STD
Datsun Z cars anybody?? - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Non MBZ Diesel (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Datsun Z cars anybody?? (/showthread.php?tid=3209)

Datsun Z cars anybody?? - sassparilla_kid - 12-30-2011

Not Mercedes OR diesel lol, but I have a '78 Datsun 280Z my aunt gave me about 6 or 7 years ago and its basically just been sitting since about 1992 or so, and as much as I like driving the Mercedes I think a little more speed and sportiness would be fun once in a while Wink. I know the car had some gas in it when it was parked so removing/replacing the tank is a must, along with all fluids/belts/hoses/etc. but I was just wondering if anybody else has any experience with them and if so is there anything special I should know??

Thanks!

Oh btw the reason she stopped driving it was because she wanted to drive her mercedes more lol

RE: Datsun Z cars anybody?? - srbsmartie - 12-30-2011

I had a 1981 280zx 2+2 back in the early 90's, it was a fun car to drive, not so fun to work on. The forward tilting hood was unique and cool at first but not so great for having to work at the front of the engine. Smooth running engine and light weight made a great combination. I wouldn't mind having another one, when funds allow. I can't remember any specifics that might help you but I wouldn't mind seeing a few pictures when you get some time.

RE: Datsun Z cars anybody?? - sassparilla_kid - 12-30-2011

Pictures will come once I take some lol, the main reasons I want to finally fix it up are because it has a 5 speed, it goes faster, 2 seats so no I can't give everybody and their extended family member a ride, and hopefully girls will be more impressed than they are with the mercedes Tongue. Also it would be nice to have an extra ride if I decide to start and then not imediately finish projects with the mercedes

RE: Datsun Z cars anybody?? - disarrae - 01-07-2012

That is a cool car! They really are fun to drive although, I hate to burger your bubble, but it's pretty rare to get chicks with a car, even a Z car Smile despite what the media tells you.

RE: Datsun Z cars anybody?? - larsalan - 01-07-2012

You can get chicks with a car. But not an old one, they'll be looking at how much $ it cost you Wink

RE: Datsun Z cars anybody?? - willbhere4u - 01-07-2012

240z with turbo om606 Big Grin

It depends on the kind of girls your trying to attract keep away form the one looking for expensive cars it never ends well!

as far as attracting girls I had a old 1965 fintail Benz in high school it was a great conversation starter but that was about as far as I usually got!

RE: Datsun Z cars anybody?? - sassparilla_kid - 01-08-2012

Im mostly looking forward to two seats and a five speed, if girls come its a plus, if not then oh well at least I can go fast and look cool doin it, whereas the mercedes just looks cool doin whatever speed it feels like getting up to that day lol

RE: Datsun Z cars anybody?? - disarrae - 01-09-2012

I love the Z cars, oooooh the new ones are a hoot to drive. The faster you go the better they handle. Unfortunately they have more will power than I have self control, thus I can not own one. But I'm not your average chick either . . .

RE: Datsun Z cars anybody?? - Hario' - 09-11-2015

You can't fit many hookers in the boot of a Datsun Z, but you might like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcjC00J8FaM

(12-30-2011, 02:23 AM)sassparilla_kid Not Mercedes OR diesel lol, but I have a '78 Datsun 280Z my aunt gave me about 6 or 7 years ago and its basically just been sitting since about 1992 or so, and as much as I like driving the Mercedes I think a little more speed and sportiness would be fun once in a while Wink. I know the car had some gas in it when it was parked so removing/replacing the tank is a must, along with all fluids/belts/hoses/etc. but I was just wondering if anybody else has any experience with them and if so is there anything special I should know??

Thanks!

Oh btw the reason she stopped driving it was because she wanted to drive her mercedes more lol

RE: Datsun Z cars anybody?? - CRD4x4 - 09-11-2015

(01-09-2012, 09:51 PM)disarrae I love the Z cars, oooooh the new ones are a hoot to drive.  The faster you go the better they handle.  Unfortunately they have more will power than I have self control, thus I can not own one.  But I'm not your average chick either . . .

I didn't know we had any "chicks" on STD!
You're obviously not average Cool
Now that you mention it, I can see that you've got some junk in you're trunk  Angel

RE: Datsun Z cars anybody?? - MFSuper90 - 09-11-2015

Lol^^

I didn't know disarrae was still around. I remember some threads started about racing her car a good while ago, but never heard much from them since.
Good to know your still lurking out there!

RE: Datsun Z cars anybody?? - EmJay - 09-12-2015

Z cars are a blast! Wish I had one from the 70s