STD Other Open ford vs. chevy

ford vs. chevy

ford vs. chevy

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-09-2010, 07:39 PM #1
for the record. ford is better than chevy. a lot better. and for the record 70% ofthe dodge pickups wouldn't be sold if they didn't have cummins under the hood. can you immagine some of the mechanical work under the hood of some of these dodge pickups? they come with vnt but immagine the paperclips and bubblegum? Chrysler makes the worst vehicles on earth and I'm ashamed for Mercedes for ever getting involved with them. iI'm sorry dodge pickup, but It's not normal for a rear end to wear out after five years. or could be the radiator. my radiator never went but it was 27 years old and I just replaced it on principle.

1983 light ivory/palomino 300d turbo
rdirtycar
07-09-2010, 07:39 PM #1

for the record. ford is better than chevy. a lot better. and for the record 70% ofthe dodge pickups wouldn't be sold if they didn't have cummins under the hood. can you immagine some of the mechanical work under the hood of some of these dodge pickups? they come with vnt but immagine the paperclips and bubblegum? Chrysler makes the worst vehicles on earth and I'm ashamed for Mercedes for ever getting involved with them. iI'm sorry dodge pickup, but It's not normal for a rear end to wear out after five years. or could be the radiator. my radiator never went but it was 27 years old and I just replaced it on principle.

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-10-2010, 12:21 PM #2
In my most humble opinion.
My girl is so Korean she eats with chopsticks and fills her little cheeks with kimchee her mom made.
This post was last modified: 07-10-2010, 12:56 PM by rdirtycar.

rdirtycar
07-10-2010, 12:21 PM #2

In my most humble opinion.

My girl is so Korean she eats with chopsticks and fills her little cheeks with kimchee her mom made.

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-10-2010, 03:31 PM #3
(07-09-2010, 07:39 PM)rdirtycar ford is better than chevy
Chassis and body, yes. Engine and powertrain, not even remotely. Ford's 460 being an exception.

Quote:and for the record 70% ofthe dodge pickups wouldn't be sold if they didn't have cummins under the hood.
Very much so. Thats why Ford swaps are so popular.

Quote:I'm ashamed for Mercedes for ever getting involved with them.
So was Mercedes when they dumped Chrysler at an 80% loss on the purchase price.
This post was last modified: 07-10-2010, 03:32 PM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
07-10-2010, 03:31 PM #3

(07-09-2010, 07:39 PM)rdirtycar ford is better than chevy
Chassis and body, yes. Engine and powertrain, not even remotely. Ford's 460 being an exception.

Quote:and for the record 70% ofthe dodge pickups wouldn't be sold if they didn't have cummins under the hood.
Very much so. Thats why Ford swaps are so popular.

Quote:I'm ashamed for Mercedes for ever getting involved with them.
So was Mercedes when they dumped Chrysler at an 80% loss on the purchase price.

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-10-2010, 08:41 PM #4
So true about modern International Harvester diesel engines. I talk to a lot of tradesmen all the time and inevitably there is a horror story once a month about a 40k$ American pickup or van spending weeks at the dealer or mystery problems causing thousands of dollars in repairs. We switched to Mitsubishi Fuso 10 years ago and never looked back. It's just simple economics.
I really don't mean to insult anyones vehicle here. I know all about impractical love for crap after a vespa and a few air cooled volkswagens. Sometimes vehicles are so intreaguing they deserve more than average loving care. I got into Mercedes because I was so sick of fixing things that just get unfixed again. Aside from the air intake to the turbo in my 300D which can be frustrating to service, things stay fixed on this car. It's really startling at first.
This post was last modified: 07-10-2010, 08:47 PM by rdirtycar.

rdirtycar
07-10-2010, 08:41 PM #4

So true about modern International Harvester diesel engines. I talk to a lot of tradesmen all the time and inevitably there is a horror story once a month about a 40k$ American pickup or van spending weeks at the dealer or mystery problems causing thousands of dollars in repairs. We switched to Mitsubishi Fuso 10 years ago and never looked back. It's just simple economics.

I really don't mean to insult anyones vehicle here. I know all about impractical love for crap after a vespa and a few air cooled volkswagens. Sometimes vehicles are so intreaguing they deserve more than average loving care. I got into Mercedes because I was so sick of fixing things that just get unfixed again. Aside from the air intake to the turbo in my 300D which can be frustrating to service, things stay fixed on this car. It's really startling at first.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-11-2010, 07:13 AM #5
Bullshit!!!!!

