STD
My 123 Wagon - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: My 123 Wagon (/showthread.php?tid=336)

My 123 Wagon - MB TECH - 04-27-2009

1983 300TDT

19" CLK Wheels (285/30ZR19 rear) (255/35ZR19 front)

short ram intake with rerouted oil breather

no egr

adjusted IP

4" Cowl induction hood

boost and egt pillar gauges

Grant steering wheel

xenon HID headlights and clear fogs and corners

boost turned up to 22psi

Hydraulic suspension removed[/b]

RE: My 123 Wagon - ForcedInduction - 04-27-2009

Looks good!

However, unless you have rebuilt the pump with larger plungers anything more than 14psi boost is wasting energy.

RE: My 123 Wagon - MB TECH - 04-27-2009

I figured it was around the 15psi area since it stops pulling hard around there, however I was reading up on the rack limiter mod and am probably going to tackle that soon. I have an intercooler off of a newer c class kompressor that will also fit nice for this project.

RE: My 123 Wagon - ForcedInduction - 04-27-2009

Whats going on with the cowl hood?

RE: My 123 Wagon - Kozuka - 04-27-2009

That thing is badass! Big Grin Keep it up.

RE: My 123 Wagon - tantank79 - 04-27-2009

That is sweet!

Do you have any fender clearance issues with those tires and wheels? Were spacers required and if so how thick? Have you deleted the side trim, or simply blacked it out?

Also, what is the story behind removing the SLS?

RE: My 123 Wagon - Kozuka - 04-27-2009

(04-27-2009, 06:31 PM)tantank79 That is sweet!

Do you have any fender clearance issues with those tires and wheels? Were spacers required and if so how thick? Have you deleted the side trim, or simply blacked it out?

You can get a kit that is just springs/shocks but you lose the primo loading capacity of the wagon. Do they sell a SLS pump block-off plate for the 617's how did you manage that?

RE: My 123 Wagon - MB TECH - 04-28-2009

(04-27-2009, 06:03 PM)ForcedInduction Whats going on with the cowl hood?

The cowl hood is mainly for show and evacuating engine heat, the hole on
the under side of the hood is cut out just a tad smaller than the scoop itself, I eventually plan on installing an intercooler and may take advantage of the extra clearance
(04-27-2009, 10:42 PM)Kozuka
(04-27-2009, 06:31 PM)tantank79 That is sweet!

You can get a kit that is just springs/shocks but you lose the primo loading capacity of the wagon. Do they sell a SLS pump block-off plate for the 617's how did you manage that?

I have no problems with fender clearance on these wheels, the only thing I had to do is press in the rear inner wheel wells to tuck the 285 tires in the rear, but if you put 265 30's on the back there would be not problem

as far as the load leveling suspension removal it was due to the number of components that were leaking, I basically only had a good pump and everything else was leaking when I bought the car. So I used sedan rear springs and ordered thicker upper spring bushings from MB and bought some aftermarket shocks. The handling is much better than one with load leveling suspension and it took a little measuring and playing around to get the correct ride height with small shims. And the block off plate for the pump I just made out of some stock steel and paper gasket material for the gasket.

The trim along the entire car is completely eliminated, I spot welded all the holes shut and smoothed them over. I mainly just did that to be different and try something new.

I also forgot to mention in the description that I have a side exhaust on the driver side, both factory mufflers are eliminated and in place of those is a Moroso noise cancelation muffler. It sounds really good, the only downfall is the black smoke gets the left rear wheel dirty pretty quick.

RE: My 123 Wagon - winmutt - 04-28-2009

What did you do with the old pump?

(04-28-2009, 07:17 AM)winmutt What did you do with the old pump?

I still have it in case I come across someone who needs one

RE: My 123 Wagon - winmutt - 04-28-2009

(04-28-2009, 07:27 AM)MB TECH
(04-28-2009, 07:17 AM)winmutt What did you do with the old pump?

I still have it in case I come across someone who needs one

I like to stock up. PM me a price you have in mind.

RE: My 123 Wagon - Kozuka - 04-28-2009

I dunno, I like the "planted" feel of the SLS, Mine doesn't leak until I jack it up, but then let it flow!