STD
To wash or not to wash? - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: To wash or not to wash? (/showthread.php?tid=3503)

To wash or not to wash? - lgreeley83 - 04-03-2012

Well guys I had had fun weekend, drunk ass bachelors party on Friday, got married on April fools day. Also got a link an a w115 manifold. Things are great.

So just wondering....i know some of you really love the clean look for the mercedes. Me well my car is a bit more on the fugly side of things. I have developed a decent amount of soot on the bumper.

My question wash the soot off or let it mature?

Also this is a chance to post pics of your soot covered bumpers Big Grin

RE: To wash or not to wash? - sassparilla_kid - 04-03-2012

I say wash the car, everything but the bumper, and let that part mature Cool

RE: To wash or not to wash? - Simpler=Better - 04-03-2012

In the 2 years I owned my 300D, I never washed it. Haven't washed my current DD yet either.

RE: To wash or not to wash? - sassparilla_kid - 04-03-2012

Man 2 years is long time, I can't even go 2 weeks without washing my car lol, its too nice to let it get dirty

RE: To wash or not to wash? - lgreeley83 - 04-03-2012

I have had pretty cars and religously washed polished vacuumed. This car ive got tools all over dirty without worries. And now that i am married no worries about impressions.

RE: To wash or not to wash? - JB3 - 04-03-2012

got married on april fools day? congratulations? Big Grin

seriously, a real congratulations!

I wash my cars all the time, even a shitty shitty shitty jetta that still looks like crap, no matter how many times you wash it. I do it more in the winter for salt and such, but I wash my work van every two weeks or so, nice to have a clean looking legit vehicle.

Even though you are married now, the wife may be worried about her impression on others through association, not your impression on her! Big Grin

"oh, uhhh, hmmm. Yes, thats my husbands car, he likes it."

RE: To wash or not to wash? - lgreeley83 - 04-03-2012

Funny april fools wedding. I got the judge in on it. Had someone call while we were doing vows. He answered his cell phone MID-SERVICE and pretended state was informing him he couldn't do the wedding our papers weren't correct. I even got my wife on that. Removed garter belt with headlamp on and a bag of wrenches crawling under the dress like i was creeping under a car.

(04-03-2012, 04:07 PM)dropnosky got married on april fools day? congratulations? Big Grin

seriously, a real congratulations!

I wash my cars all the time, even a shitty shitty shitty jetta that still looks like crap, no matter how many times you wash it. I do it more in the winter for salt and such, but I wash my work van every two weeks or so, nice to have a clean looking legit vehicle.

Even though you are married now, the wife may be worried about her impression on others through association, not your impression on her! Big Grin

"oh, uhhh, hmmm. Yes, thats my husbands car, he likes it."

Lol shitty shitty shitty. I wash in winter too. salt sucks

and true about impression on others through association. She usually refuses to get in the mercedes. But she recently hinted that the car was starting to grow on her, even the bull bar. Big Grin

RE: To wash or not to wash? - larsalan - 04-03-2012

I kinda hose mine off often. Getting all the leaves and seeds out of the nooks and crannies. But I just went balls out and waxed it for the 1 time this year.

RE: To wash or not to wash? - waz - 04-04-2012

I'm afraid to wash mine. If I do, what's left of the paint might be gone.