Fords suck all the way around! haha

try and work on a 351 (or bigger) mustang or cougar and let me know how far you get b4 you start cursing and throwing your tools at it when you try to do anything besides drive the fuckin thing while it feels as if it's going to crumble out from under you...

and i have worked/driven a lot.

I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead this can get long and I'm sleepy. It's so funnn to battle like this, especially on a AWESOME small forum such as this one...

I'll let you guys tryyyy and make a comeback while I sleep for a bit then I will check back. hehe

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

AX15 Jeep Trans swap in progress....

Captain America
07-11-2010, 07:13 AM #5

Bullshit!!!!!

Fords suck all the way around! haha

try and work on a 351 (or bigger) mustang or cougar and let me know how far you get b4 you start cursing and throwing your tools at it when you try to do anything besides drive the fuckin thing while it feels as if it's going to crumble out from under you...

and i have worked/driven a lot.

I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead this can get long and I'm sleepy. It's so funnn to battle like this, especially on a AWESOME small forum such as this one...

I'll let you guys tryyyy and make a comeback while I sleep for a bit then I will check back. hehe

1982 300D Turbo ... 3,6xxlbs, No fan, No AC, Hood Stack, No ALDA, No rear bumper and stuffed front, A/W Intercooled, Injectors by Greezer and HUGE Pre-Chambers with help from OM616 & Simpler=Better, Fuel Cranked up, 60 Trim Compressor wheel, EGT, EMP, Boost 50" Rigid Radius bar on roof Aux tank for a total of 48 Gal Of Diesel! Odyssey PC-1750 Battery in trunk, 27"x8.5"/R14 Maxxis BigHorn Mud Terrains, In June '14 issue of Off Road Mag

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-11-2010, 08:57 AM #6
GM has style, Ford is for work. At least until the end of the 90's. My father had the most beautiful 1968 blue 4wd K10. The engineerig was questionable but if you look closely the bed actually had fins. That was such pretty truck and didn't really get stuck. It had the small rear window. I learned to drive on it because it had low range and all I needed was clutch. We switched to Toyota right after that for work pickups my brother drives I think #7 and my dad #8 Toyota. For tool carriers before the Mitsubishi Fuso came along in 98 my father always bought used Ford vans from Ryder. I remember them being difficult to work on and my father often saying thing like "typical corporate bullshit" while trying to get at a sparkplug. When I go to choose any product I always go with what the professionals use and it seems that most of the NYC taxicabs are Fords. Power company buys fords. Cable company drives fords. The old carpenters drive fords. This is quickly being taken over by Asian vehicles of course but that's off subject. How's that?

rdirtycar
07-11-2010, 08:57 AM #6

GM has style, Ford is for work. At least until the end of the 90's. My father had the most beautiful 1968 blue 4wd K10. The engineerig was questionable but if you look closely the bed actually had fins. That was such pretty truck and didn't really get stuck. It had the small rear window. I learned to drive on it because it had low range and all I needed was clutch. We switched to Toyota right after that for work pickups my brother drives I think #7 and my dad #8 Toyota. For tool carriers before the Mitsubishi Fuso came along in 98 my father always bought used Ford vans from Ryder. I remember them being difficult to work on and my father often saying thing like "typical corporate bullshit" while trying to get at a sparkplug. When I go to choose any product I always go with what the professionals use and it seems that most of the NYC taxicabs are Fords. Power company buys fords. Cable company drives fords. The old carpenters drive fords. This is quickly being taken over by Asian vehicles of course but that's off subject. How's that?

Rudolf_Diesel
Ask me if I care...

07-11-2010, 11:08 AM #7
I have owned Chevrolet, Ford, Nissan and Toyota. They have there good and bad points, for the money you can't go wrong with a SBC, but ANYONE can build one of those.

I have had the truck in my sig for 7 years now and would not hesitate to drive around the world. Sure there are problems with each, but I have not had many. It is a blast to do 0-60 in 6 secs and leave cars in the dust, err I mean a puff of smokeBig Grin

My bro owns a Dodge with a Cummins, nice motor, but they put a million mile motor in 50K mile truck. It has power and I can't knock it for that - hell if money was no problem I would own one of each.

