STD
Squeak from hell - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Maintenance (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Squeak from hell (/showthread.php?tid=2985)

Squeak from hell - MFSuper90 - 09-21-2011

The passenger front suspension squeaks like there is no tomorrow. I have put penetrating oil on everything that moves, and it wont go away!

thanks in advance,
Eric

RE: Squeak from hell - larsalan - 09-21-2011

Control arm bushings?

RE: Squeak from hell - iheartboost - 09-21-2011

yea mine squeeks too... oh well lol ill get around to fixing it eventually.

as long as it dosent bind and break my shit im fine lol

RE: Squeak from hell - MFSuper90 - 09-21-2011

(09-21-2011, 07:25 PM)larsalan Control arm bushings?

I looked at them, and it could very possibly be them. But the didnt look to bad, not like that means anything tho.

Thanks alot Smile

RE: Squeak from hell - larsalan - 09-22-2011

Mine was squeaking were the bolt goes through the upper bushings. Could never see that was a problem because it's conciled in the control arm.
Also takes a while to swap them out because you have to move a few nuts and boltstp get in there.
Might could spray some wd40 with a straw in there and diagnose an issue.

RE: Squeak from hell - Captain America - 09-22-2011

Doesn't that UCA bolt rust to hell? I remember seeing that on a Mercedes Source video.... Might want to check that before it breaks!

RE: Squeak from hell - larsalan - 09-22-2011

Mine the bolt was just some rust on the surface but the rubber and metal of the bushing was pretty well disintegrated.
There's a pic of it in my first car thread here.
[Image: IMG_0246.jpg]
That car also made a clonk more than a sqweak. Maybe your problem too, maybe not.

RE: Squeak from hell - winmutt - 09-23-2011

I assume you can make it squeek by bouncing on it? Support LCA and see if it still squeeks (takes balljoint out of equation). I assume you have verified its not the LCA strut support bearing on firewall (sound would be on firewall not front part).

RE: Squeak from hell - JB3 - 09-23-2011

(09-23-2011, 10:03 AM)winmutt I assume you can make it squeek by bouncing on it? Support LCA and see if it still squeeks (takes balljoint out of equation). I assume you have verified its not the LCA strut support bearing on firewall (sound would be on firewall not front part).

x2. when is it happening?

I had the bed spring squeak every time I turned the wheel or went over a bump. Turned out to be a dry lower ball joint that was still tight, so I pushed axle grease up under the boot and it took care of it until I sold the car 30,000 miles later.

RE: Squeak from hell - MFSuper90 - 09-25-2011

Yeah i can make it squeak by bouncing on the passenger side up and down. it seems to be near the LCA, so is it a good possibility that it could use a new set of rubber bushings? 208,xxx... and i dont think much of anything has been replaced. (besides regular maintenence)

RE: Squeak from hell - larsalan - 09-25-2011

When I put the UCA bushings in they needed to be ground down about 1mm or so. Just a heads up. I tried to fight them in place for about 30 min before coming to that conclusion but, ymmv.

RE: Squeak from hell - w123love - 09-25-2011

I agree with the control arm bushings diagnosis. I really thought it was a squeaky shock too. About month ago I replaced the control arm and the old bushings just fell apart. Squeak for me no longer.