STD
The ticking time bomb thread. - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: The ticking time bomb thread. (/showthread.php?tid=4151)

The ticking time bomb thread. - winmutt - 12-06-2012

My clutch has been acting weird for the last 8 mos, about 6mos after I put in the italian rebuild. Rock Auto had a sale (dont ever miss out on their closeouts) and I picked up a bendix slave and reman master for the price I paid for my remanned failed slave. That was 6 months ago. Today, predictably, the timer ran out and my clutch pedal went right to the floor (in my garage luckily). I had noticed it was leaking 2 weeks ago...

Whats your ticking time bomb?

RE: The ticking time bomb thread. - larsalan - 12-06-2012

Radiator. It's always dripping. One of these days I'll need to replace it with a spare.

RE: The ticking time bomb thread. - Captain America - 12-07-2012

Mine was the head gasket, lol.

First was hard to start.

Then really hard to start.

Then cyl 2 started filling with water.

Starter dies and had to be pull started.

RE: The ticking time bomb thread. - Simpler=Better - 12-07-2012

When you start my truck it sounds like marbles in a blender-not the usual starter->FW grinding noise.

When it's cold it knocks like an old 350...yay piston slap (and 4 minute mandatory idle warmups)

Stock clutch/PP/internal slave. The pedal is almost to the top(worn?). I keep meaning to swap in my upgraded stuff but I just haven't had the time...

Heater blend door(known problem) is definitely busted-the best I can get is lukewarm heat even when she's up to temp (already flushed coolant/new thermostat)

RE: The ticking time bomb thread. - 300SD81 - 12-07-2012

Transmission.. can't get it to stop slipping going into gear, turned up modulator pressure just to drive

I swapped in a 722.4 about last year when my original trans went out because I had one laying around, the weaker trans isn't holding up very well at all. Hopefully I'll get the 722.6 project done before it completely goes out, got a basic controller design working with manual shift only, but need to procure the actual trans.

RE: The ticking time bomb thread. - sassparilla_kid - 12-07-2012

Everything I have not replaced on the car myself.

RE: The ticking time bomb thread. - Captain America - 12-13-2012

(12-07-2012, 03:09 PM)sassparilla_kid Everything I have not replaced on the car myself.

Winner!

I'm right there with yea!

RE: The ticking time bomb thread. - JB3 - 12-15-2012

On my work van, the time bomb is the transmission I've overheated at least 4 times. Slips under heavy load, clunks into gear, but somehow keeps going.

On my vw, the time bomb is definitely the girlfriend. One more violent rattle at idle will probably cause an eruption.

No time bombs on my benz though, benefit of a car that's not actually running.

RE: The ticking time bomb thread. - MFSuper90 - 12-18-2012

My time bomb is a my headgasket and my turbo.

Headgasket leaks out the back of the head

My little garrett has some not so good play side to side and some really really not good play in and out.

Time to redo both time bombs Smile