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.
Rudolf_Diesel
07-11-2010, 11:08 AM #7

I have owned Chevrolet, Ford, Nissan and Toyota. They have there good and bad points, for the money you can't go wrong with a SBC, but ANYONE can build one of those.

I have had the truck in my sig for 7 years now and would not hesitate to drive around the world. Sure there are problems with each, but I have not had many. It is a blast to do 0-60 in 6 secs and leave cars in the dust, err I mean a puff of smokeBig Grin

My bro owns a Dodge with a Cummins, nice motor, but they put a million mile motor in 50K mile truck. It has power and I can't knock it for that - hell if money was no problem I would own one of each.

1982 300SD: 304,xxx Super M-pump with 7.5mm elements, 265 Nozzles, GT35 water cooled turbo, M90 Supercharger, A/W Intercooler, Serpentine drive belt, 3" SS exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, 240 breather, AEM dry Filter, Manual Boost Control, EGT / Boost / EMP gauges....Moved on to other projects

1995 F-350 7.3L PSD: 230,xxx 6.0 IC, DIY Stage 1 Injectors, 17* hpop, Tony Wildman Chip, John Wood Trans, 6.4L TC, 3" down pipe, 4" straight exhaust, 310 HP on wheel dyno - 8500# dually: 0-60 in 6.98

Suzuki Samurai: VW 1.9L TD, Trackick doubler transfer case (made by me) 5.8:1 transfer case gears, YJ springs front and rear with rear missing links, wheel base extended 14", diffs welded, some day a VNT.

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

07-11-2010, 05:11 PM #8
I've owned both Ford and Chevy's. I have no real argument.. Except I grew up with Fords. But that's more sentimental then anything.

Besides, at least Ford didn't take any Government handouts that we Americans paid for.

Gota love Mercedes Diesels!

DeliveryValve
07-11-2010, 05:11 PM #8

I've owned both Ford and Chevy's. I have no real argument.. Except I grew up with Fords. But that's more sentimental then anything.

Besides, at least Ford didn't take any Government handouts that we Americans paid for.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-11-2010, 06:04 PM #9
Yeah GM took that handout but paid it back in full shortly after. IDK everything has its ups and downs like previously stated. I'm waiting for Ford to release details on their new diesel motor. The new GMC Sierra commercials say 500hp and 700tq!

I like both but prefer GM. the distributor in the front is weird

GM has used the same bell housing since the first SBC and is is the same on the big block. Ford uses all sorts of different bell housing bolt patterns between big and small block with different separator plates to go with... Why would you bolt the starter to the trans!?! that means you can start the engine without a trans bolted to it... weird again plus you have the water pump as part of the timing cover... not cool.

But I have driven a 2001 Mustang with a procharger on it and that car was fuckin quick until I blew it up. It was a total sleeper and I would smoke that shit out of anyone who was dumb enough to challenge me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPmYG8h1yzA

I also built a '67 Fastback with my boss. THE sickest mustang I have every driven... 700hp at the tires...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cf...Id=2844962

Captain America
07-11-2010, 06:04 PM #9

Yeah GM took that handout but paid it back in full shortly after. IDK everything has its ups and downs like previously stated. I'm waiting for Ford to release details on their new diesel motor. The new GMC Sierra commercials say 500hp and 700tq!

I like both but prefer GM. the distributor in the front is weird

GM has used the same bell housing since the first SBC and is is the same on the big block. Ford uses all sorts of different bell housing bolt patterns between big and small block with different separator plates to go with... Why would you bolt the starter to the trans!?! that means you can start the engine without a trans bolted to it... weird again plus you have the water pump as part of the timing cover... not cool.

But I have driven a 2001 Mustang with a procharger on it and that car was fuckin quick until I blew it up. It was a total sleeper and I would smoke that shit out of anyone who was dumb enough to challenge me.

I also built a '67 Fastback with my boss. THE sickest mustang I have every driven... 700hp at the tires...

DeliveryValve
Superturbo

07-11-2010, 10:05 PM #10
(07-11-2010, 06:04 PM)Captain America Yeah GM took that handout but paid it back in full shortly after. IDK everything has its ups and downs like previously stated.

But they did go have to go through bankruptcy and don't have to pay back their old loans, make everybody who owned stock see their shares worth zero, had an upper hand in labor negotiations and killed most of the supplier contracts. They pretty much did it to themselves with an old business model.

