STD
Sun Roof will not close at high speed - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Maintenance (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Sun Roof will not close at high speed (/showthread.php?tid=3103)

Sun Roof will not close at high speed - serverman777 - 11-08-2011

So my sunroof will not close at highway speeds (60-80). It will open but not close all the way, it gets to a point were its about a inch from being all the way closed then just stops. Im having this issue on a '84 300 SD w126. But who knows it might be doing this by design.

RE: Sun Roof will not close at high speed - Greazzer - 11-08-2011

Mine did something similar. I took a can of white litheam grease and lubricated the rail where it rides. Moves a lot quicker and no issues. However, I am going to a manual sun roof in my next MB. ..... my present one is totaled.

RE: Sun Roof will not close at high speed - serverman777 - 11-08-2011

(11-08-2011, 01:31 PM)Greazzer Mine did something similar. I took a can of white litheam grease and lubricated the rail where it rides. Moves a lot quicker and no issues. However, I am going to a manual sun roof in my next MB. ..... my present one is totaled.

Now I think about it one of the control arms (passenger side) is broken and just sitting there, would that have anything to do with that. Its the one that is contacted to the black flapper thing.

RE: Sun Roof will not close at high speed - Greazzer - 11-08-2011

It could. I don't think mine was broken --just added some grease and it doubled in speed. There's a kit out there to replace the springs for the black flapper thing as well as other parts. Not too expensive. There was a pretty long write up on Peach Parts with lots of pic's. ... my bad ... should not mention PP on this forum. Not sure why it causes such a commotion, but might get some flack. LOL

Hope this helps.

RE: Sun Roof will not close at high speed - iheartboost - 11-08-2011

this reminds me. i need to take a look at mine... stuipd thing broke

I got a parts car if you need one of those arm things Smile

oh do you? Big Grin

yea i was thinking about doing that actually. just buying an 300e and swapping my motor into it. (provided the 300e was in good condition)

What I want is a 500 SEC with a om606 Wink But thats a different story.

haha. i would love to get my hands on a 606. but w210s cost around 8k here and i got my 603 for $700. with a free car! lol

A buddy of mine found a guy parting out a w210 and he just wanted 3500 for the complet running 606.