STD
IP Drip Tube - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Maintenance (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Forum: General (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: IP Drip Tube (/showthread.php?tid=1777)

IP Drip Tube - Captain America - 09-27-2010

Ok, So I've looked around and can't seem to find a place to buy one. I'd rather buy one made, like the one I've seen from El Paso Tool, then destroy a whole line to make one.... Where do you get one now?

RE: IP Drip Tube - Rudolf_Diesel - 09-27-2010

(09-27-2010, 09:50 AM)Captain America Ok, So I've looked around and can't seem to find a place to buy one. I'd rather buy one made, like the one I've seen from El Paso Tool, then destroy a whole line to make one.... Where do you get one now?

I have one you can borrow, I made it from an old line I got from the junkyard.

RE: IP Drip Tube - Captain America - 09-27-2010

Thanks for the offer Rudolf, I may take you up on that but I would really like to have one to keep for myself... IP adjustment with the tube seems so easy and since idk how stretched my timing chain is I think I will be doing it more than once or twice. Seems like a job that only take a couple minutes...

RE: IP Drip Tube - ForcedInduction - 09-27-2010

Do like he did, make one from a junkyard line. Bonus points if you make one out of a line some rat mutilated getting to the injectors/glowplugs.

RE: IP Drip Tube - Captain America - 09-27-2010

Ha, it would cost me more to make the trip plus entry fees and all that garbage. Otherwise I would

RE: IP Drip Tube - BRABUS - 09-28-2010

(09-27-2010, 06:48 PM)Captain America Ha, it would cost me more to make the trip plus entry fees and all that garbage. Otherwise I would

Hello
Can someone pleas post a pick of a IP drip tube? I want to make my ownSmile

RE: IP Drip Tube - Captain America - 09-28-2010

Rudolf is sending me one! Thanks dude!

RE: IP Drip Tube - totaldisaster - 09-29-2010

You could just use a regular inj line.

the pointy tip helps reduce the tendency of a drip to stick to a tube.... but drip timing timing isn't exactly accurate anyhow.

RE: IP Drip Tube - Captain America - 09-29-2010

Well its the most accurate way to time the ip especially if you need or want to advance it further than stock right? Or is there a better more accurate way? Not looking to spend a million dollars here....

RE: IP Drip Tube - totaldisaster - 09-29-2010

there are more accurate ways... but not really necessary. Mechanical diesels have been done this way for a very long time.

if you had a new / rebuilt engine or maybe some heavy upgrades like turbo and fuel, then I might want to use a luminosity probe. Or the Other MB methods that require special tools.

I am quite satisfied with drip timing since I advance it slightly beyond factory anyway.

RE: IP Drip Tube - Captain America - 09-29-2010

Yeah I totally forgot to check timing chain stretch when I adjusted the valves but I would like to ahead and see were it is and then set it @ 26 degrees.... im hoping that this will help the grey smoke issue and depending on where the timing is at now may also help the starting issue as I have eliminated all electrical possibilities.

RE: IP Drip Tube - Captain America - 10-01-2010

Yeah, Got A drip Tube from Rudolf! Thank you sir.

RE: IP Drip Tube - bricktron - 11-05-2013

how to reproduce this? ... is the design published somewhere? is it as simple as an overhand bend with an aperture of a certain diameter?

RE: IP Drip Tube - Simpler=Better - 11-05-2013

(11-05-2013, 02:35 AM)bricktron how to reproduce this? ... is the design published somewhere? is it as simple as an overhand bend with an aperture of a certain diameter?

I have had good luck using an old injector line from a 60's allis chalmers, bent and cut similarly to the one in the photo.

After timing, run the engine-if it knocks you're too far advanced. If it smokes, lugs, and has high EGTs you're too far retarded

RE: IP Drip Tube - sassparilla_kid - 11-05-2013

Yeah I just grabbed a couple lines from the junkyard, bent, and cut.