(07-11-2010, 06:04 PM)Captain America I like both but prefer GM. the distributor in the front is weird

But evidently the front distributor is better for racing. NASCAR Racing that is. Also the cylinder heads are Ford "Cleveland" style..

(07-11-2010, 06:04 PM)Captain America ....

Nice!

This post was last modified: 07-11-2010, 10:09 PM by DeliveryValve.

DeliveryValve
07-11-2010, 10:05 PM #10

(07-11-2010, 06:04 PM)Captain America Yeah GM took that handout but paid it back in full shortly after. IDK everything has its ups and downs like previously stated.

But they did go have to go through bankruptcy and don't have to pay back their old loans, make everybody who owned stock see their shares worth zero, had an upper hand in labor negotiations and killed most of the supplier contracts. They pretty much did it to themselves with an old business model.

(07-11-2010, 06:04 PM)Captain America I like both but prefer GM. the distributor in the front is weird

But evidently the front distributor is better for racing. NASCAR Racing that is. Also the cylinder heads are Ford "Cleveland" style..

(07-11-2010, 06:04 PM)Captain America ....

Nice!

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-11-2010, 10:24 PM #11
(07-11-2010, 10:05 PM)DeliveryValve But evidently the front distributor is better for racing. NASCAR Racing that is. Also the cylinder heads are Ford "Cleveland" style.

Thats because nascar uses cookie-cutter sticker engineered cars that are intentionally choked with ancient technology.
Nascar hasn't been an actual race event since the early 60's. Since then its just a high speed traffic jam where only driver/crew errors determine the outcome and accidents are the only attraction to stand watching it.
ForcedInduction
07-11-2010, 10:24 PM #11

(07-11-2010, 10:05 PM)DeliveryValve But evidently the front distributor is better for racing. NASCAR Racing that is. Also the cylinder heads are Ford "Cleveland" style.

Thats because nascar uses cookie-cutter sticker engineered cars that are intentionally choked with ancient technology.
Nascar hasn't been an actual race event since the early 60's. Since then its just a high speed traffic jam where only driver/crew errors determine the outcome and accidents are the only attraction to stand watching it.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-12-2010, 01:01 AM #12
The Part where the motors make 875hp @ well over 9000rpm for 3-4 hours straight is still very impressive. If they made any more power they would just have to use smaller restrictor plates to bring the speed down.

Maybe the adoption of the un cookie cutter bodies will bring more drag and let them run some more ponies under the hood...

Captain America
07-12-2010, 01:01 AM #12

The Part where the motors make 875hp @ well over 9000rpm for 3-4 hours straight is still very impressive. If they made any more power they would just have to use smaller restrictor plates to bring the speed down.

Maybe the adoption of the un cookie cutter bodies will bring more drag and let them run some more ponies under the hood...

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-12-2010, 08:20 AM #13
(07-12-2010, 01:01 AM)Captain America The Part where the motors make 875hp
You're about 100hp optimistic there.

Quote:for 3-4 hours straight
Thats expected of pretty much every aviation engine in the world. Except airlines don't need to rebuild their engines every 800 miles.

Quote:If they made any more power they would just have to use smaller restrictor plates to bring the speed down.
And there is a highlight of one of their primary problems.
This post was last modified: 07-12-2010, 08:23 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
07-12-2010, 08:20 AM #13

(07-12-2010, 01:01 AM)Captain America The Part where the motors make 875hp
You're about 100hp optimistic there.

Quote:for 3-4 hours straight
Thats expected of pretty much every aviation engine in the world. Except airlines don't need to rebuild their engines every 800 miles.

Quote:If they made any more power they would just have to use smaller restrictor plates to bring the speed down.
And there is a highlight of one of their primary problems.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-12-2010, 10:01 AM #14
(07-12-2010, 08:20 AM)ForcedInduction You're about 100hp optimistic there.

Well that's what Larry McReynolds said @ Daytona the other week when he was at the Camry cutaway car talking about restrictor plates.... He said without them the motors make between 850 and 875. I was surprised too.

Quote:Thats expected of pretty much every aviation engine in the world. Except airlines don't need to rebuild their engines every 800 miles.

How do you compare an aviation engine to a NASCAR motor? That's like apples and oranges. Those Merline V engines never spun anthing near the RPM of NASCAR... Small modifications were made to the engines which were now capable of generating 1,310 horsepower (877 kW) at 9,000 ft (2,700 m) while running at 3,000 revolutions per minute... From a quick wiki search

Quote:And there is a highlight of one of their primary problems.

