Simpler=Better - 01-21-2013

Oh yeah, motorcycles. If you get frustrated with your multi-carb bike PM me. They're a PITA but pretty simple once you know what's what.

RE: Other hobbies. - MFSuper90 - 01-22-2013

(01-21-2013, 05:57 PM)Simpler=Better Oh yeah, motorcycles. If you get frustrated with your multi-carb bike PM me. They're a PITA but pretty simple once you know what's what.

Too bad you live so far away, i need to get rid of the 4 carb 82 suzuki parts bike I have lying around. Was gonna put that 550 on a go-cart, but tired of messing with it. Plus i don't have/made a frame yet Tongue