STD
Taxi dash - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Body Mods (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Taxi dash (/showthread.php?tid=297)

Taxi dash - ForcedInduction - 03-28-2009

Does anybody know of a source and cost? I need a place to mount 4-8 gauges within eye movement range and all I can find is crappy little 3 gauge dash pods like I have in my 240.

RE: Taxi dash - lowriderdog37 - 03-29-2009

I don't know, but it would be damn nice to have that kind of display room right there.

RE: Taxi dash - DeliveryValve - 03-29-2009

I always thought they were custom made dashes.

Looking at the parts picture, I guess not.

I would think you probably could fabricate something similar to an existing dash. The vents came out I believe a w126.

RE: Taxi dash - theboys_dad - 03-30-2009

I found the parts list for for that picture, I'm going to have the guys in parts see if these parts are available here in the U.S.

RE: Taxi dash - winmutt - 03-30-2009

Check Classic Parts, they will always be cheaper than the dealer.

RE: Taxi dash - Section106 - 04-18-2009

Has anyone found out anything on this? I would really like to put that dash in my 300CD with a touch screen DVD/CD/SAT unit. I've been wondering how I was going to fit it all but that would solve all my problems!

RE: Taxi dash - svammlet - 06-22-2009

(04-18-2009, 01:17 AM)Section106 Has anyone found out anything on this? I would really like to put that dash in my 300CD with a touch screen DVD/CD/SAT unit. I've been wondering how I was going to fit it all but that would solve all my problems!

i have a 300d Limousine, with the taxi interior, the 7" tft fits perfectly =) gl finding one. pretty uncommon even over here... and i think that you possibly have to change the "heater?", its not all the same connections and shit.

RE: Taxi dash - winmutt - 06-22-2009

Where is over here?

Taxi dashes are still avail from MB. Call classic parts.

RE: Taxi dash - JB3 - 01-21-2010

Is the whole center console a lot wider as well, or do my eyes deceive me?

Looks segmented and bigger

RE: Taxi dash - willbhere4u - 01-21-2010

That is a nice looking steering wheel!

RE: Taxi dash - charmalu - 01-22-2010

I came across this one summer before last. Didn`t know what it was.

It was a 6 cyl gasser with a large hole in the block, and showed about 103,000 on the odo.
wish I had pulled the 4 spd, shifter etc... was thinking later, the front drive shaft might have worked for my 4-spd swap.

Charlie

RE: Taxi dash - winmutt - 01-22-2010

Nice racing pedals!

RE: Taxi dash - willbhere4u - 01-22-2010

maybe a euro 230E????
That would look really cool to cut out the fake vents mount some gauges in the pocket behind the lid but still let the thing open/close with out interference but you could always see the stationary gauges weather it was open or closed!