Whats the problem? They make too much power?

Captain America
07-12-2010, 10:01 AM #14

(07-12-2010, 08:20 AM)ForcedInduction You're about 100hp optimistic there.

Well that's what Larry McReynolds said @ Daytona the other week when he was at the Camry cutaway car talking about restrictor plates.... He said without them the motors make between 850 and 875. I was surprised too.

Quote:Thats expected of pretty much every aviation engine in the world. Except airlines don't need to rebuild their engines every 800 miles.

How do you compare an aviation engine to a NASCAR motor? That's like apples and oranges. Those Merline V engines never spun anthing near the RPM of NASCAR... Small modifications were made to the engines which were now capable of generating 1,310 horsepower (877 kW) at 9,000 ft (2,700 m) while running at 3,000 revolutions per minute... From a quick wiki search

Quote:And there is a highlight of one of their primary problems.

Whats the problem? They make too much power?

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-12-2010, 10:48 AM #15
(07-12-2010, 10:01 AM)Captain America How do you compare an aviation engine to a NASCAR motor?
They do the same thing, make full power for hours on end. One does it with displacement and one with RPM.

Quote:Whats the problem? They make too much power?
Using old technology because Americans are generally afraid of new things. I'm amazed there weren't riots in the streets of the south when Toyota was allowed in and the first black man outright won a race (but notice that never made significant news).
This post was last modified: 07-12-2010, 10:49 AM by ForcedInduction.
ForcedInduction
07-12-2010, 10:48 AM #15

(07-12-2010, 10:01 AM)Captain America How do you compare an aviation engine to a NASCAR motor?
They do the same thing, make full power for hours on end. One does it with displacement and one with RPM.

Using old technology because Americans are generally afraid of new things. I'm amazed there weren't riots in the streets of the south when Toyota was allowed in and the first black man outright won a race (but notice that never made significant news).

JB3
Superturbo

07-12-2010, 12:37 PM #16
[/quote]

It might be more of a catch 22 than anything that keeps the old technology in play.
I once toured a Sunfish or Sailfish production factory where they were making the little sailboats, and the guy running it was really candid about how much he hated that the international boat racing leagues that those little boats are used for has tremendous control over the application of new technology.

He was showing us that he is forced to build all new sailboats using practices and materials come up with in the 50s and 60s, because if he were to upgrade, his new, lighter boat would invalidate all the hundreds of thousands of boats still out there. His new boats have to be identical weight and design to boats built in the Eisenhower era so they can all participate in the same leagues.

Basically, he could not change the way to build them, because if he did, he could not sell them to people who wanted to race them in regattas, which was his entire market. He was telling us that he could shave a couple hundred lbs off one of those boats, and make one that was nearly twice as fast if he had his way, but to do that he would have to basically started another racing league.

It was interesting to hear. I would imagine that the stock car racing circuit has all kinds of restrictions like that, and it can prevent some new innovation. I agree with you, I find stock car racing to be pretty boring. Its not really "stock" cars anymore. It would be one thing if it were still like the old days and I could drive my car from the showroom floor out onto the track, but those days are gone. Thats why I am so excited by the "24 hours of lemons" racing phenomena thats taking place. WAY more fun to watch.
This post was last modified: 07-12-2010, 12:42 PM by JB3.

1974 240D 617 turbo swap, W201 5-speed, in the works project
1983 240D 616 stock, DD
1989 Chevy Astro, 617 turbo swap, T5 5-speed, 4.56 diff, work van

JB3
07-12-2010, 12:37 PM #16

[/quote]

It might be more of a catch 22 than anything that keeps the old technology in play.
I once toured a Sunfish or Sailfish production factory where they were making the little sailboats, and the guy running it was really candid about how much he hated that the international boat racing leagues that those little boats are used for has tremendous control over the application of new technology.

He was showing us that he is forced to build all new sailboats using practices and materials come up with in the 50s and 60s, because if he were to upgrade, his new, lighter boat would invalidate all the hundreds of thousands of boats still out there. His new boats have to be identical weight and design to boats built in the Eisenhower era so they can all participate in the same leagues.

Basically, he could not change the way to build them, because if he did, he could not sell them to people who wanted to race them in regattas, which was his entire market. He was telling us that he could shave a couple hundred lbs off one of those boats, and make one that was nearly twice as fast if he had his way, but to do that he would have to basically started another racing league.

