STD
M pump - Now with a new question! - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: M pump - Now with a new question! (/showthread.php?tid=263)

M pump - Now with a new question! - Section106 - 03-05-2009

Does anyone know the Bosch part number for an M pump that will fit the 617? I searched but didn't find anything. (Yes I know that's no excuse, sorry!)

RE: M pump Bosch part number? - tomnik - 03-06-2009

Hi,

non-turbo? What year? Auto tranny?

Tom

(03-05-2009, 11:11 PM)Section106 Does anyone know the Bosch part number for an M pump that will fit the 617? I searched but didn't find anything. (Yes I know that's no excuse, sorry!)

RE: M pump Bosch part number? - ForcedInduction - 03-06-2009

Here is the one on my m-pump, manual transmission.

RE: M pump Bosch part number? - Section106 - 03-06-2009

I ask because a diesel shop said they'd check with Bosch for price and availablity but they need the part number.

However, I went to a local junk yard and as I was leaving I spotted a 300D in bad shape. It had euro bumpers (bent to heck), manual A/C controls, velour panels on the doors, manual windows, and an automatic tranny. I didn't get a chance to pop the hood as I had to leave to get back across the water for an appointment for my daughter. Am I right to assume that this 300D is a euro car with an M pump?

I called the junk yard on my way back home and he quoted me $250 with an exchange.

Should I buy this pump (if its an M), put it on my 300CD and wait to get the money for a Myna modification or should I just wait to get the money to buy one outright from Myna? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

RE: M pump Bosch part number? - winmutt - 03-06-2009

(03-06-2009, 09:32 PM)Section106 I ask because a diesel shop said they'd check with Bosch for price and availablity but they need the part number.

However, I went to a local junk yard and as I was leaving I spotted a 300D in bad shape. It had euro bumpers (bent to heck), manual A/C controls, velour panels on the doors, manual windows, and an automatic tranny. I didn't get a chance to pop the hood as I had to leave to get back across the water for an appointment for my daughter. Am I right to assume that this 300D is a euro car with an M pump?

I called the junk yard on my way back home and he quoted me $250 with an exchange.

Should I buy this pump (if its an M), put it on my 300CD and wait to get the money for a Myna modification or should I just wait to get the money to buy one outright from Myna? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
$250? Christ find a better junkyard! $250 would buy the pump engine and most of the rest of the car at pullapart.com

RE: M pump Bosch part number? - ForcedInduction - 03-07-2009

No kidding, I wouldn't go back there with prices like that! I can get a complete engine for $130 at junkyards around here.

You need to give Myna a pump for them to rebuild, you can't buy one outright.

RE: M pump Bosch part number? - Section106 - 03-07-2009

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep looking.

RE: M pump Bosch part number? - ForcedInduction - 03-08-2009

Here is a video I found of an OM602 running with a 617's MW-Pump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3CFRhp0HI0&NR=1

If it can work that way I don't see why it can't work the other way. Although that is the 2.9L engine that used a rotary injection pump originally, I don't know what differences there may be.

RE: M pump Bosch part number? - Section106 - 03-12-2009

I found one! Waiting for it to arrive from Florida! Now I just need the $1000 for the Myna mod. And an intercooler, and a VGT, and a rebuilt tranny, and maybe an engine rebuild, and a paint job, and new interior, etc......

Edit for new question - I just recieved my M pump in the mail from lutzTD on the mercedesshop forum. My question is should I pull the throttle linkages from a Euro N/A 300 to include any mounting brackets from the valve cover or would fabbing something be simpler. It's going to take a while for me to come up with the funds to turn my 300CD into a ST but I plan on copying what bkgast did with his A/W intercooler. So I just have the Myna modified M pump on one side of the engine with the turbo and intercooler on the other side. What do y'all think?