STD
Diesel Power Mag is considering a DP Challenge for cars - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Open (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Diesel Power Mag is considering a DP Challenge for cars (/showthread.php?tid=1930)

Diesel Power Mag is considering a DP Challenge for cars - ForcedInduction - 11-03-2010

dieselpower@sorc.com

RE: Diesel Power Mag is considering a DP Challenge for cars - HoleshotHolset - 11-03-2010

That would be very cool.

I've owned 3 TDI's over the years, but there's only so much you can do to those little 1.9L 8-valve industrial engines. An OM605/606 powered rig with a few tweaks would put a big hurt on just about any TDI out there.

The Editor in Chief of Diesel World magazine (Kevin Wilson) is MUCH more open to the idea of diesel cars (and damn near anything with a diesel in it) - I'd suggest getting in touch with him. Diesel Power is still pretty much focused on 8-lug trucks.

RE: Diesel Power Mag is considering a DP Challenge for cars - garage - 11-03-2010

I think everyone on this site(everyone who cares(that means you)) should send in pictures and stats on there Benz to show them what kind of following is out there!!

RE: Diesel Power Mag is considering a DP Challenge for cars - HoleshotHolset - 11-03-2010

My rustbucket isn't in show or race shape these days...I'll at least wait until it has more go than show then send in pics/video. Smile

RE: Diesel Power Mag is considering a DP Challenge for cars - E300TSC - 11-03-2010

Yeah, I got an email from one of their editors about the E300. I had to tell him it's nothing to talk about now. Maybe next Spring...

RE: Diesel Power Mag is considering a DP Challenge for cars - garage - 11-03-2010

I feel the same way about my car guys!...Sad
My daily driver is nothing to talk about by anymeans, with its FAIR share of rust and quite a few gremlins to work out i definetly dont see it making it into a magazine BUT, if enough people sent in pics and stats of there diesel Benz, SOMONE there might realize.. "Hey, there is a fair amount of people into these machines, lets look into this a little more!"
They may not pick one of OUR cars but, wouldnt it be cool to see a few issues featuring a w123 with om617 power, or maybe that dude from Finlands drifting wagon..or Rudolfs engine!!!!!
They just need to see some intrest...exactly what that dude did, Do you think his Volvo with VeeDub power is SUPER clean and perfect? Maybe..but probly not, im sure it has its fair share of little things wrong with it..Just like most of us! Just like most of the readers of the magazines!..just everyday people with cars that they are TRYING to make better or perfect..hotrods if you will..
IMO..

RE: Diesel Power Mag is considering a DP Challenge for cars - jonbobshinigin - 11-03-2010

Although once everyone else gets into it, it will no longer be unique, and we will lose interest :-)

Probably not...but I do love the fact that my wagon is unique...and then having one eventually that is eventually 300HP or so is even moreso!

I know what you mean!
Im afraid of that too..or actually im just afraid parts prices going skyy highh..

RE: Diesel Power Mag is considering a DP Challenge for cars - muuris - 11-04-2010

(11-03-2010, 06:57 AM)HoleshotHolset I've owned 3 TDI's over the years, but there's only so much you can do to those little 1.9L 8-valve industrial engines. An OM605/606 powered rig with a few tweaks would put a big hurt on just about any TDI out there.

How about this then? Those little industrial engines have given more than 300hp..

RE: Diesel Power Mag is considering a DP Challenge for cars - willbhere4u - 11-04-2010

That's almost as good as some of the N/A k24 civic engines that make 300hp with out any boost