It was interesting to hear. I would imagine that the stock car racing circuit has all kinds of restrictions like that, and it can prevent some new innovation. I agree with you, I find stock car racing to be pretty boring. Its not really "stock" cars anymore. It would be one thing if it were still like the old days and I could drive my car from the showroom floor out onto the track, but those days are gone. Thats why I am so excited by the "24 hours of lemons" racing phenomena thats taking place. WAY more fun to watch.

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-12-2010, 02:30 PM #17
Yeah the 24 hour Le Memons is the shit! I love the Vettes. They are my fav

Captain America
07-12-2010, 02:30 PM #17

Yeah the 24 hour Le Memons is the shit! I love the Vettes. They are my fav

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-12-2010, 05:23 PM #18
(07-12-2010, 12:37 PM)dropnosky Thats why I am so excited by the "24 hours of lemons" racing phenomena thats taking place. WAY more fun to watch.
I agree very much with that. Unfortunately the diesels are doing so damn well that they are making rules specifically for them to choke performance and make the other teams "competitive". They already have a minimum weight limit, very small restrictor bells, reduced the fuel capacity limit (several times) and limit boost pressure.

The difference between 1-3rd place this year was 3 laps, 4th place was 25 laps behind. Thats after several years of new rules attempting to cut off Audi's and Peugeots' balls. But thats the difference between nascar and Le Mans, manufacturers still have enough freedom to come up with new ideas and technology. The only way a nascar team can make their car better is to bend the rules or outright cheat without getting caught.
The other manufacturers would be screaming rape if Audi didn't have major boost, fuel and airflow restrictions.
ForcedInduction
07-12-2010, 05:23 PM #18

(07-12-2010, 12:37 PM)dropnosky Thats why I am so excited by the "24 hours of lemons" racing phenomena thats taking place. WAY more fun to watch.
I agree very much with that. Unfortunately the diesels are doing so damn well that they are making rules specifically for them to choke performance and make the other teams "competitive". They already have a minimum weight limit, very small restrictor bells, reduced the fuel capacity limit (several times) and limit boost pressure.

The difference between 1-3rd place this year was 3 laps, 4th place was 25 laps behind. Thats after several years of new rules attempting to cut off Audi's and Peugeots' balls. But thats the difference between nascar and Le Mans, manufacturers still have enough freedom to come up with new ideas and technology. The only way a nascar team can make their car better is to bend the rules or outright cheat without getting caught.
The other manufacturers would be screaming rape if Audi didn't have major boost, fuel and airflow restrictions.

Rudolf_Diesel
Ask me if I care...

07-12-2010, 06:44 PM #19
lemons de crap heaps, I presume not Le Mans, but you are correct on the latter.Big Grin
This post was last modified: 07-12-2010, 06:45 PM by Rudolf_Diesel.

Rudolf_Diesel
07-12-2010, 06:44 PM #19

lemons de crap heaps, I presume not Le Mans, but you are correct on the latter.Big Grin

ForcedInduction
Banned

07-12-2010, 07:00 PM #20
Ah, you caught it. He meant LeMons, but I was thinking Le Mans.
ForcedInduction
07-12-2010, 07:00 PM #20

Ah, you caught it. He meant LeMons, but I was thinking Le Mans.

willbhere4u
Six in a row make her go!

07-12-2010, 07:53 PM #21
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons
This post was last modified: 07-12-2010, 07:54 PM by willbhere4u.
Attached Files
Image(s)

1987 300SDL 6spd manual om606.962 swap project
1985 300td euro 5spd wagon running
willbhere4u
07-12-2010, 07:53 PM #21

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons

Attached Files
Image(s)

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-13-2010, 12:11 AM #22
yeah I though the spelling looked weird haha. FUK IT!

oh wow! I screwed it up super bad Holy hell!
This post was last modified: 07-13-2010, 02:09 PM by Captain America.

Captain America
07-13-2010, 12:11 AM #22

yeah I though the spelling looked weird haha. FUK IT!

oh wow! I screwed it up super bad Holy hell!

