STD
Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Body Mods (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? (/showthread.php?tid=1880)

Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - JB3 - 10-20-2010

Id like to get a set of actual hub centric 5mm spacers and retire the random spacers Ive used in the past. Can anyone recommend a good place to get wheel spacers? This would be for a 123 chassis, and also maybe a 115 chassis

RE: Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - 300D50 - 10-21-2010

Get me a full set of dimensions and what material you want them in, pay cost of material, and a small bit for time, and I can get you a set. Wink

RE: Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - Joe Reitman - 09-10-2011

are you still making spacers? thanks

RE: Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - iheartboost - 09-11-2011

Ichiba makes good hub centric spacers. But to be honest I got a set off of ebay and they were pretty well manufactured. Good metal grade 8 bolts etc.

RE: Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - Joe Reitman - 09-12-2011

Thanks. Recall the ebAy seller?

RE: Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - iheartboost - 09-12-2011

yea actually it was optionselects im not 100% sure its grade 8 for the bolts but im sure you could put some in if you really wanted to. but they worked well for me.

RE: Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - Joe Reitman - 09-12-2011

Thanks

RE: Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - capflya - 09-13-2011

The front spacers might be an issue... just beware when you buy some that the ID must be correct or they wont slide in all the way.

I got 15mm spacers off of craigslist from a guy local for $20-25 each I think and they work great in the rear. The fronts I went the way of "adding ET" like another member and put washers with longer bolts on the steering arms to space it in towards the middle of the car so that way you have room for the wheels.

RE: Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - iheartboost - 09-13-2011

also. make sure that there is space for the lugnuts to stick out. other wise youll be in for a unhappy ending.

RE: Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - Joe Reitman - 09-14-2011

thanks- fronts should be just right since rears went on with tire sidewall of new 215/45-17 tires at same distance from fenderwell as 205/50-14 were.
want 25 mm or so spacers for them to bring tire closer to fender.

Fronts should be just right after i get them back from machine shop - they are opening up the outside edge of hub section of rim to 63.1 mm. the long/deep front hub ended up being an advantage in order to make these particular konig wheels hub centric.

the brake rotor and hub assembly is of course 66.6 mm right at the surface where wheel mates to hub- but it tapers down to 63.1 as you move out toward the dust cap. so the 63.1 mm area will make the wheels hub centric. hope this makes sense...

bottom line i still need the spacers in back, and longer studs unless i get the type spacer that bolts to hub and has separate studs for wheel

RE: Hub Centric wheel spacers, where to buy? - winmutt - 09-14-2011

I went through this, its just better to buy the right offset from the get go.