STD
OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Tuning (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Engine (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements (/showthread.php?tid=1822)

OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - gen3performance - 10-06-2010

I am kicking around the idea of installing larger elements in the IP on my 99 E300TD. I would like to keep the electronic IP control and transmission control.

How does one go about this? Can I buy software to reflash the ECM myself? Or is there a shop that can install larger elements and reflash the ECM as a bolt in set up?

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - E300TSC - 10-06-2010

I'm in the middle of this project myself. The 7mm elements are a drop-in and any competent shop should be able to install them. Member "Derv Tuning" is also experimenting with this mod here in the states.

The 7mm elements alone are worth quite a lot of power without a chip change in the ECU but it remains to be seen whether the ECU will tolerate the increased power without throwing a code of some sort.

BTW, these ECU's still have a removable chip that has to be programmed and physically installed rather than a re-flash.

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - gen3performance - 10-07-2010

Great information!

Do you have a source/pricing on the 7mm drop in elements?

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - E300TSC - 10-07-2010

Contact member "tomnik". He provided mine.

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - joediesel - 10-11-2010

Any further developments?

What is the verdict on swapping in 7mm or 7.5mm elements? Did the car go into limp mode?

Also What is the word on the standalone ecu?? If it's complete it would create a huge jump in performance using the electronic pump! As far as I know it sounds like the merc equivalent of EFI Live for the duramax.

Please any information would be greatly appreciated

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - gen3performance - 10-14-2010

Is it correct that the ECU controlls the transmission behavior as well in these cars?

If it does, what is the most likely problem that will occur in the computer with larger elements? It would have to be a conflict between the accel pedal and other engine sensors...but what other sensors? MAF, MAP, and tach? Curious...

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - INC - 10-14-2010

~ 1 week my G300TD running with Tomnik 7.5 elements. Its works fine even with original ecu soft. I give more fuel, and rise boost, but original turbo is too small Sad.

Now working on turbo upgrade.

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - George3soccer - 10-14-2010

Yes that 606 turbo is quite small, with those elements. Hahaha please do keep us updated.

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - jeemu - 10-14-2010

With 7mm elements and original ecu, it works, but cant really say at it works fine. It need s a re program and if it done one a dyno it will be good and then we can say at engine works fine.

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - E300TSC - 10-14-2010

(10-14-2010, 03:33 PM)INC ~ 1 week my G300TD running with Tomnik 7.5 elements. Its works fine even with original ecu soft. I give more fuel, and rise boost, but original turbo is too small Sad.

So, the throttle does not seem too sensitive with the larger elements?

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - INC - 10-15-2010

(10-14-2010, 08:34 PM)E300TSC
(10-14-2010, 03:33 PM)INC ~ 1 week my G300TD running with Tomnik 7.5 elements. Its works fine even with original ecu soft. I give more fuel, and rise boost, but original turbo is too small Sad.

So, the throttle does not seem too sensitive with the larger elements?

No, with original soft its no visible smoke, and throttle response is OK.

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - E300TSC - 10-15-2010

Thanks, it's good to know!

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - gen3performance - 10-15-2010

That is very good to know!

Does it still govern at the same rpm with the stock ecu?

RE: OM606 computer tuning and larger IP elements - erio - 12-19-2015

Im curious on progress.
How the car behaves with bigger elements and turbo with stock ecu?
Did you do the remap? Where how. Contact i fo to the guy thay dod it for you please.