JB3
Superturbo

07-13-2010, 09:14 AM #23
Big Grin both lemons and Lemans are very entertaining. Rally races are my favorite though, especially clips of the Paris to Dakar rally. (unfortunately destructive to nature and indigenous population they say) I especially love watching the trucks outpace the bikes and cars.

motorcycles-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRbP2QgW7Io

cars, a few trucks, and motorcycles-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YkbqVgz7...re=related

and trucks-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VLDNtkA6Rg

I could watch those videos for hours

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

JB3
07-13-2010, 09:14 AM #23

Big Grin both lemons and Lemans are very entertaining. Rally races are my favorite though, especially clips of the Paris to Dakar rally. (unfortunately destructive to nature and indigenous population they say) I especially love watching the trucks outpace the bikes and cars.

motorcycles-

and trucks-

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-13-2010, 03:28 PM #24
(07-13-2010, 09:14 AM)dropnosky Big Grin both lemons and Lemans are very entertaining. Rally races are my favorite though, especially clips of the Paris to Dakar rally. (unfortunately destructive to nature and indigenous population they say) I especially love watching the trucks outpace the bikes and cars.

motorcycles-

and trucks-

Holy insane, I don't even care for motorcycles but that almost made me cry. Love the remix of hot butter's popcorn.

rdirtycar
07-13-2010, 03:28 PM #24

(07-13-2010, 09:14 AM)dropnosky Big Grin both lemons and Lemans are very entertaining. Rally races are my favorite though, especially clips of the Paris to Dakar rally. (unfortunately destructive to nature and indigenous population they say) I especially love watching the trucks outpace the bikes and cars.

motorcycles-

and trucks-

Holy insane, I don't even care for motorcycles but that almost made me cry. Love the remix of hot butter's popcorn.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-13-2010, 05:46 PM #25
I like the trucks!

Captain America
07-13-2010, 05:46 PM #25

I like the trucks!

willbhere4u
Six in a row make her go!

07-13-2010, 10:02 PM #26
I always thought one of the trucks would be the ultimate RV's

willbhere4u
07-13-2010, 10:02 PM #26

I always thought one of the trucks would be the ultimate RV's

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-14-2010, 12:30 AM #27
I like the Tatra's myself... But we are waaay off subject...

Captain America
07-14-2010, 12:30 AM #27

I like the Tatra's myself... But we are waaay off subject...

winmutt
bitbanger

07-14-2010, 07:43 PM #28
(07-11-2010, 05:11 PM)DeliveryValve Besides, at least Ford didn't take any Government handouts that we Americans paid for.

Little known fact. The US Government is the largest purveyor of porn. Hughes Satellite delivers more porn around the world than the internet. GM owns Hughes. And we all know who owns GM.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42
winmutt
07-14-2010, 07:43 PM #28

(07-11-2010, 05:11 PM)DeliveryValve Besides, at least Ford didn't take any Government handouts that we Americans paid for.

Little known fact. The US Government is the largest purveyor of porn. Hughes Satellite delivers more porn around the world than the internet. GM owns Hughes. And we all know who owns GM.

1987 300D Sturmmachine
1991 300D Nearly Perfect
1985 300D Weekend/Camping/Dog car
1974 L508D Motoroam Monarch "NightMare"
OBK #42

JB3
Superturbo

07-15-2010, 11:52 AM #29
(07-14-2010, 12:30 AM)Captain America I like the Tatra's myself... But we are waaay off subject...

Sorry about that Blush

Back on subject, I am more comfortable with ford vehicles just cause I always had them like others who have posted. I felt the base model vehicles were easier to repair on the ford brand versus the chevy brand back when all the money I had was stuffed down one of my socks, so I stuck with fords. No strong opinions really though, I do admit that is pretty hard to beat the turning radius on some of the chevy products though. I like a lot of chrysler products as well, always had a soft spot for jeeps, even after being absorbed by chrysler.

And of course, the 96 chrysler minivan thats been in the family is well above 220,000 miles with no signs of tiring, so can't complain about how great a vehicle thats turned out to be.

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

JB3
07-15-2010, 11:52 AM #29

(07-14-2010, 12:30 AM)Captain America I like the Tatra's myself... But we are waaay off subject...

Sorry about that Blush

Back on subject, I am more comfortable with ford vehicles just cause I always had them like others who have posted. I felt the base model vehicles were easier to repair on the ford brand versus the chevy brand back when all the money I had was stuffed down one of my socks, so I stuck with fords. No strong opinions really though, I do admit that is pretty hard to beat the turning radius on some of the chevy products though. I like a lot of chrysler products as well, always had a soft spot for jeeps, even after being absorbed by chrysler.

