STD
1981 300SD - Printable Version

+- STD (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std)
+-- Forum: Other (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://www.superturbodiesel.com/std/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: 1981 300SD (/showthread.php?tid=1002)

1981 300SD - 300SD81 - 01-05-2010

Purchased from original owner in AZ with 135K on the clock and driven back to GA the summer after my senior year of highschool. Been a daily driver since.

Needs an engine swap, have a spare in the garage that I'm gonna do all the engine mods to. Just gonna drive this one till it blows.

MODS:

EGR Disabled

ALDA Removed

Boost Gauge

Staight Pipes - chopped the resonators and muffler, welded autozone pipes in their place.

Laser Interceptor - police laser jammer. Received as a Christmas present after drooling over it for months. Saved me from at least 50 tickets now.

AL129X - 115 amp alternator

Trailer Hitch - Home made from angle channels and square tubing + Harbor Freight receiver. Passed the "pull test" - tied the hitch to a tree and floored it, didn't budge...

Sound System - Infinity Reference 6432CF x4 all around, driven with a 1000W Sony Xplod amp. "Aux out" jack in the trunk under the amp for connecting huge tailgating speakers (also disconnects main speakers so they don't blow when I turn the amp up). 2x Boss BASS1500s velcrod to the rear shelf (easily removed and hidden..).

On Board Air - Foxxair 100% duty compressor and a removable 7 gallon tank in the trunk. Train horn mounted under front bumper.

Plans:

GT2256V - Sitting for over a year, electronic controls are functional at the moment, but require the presence of a laptop. Need adapter plate.

Intercooler - Want to put an A/W IC in once the VNT is... The ones on ebay look like they'd fit pretty good in a W126 and still let me keep the stock air filter.

New IP - Have an '85 MW pump (thanks winmutt) sitting in my apartment waiting for a good cleaning. Hoping that the 8mm element buy works out...

RE: 1981 300SD - 300SD81 - 03-21-2011

Finally got to taking a couple pictures... shes pretty dirty from driving to PCB and back.

RE: 1981 300SD - Captain America - 03-21-2011

Sucks about the valves Undecided

RE: 1981 300SD - winmutt - 03-23-2011

PCB! We are going to FT Walton for a week in April to pick up a VW Eurovan and vacation.

Is this a new car or did you paint it? Looks much nicer than the one you drove to my house.

PS everyone knows Ga Southern is the party school.

RE: 1981 300SD - 300SD81 - 03-23-2011

(03-23-2011, 12:46 PM)winmutt PCB! We are going to FT Walton for a week in April to pick up a VW Eurovan and vacation.

Is this a new car or did you paint it? Looks much nicer than the one you drove to my house.

Same car, maaco paint job on a pullapart fender + driver door. Prep and primered them myself. Surprisingly good job, I can barely tell up close, hopefully it won't peel.

(03-23-2011, 12:46 PM)winmutt PS everyone knows Ga Southern is the party school.

You'll have to take that up with the Princeton Review...