STD
Hi - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Hi (/showthread.php?tid=2327)

Hi - Imaginos - 03-01-2011

Hi guys

Long time lurker here... Forgot how I found this board TBH, but it's great. Lots of very useful information around here.

I'm from Croatia and I own 1981 300TD Turbodiesel.

RE: Hi - garage - 03-01-2011

COOL!

What kind of mods do you have/have planned for your TD?
Or are you keeping her stock and classy?

Welcome.

RE: Hi - JB3 - 03-01-2011

welcome to the forum!

RE: Hi - Captain America - 03-01-2011

Booost!

RE: Hi - Imaginos - 03-01-2011

Thanks for the welcome guys.

(03-01-2011, 10:12 AM)garage What kind of mods do you have/have planned for your TD?

It's mostly stock, and for the times being it will remain that way (I like it stock). Previous owner (I'm 3rd owner) did however mount 4 speed to it. The only thing that I did change is put on 16" BBS Mahle rims (exactly like these), very pretty rims if you ask me. Smile

Car is just under 100 000 miles, mechanically is very sound, but bit rough around the edges, which I am taking care of at this moment.

Also I think I found 5 speed Getrag, prop-shaft included, but will know for sure this Sunday. If it turns out it's from 230E (although guy swears it's from 300D) I will stick with 4 speed for now. Maybe later I'll see if I can find Getrag 265 (extremely sturdy gearbox from either E23 or E28 BMW) that has removable bell-housing, and manufacture an adapter for bell-housing from earlier flat-back gearbox.

RE: Hi - Captain America - 03-01-2011

Sounds good. Please post pictures!

RE: Hi - Imaginos - 03-02-2011

Will do. Wink

RE: Hi - garage - 03-02-2011

(03-01-2011, 05:13 PM)Imaginos Thanks for the welcome guys.

(03-01-2011, 10:12 AM)garage What kind of mods do you have/have planned for your TD?

It's mostly stock, and for the times being it will remain that way (I like it stock). Previous owner (I'm 3rd owner) did however mount 4 speed to it. The only thing that I did change is put on 16" BBS Mahle rims (exactly like these), very pretty rims if you ask me. Smile

Car is just under 100 000 miles, mechanically is very sound, but bit rough around the edges, which I am taking care of at this moment.

Also I think I found 5 speed Getrag, prop-shaft included, but will know for sure this Sunday. If it turns out it's from 230E (although guy swears it's from 300D) I will stick with 4 speed for now. Maybe later I'll see if I can find Getrag 265 (extremely sturdy gearbox from either E23 or E28 BMW) that has removable bell-housing, and manufacture an adapter for bell-housing from earlier flat-back gearbox.

I miss my stick shift benz! Dont ever get rid of it! Youll regret it!
Undecided

Will the 5speed from the 230 fit?
I thought somthing(like the starter?) was on the wrong side and got in the way?

RE: Hi - Imaginos - 03-02-2011

(03-02-2011, 10:44 AM)garage Will the 5speed from the 230 fit?
I thought somthing(like the starter?) was on the wrong side and got in the way?

Nope, it wont fit. It has starter on the left side, as opposing to the right side on the OM615/6/7.

I did find a 5 speed previously, the guy selling it told me over the phone it's from 300D, and when I went to see it it had starter on the left side... Sigh Rolleyes Fingers crossed the one I found now has starter on the right side, will check it out on Sunday.

I guess it's just tiny bit easier to find 5 speed manual in Europe.