And of course, the 96 chrysler minivan thats been in the family is well above 220,000 miles with no signs of tiring, so can't complain about how great a vehicle thats turned out to be.

1983 240D 616 stock, DD

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

07-15-2010, 02:26 PM #30
The new Jeep and Challenger commercial are my favorite so far... guess my name should explain why haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uIBL_ei5VM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOukB0_5sEs

Captain America
07-15-2010, 02:26 PM #30

The new Jeep and Challenger commercial are my favorite so far... guess my name should explain why haha.

rdirtycar
flash gordon

07-15-2010, 08:19 PM #31
(07-15-2010, 02:26 PM)Captain America The new Jeep and Challenger commercial are my favorite so far... guess my name should explain why haha.

I like America a lot cause of our open mindedness. It's not the education system that makes us great it's the community structures and the access to information. And clubs like superturbodiesel where we can spread ideas.

rdirtycar
07-15-2010, 08:19 PM #31

(07-15-2010, 02:26 PM)Captain America The new Jeep and Challenger commercial are my favorite so far... guess my name should explain why haha.

I like America a lot cause of our open mindedness. It's not the education system that makes us great it's the community structures and the access to information. And clubs like superturbodiesel where we can spread ideas.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

08-04-2010, 02:48 PM #32
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORD STILL SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahah!

Captain America
08-04-2010, 02:48 PM #32

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORD STILL SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahah!

Rudolf_Diesel
Ask me if I care...

08-04-2010, 05:39 PM #33
(08-04-2010, 02:48 PM)Captain America !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORD STILL SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahah!

Tongue I 'll race you in my FORD.

Rudolf_Diesel
08-04-2010, 05:39 PM #33

(08-04-2010, 02:48 PM)Captain America !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORD STILL SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahah!

Tongue I 'll race you in my FORD.

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

08-04-2010, 06:07 PM #34
think you can take the ole 460?
oh shit thats a ford doh!
dually power!

Captain America
08-04-2010, 06:07 PM #34

think you can take the ole 460?
dually power!

ForcedInduction
Banned

08-04-2010, 06:13 PM #35
(08-04-2010, 02:48 PM)Captain America FORD STILL SUCKS

Yep, thats why they needed all that bailout tax money to stay afloat. Wink
ForcedInduction
08-04-2010, 06:13 PM #35

(08-04-2010, 02:48 PM)Captain America FORD STILL SUCKS

Yep, thats why they needed all that bailout tax money to stay afloat. Wink

Rudolf_Diesel
Ask me if I care...

08-04-2010, 08:55 PM #36
(08-04-2010, 06:07 PM)Captain America think you can take the ole 460?
dually power!

I have 444 CID...Come on out to Irwindale on a Thursday night and we can see what 8500# of steel can doBig Grin It may not be the fastest but it freakin feels fastUndecided

Rudolf_Diesel
08-04-2010, 08:55 PM #36

(08-04-2010, 06:07 PM)Captain America think you can take the ole 460?
dually power!

I have 444 CID...Come on out to Irwindale on a Thursday night and we can see what 8500# of steel can doBig Grin It may not be the fastest but it freakin feels fastUndecided

Captain America
Boostin' & Roostin'

08-05-2010, 02:31 PM #37
I'll Race you in my hummer! I definitely have the weight advantage with that thing...

Here its being pulled by the 460 I mentioned earlier.... and U haul thought I was towing a volvo! ha!

A GM getting pulled by a Ford.... Yeah SHUTUP!!!! hahaa

Shes getting a new motor. Pulled out the NA 6.5 diesel and was gonna stuff a 7.3 chipped Powerstroke in it but decided that was too much work and now shes gettin a BBC
This post was last modified: 08-05-2010, 02:47 PM by Captain America.

Captain America
08-05-2010, 02:31 PM #37

I'll Race you in my hummer! I definitely have the weight advantage with that thing...

Here its being pulled by the 460 I mentioned earlier.... and U haul thought I was towing a volvo! ha!

A GM getting pulled by a Ford.... Yeah SHUTUP!!!! hahaa

Shes getting a new motor. Pulled out the NA 6.5 diesel and was gonna stuff a 7.3 chipped Powerstroke in it but decided that was too much work and now shes gettin a BBC

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average