STD
how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? (/showthread.php?tid=2522)

how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - 300SD_KY - 04-16-2011

how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer?

The test:

Is green fuel (100% biodiesel) ... which is not only pollution free (almost!), but also smooth enough to balance a full half liter glass of beer on the running engine.

Standard disclaimer: no small-batch, hand-crafted beer was harmed in this test.

Vehicle: 1979 Mercedes Benz Turbo Diesel. Yes, a 32 year old car.

Fuel: 100% Piedmont Fuels Biodiesel

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=-t1iWYBGy0o

Winds: running in Louisville, Kentucky from SW at 15mph gusting to 21mph (12:45pm on Saturday, April 16th, 2011).

Cheers from Ludwigstadt, Kentucky

Christian

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - dieselboy - 04-16-2011

When I'm running wvo/diesel mix I could do that.

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - 300SD_KY - 04-17-2011

smells a whole lot better than #2

... faint bouquet de melted crayon than charred dinosaur soup.

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - garage - 04-17-2011

Jesse you run wvo too??

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - willbhere4u - 04-17-2011

I don't know about that I love the Dinosaur soup smell!

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - mike-81-240d - 04-17-2011

I like the smell of number two. Wink Maybe B5 too.

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - garage - 04-17-2011

Ill admit the smell of burning wvo makes me kinda sick.
I much prefer the smell of diesel.

Onetime Captain America was sitting in my old 240d idleing and he says somthing along the lines of "Man i really like the smell of these 4cylinders"
I had a full tank of wvo hahaha

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - winmutt - 04-18-2011

It helps when you dont have complete combustion Big Grin

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - Captain America - 04-18-2011

(04-17-2011, 05:22 PM)garage Ill admit the smell of burning wvo makes me kinda sick.
I much prefer the smell of diesel.

Onetime Captain America was sitting in my old 240d idleing and he says somthing along the lines of "Man i really like the smell of these 4cylinders"
I had a full tank of wvo hahaha

Yeah your and Stan's both smelled good!

Kinda like when I fill up my Sprint with E85.... Smells so bomb! I will lay under the car where the exhaust dumps ... People come up to me and are like WTF is that smell? haha

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - 300D50 - 04-18-2011

(04-18-2011, 02:13 PM)Captain America I will lay under the car where the exhaust dumps ...

Must be all the fumes went to your head...Tongue

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - Captain America - 04-18-2011

Definitely Efff'ed me up, that's for sure!

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - 300D50 - 04-19-2011

I TOLD you not to run your car on hemp oil, but did you listen?, nope, you just power-toked the damn exhaust!![Image: icon_mrgreen.gif]

RE: how smooth is your engine ... enough to balance a full 1/2 liter glass of beer? - Captain America - 04-19-2011

Hahaha!